PDA

View Full Version : CAAS CPL/IR at CTC

stevechen77
17th Jun 2015, 05:04
Just heard that CTC is introducing a course on CAAS CPL/IR (Not shown on website), anyone applied?

Singapore787
17th Jun 2015, 05:44
I would say this is aimed to attract Singaporeans to CTC, caas license is not much use outside of Singapore or if you are a non resident. Would be a safer bet to go for one of the cadet schemes for the various airlines.

Droste
17th Jun 2015, 10:02
I would say this is aimed to attract Singaporeans to CTC, caas license is not much use outside of Singapore or if you are a non resident.
I fully agree with Singapore787!

Singapore has the most expensive pilot training programme in the entire Southeast Asia.

CTC is 100% out to suck Singaporeans' money.

Worst still, foreigners always will think they can easily get into local aviation job industry.

wonderland
17th Jun 2015, 10:43
Only 2 things suck hard in singapore, some of the FTO's preying on a quick buck... And my ex.

stevechen77
17th Jun 2015, 15:13
This is funny!

stevechen77
17th Jun 2015, 15:17
Only 2 things suck hard in singapore, some of the FTO's preying on a quick buck... And my ex.

yah too many CPL in singapore ady. But how is CTC's training quality?
I am new to this forum please enlighten me

wonderland
17th Jun 2015, 15:57
Hey Steve, u been posting around a bit since 2013, no luck with the tiger / jet star / SilkAir / etc?

A private candidate cpl program is really the dumbest thing anyone can do with his or her money. Imagine you are a kidnapper, will you release the hostage before getting the ransom?

Kidnapper: hey I am going to let u go.
Abductee: my dad paid the ransom?
Kidnapper: not yet he said he'll do it tomorrow morning after brunch.
Abductee: ok! See ya, btw can you drop me at holland village? Or gimme cab fare? Oh! And are you on Facebook? I want to add u as a friend...:ugh:

dream747
18th Jun 2015, 07:51
Many of us who paid for our own Singaporean CPL got jobs flying in Singapore. Granted, there are still guys waiting for a job but most of us decided on going for the course after contemplating and assessing the risks.

I'd like to see you tell so many of us who have a job now that we did the dumbest thiNg.

AdamHanis
21st Jun 2015, 22:06
Hi dream747,

I am from Singapore,21 and I too would like to join the aviation line. In fact, ever since I was 4.

There are a few routes to obtaining a CPL in Singapore however I do not really see much flying opportunity in Singapore.

For example if I complete my CPL/IR, without much real commercial flying hours, which airliner can I go to. I'm pretty sure even low cost airliners would require at least an ATPL which requires a minimal of 1500 hours besides MPL.

This is best to my knowledge.
Please do point out any mistakes I made. Also any tips or advice for an inspiring pilot.

Kind regards.

wonderland
22nd Jun 2015, 04:25
Join YFC. Get a PPL. Then get a desk bound job. Then marry and apply for a BTO. :ok:

neemath
22nd Jun 2015, 04:33
🚁 Any mid level helicopter pilot looking to build hours? Must have India CHPL, 500 hours, R44 rating. Assignment for 200 hrs/yr PIC + 100 Co Contact Twitter @PandaJay

dream747
22nd Jun 2015, 11:46
AH,

Have you tried applying to the cadet schemes yet? I think that's the first and best option at the moment.