PDA

View Full Version : Mac book question.

superq7
19th Jun 2015, 19:27
I've just bought my first proper computer the new Mac book, previously I used I Pads, anyway my problem is on 'contacts' it comes up with,

Contacts can't connect to the Yahoo! account "Yahoo"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Stuart.

mixture
19th Jun 2015, 21:17
superq7,

Congratulations on your decision, I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you've settled in after the transition from Windows.

You can also practice saying "Sorry my dear, got to go warm up the Maaac in my Jaaag" :E

Re: Contacts and Yahoo, I've never tried connecting contacts to Yahoo. But have you tried going to System Preferences -> Internet Accounts and setting up the Yahoo connection there ?

(For other readers confused about paragraph 2 above, cf. Clarkson thread in Jet Blast)

superq7
19th Jun 2015, 22:07
Re: Contacts and Yahoo, I've never tried connecting contacts to Yahoo. But have you tried going to System Preferences -> Internet Accounts and setting up the Yahoo connection there ?

Yes thanks mixture I've tried that but no luck, looks like I'll have to pop over to the Genius Bar.

any excuse to fire up the f type.

mixture
19th Jun 2015, 22:14
Yes thanks mixture I've tried that but no luck, looks like I'll have to pop over to the Genius Bar.

Is there anything of interest in Applications -> Utilities -> Console that mentions yahoo ?

UPDATE :

I assume you've exhausted the following possibility :
"This is due to a change in Yahoo security settings. You have to go into your Yahoo account and create a special App Password, then use that password in Calendar and Contacts to access your account."

superq7
20th Jun 2015, 12:19
Just checked in, I'll check that out mix,thank you.

superq7
20th Jun 2015, 15:50
I assume you've exhausted the following possibility :
"This is due to a change in Yahoo security settings. You have to go into your Yahoo account and create a special App Password, then use that password in Calendar and Contacts to access your account."

That worked a treat, thank you Sir.