PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exams - Have they changed much?

MadMadMike
21st Jun 2015, 23:56
About to knock off my ATPL's after having them expire and then avoiding looking at them for a few years. Still have my old Higgins notes just wondering how much things have changed in the past 5 years. I understand flight planning has had the magic brush go through it and the **** storm that created, just wondering if there are any other that the old notes would be no good for anymore.

Thanks

Left 270
22nd Jun 2015, 00:12
Nav and human factors as well. HF just the TEM stuff mostly

MadMadMike
22nd Jun 2015, 00:42
How different is the Nav stuff and when did that change?

Left 270
22nd Jun 2015, 01:52
Can't tell you exactly as I sat the recent one but, I don't know anyone who has found it very easy with about half buggering it up the first time. I'm fairly sure from that, that it has changed. Also got questions now with no multiple choice but thats throughout the exams now. I used some slightly dated notes for nav and there was heaps that wasn't covered, but that's just my experience.

Username here
22nd Jun 2015, 07:26
I did Nav in 2013 with notes from 2001. Got 94%

Not much has changed...

MadMadMike
22nd Jun 2015, 07:46
That's what I like to hear, thanks. Mine are only a few years old so hopefully should be all good.

hobo335
22nd Jun 2015, 07:57
I second username here,

Used old notes and nothing seems overly new or different. A few more slightly complicated time zone conversion questions than I had in my book but you should be fine with your old notes :ok:

MadMadMike
30th Jul 2015, 01:15
Just a follow on to this, has anyone done Air Law recently with the Part 61 changes? I understand they can now ask form either?

scavenger
30th Jul 2015, 05:25
Just a follow on to this, has anyone done Air Law recently with the Part 61 changes? I understand they can now ask form either?

All exams are based on legislation that is current on the day of sitting.

If you are talking about flight and duty times, I believe the old CAO 48 exists until the end of April 2016. Since the new CAO 48 legislative instrument or whatever it's called (the new flight and duty times) is also current, they can ask both.

MadMadMike
30th Jul 2015, 10:03
That's great thanks