PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get chased away from St. Pete?

4HolerPoler
18th Jun 2015, 17:05
I was wondering how many of us had to relocate from LED during the SPIEF conference this year.

We started working on this 4 months back, finally got assurance that we had parking but on landing yesterday they said we had to relocate due to 'security concerns.'

Helsinki had no parking left so we came to Moscow, same as last year.

Miles and miles of empty parking at LED but unless you're a state aircraft or have serious wasta they make you move.

Lucky we work for gazillionaires but it's a little crazy. Russian kind of crazy.

4HP

Welle
18th Jun 2015, 17:56
...at least you will have a nice hotac in moscow....

our sistership had a short notice charter to LED today, no problem to get parking..., but it might be as you described above...

enjoy mockba
welle

mutt
19th Jun 2015, 06:09
nice hotac in moscow. Yep the hotels that were available for crews in LED were quite poor.

Global_Global
19th Jun 2015, 07:36
A well, two sporty extra t/o's without moaning pax in the back :E And yes a much better hotel... I am not complaining :D

4HolerPoler
19th Jun 2015, 13:49
Agreed on all the above. :ugh:

Moscow anyday. Great hotels.

4HP

4HolerPoler
23rd Jun 2015, 05:45
The yoyo to Moscow worked out fine.

Friday was apparently really busy in LED, to the extent that Pulkovo 2 and 3 ramps were a little crowded.

As in many social events there was a little jostling, with the end result of one Global's winglet decorating that of another.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/4HolerPoler/acbf8da85c6b85466b344b0dffb37c46_zpsuyo4gxfb.jpg

Happens to the best of us; there but for the grace of God (and a little caution) go I. I hope no-one loses their job over this one.