PDA

View Full Version : Sloooooooooow page scrolling?

BEagle
16th Jun 2015, 07:47
Now that there are some 7 different adverts infesting many PPRuNe pages, scrolling down the page seems to be rather slooooow and blocky.

(Win 7.1 and IE11 normally - but it's no better with Firefox).

Any chance of fixing this? It's not my Internet speed as I have a downstream speed of over 50 Mbps.

mixture
16th Jun 2015, 08:06
It's not my Internet speed as I have a downstream speed of over 50 Mbps.

Might not be your internet speed, but it could well be your computer.

I've no problems at all with PPrUne and firefox.

BEagle
16th Jun 2015, 08:42
It seems a lot better today - perhaps it was one of the adverts which was slowing page loading? There's a slight pause before (usually) the advert at the top of each page loads, but then it's OK.

Yes, I know that I could use an adblocker, but I don't like downloading software from the Internet.

Not that I ever look at any of the adverts anyway!

Rasthem
16th Jun 2015, 09:10
I have had no problems with scrolling rate or download speed (50mb). I use Firefox browser.

RadarContactLost
16th Jun 2015, 09:19
Yes, I know that I could use an adblocker, but I don't like downloading software from the Internet.

Not that I ever look at any of the adverts anyway!

Dropdown menu bottom of the page, left side, choose pprune no ads. :ok:

Groucho
16th Jun 2015, 12:57
Hmm! A bit too 'simple' for some, I suspect, RCL..............

dazdaz1
16th Jun 2015, 13:57
Radar, brill "Dropdown menu bottom of the page, left side, choose PPRuNe no ads. :ok:"

Does one have to do this each time logging in or is the setting saved?

Saab Dastard
16th Jun 2015, 18:28
Does one have to do this each time logging in or is the setting saved?

Forum Skin in Miscellaneous Options in Edit Options in Settings & Options in User CP

Not saying there's any benefit in setting it, just where the option is.

Mods don't get ads (there have to be SOME perks).

SD

BEagle
7th Jul 2015, 21:28
PPRuNe is again being very slow and blocky if the 'PPRuNe vB3 Googleads Style' is used, but fine if 'PPRuNe No Ads Style' is used....

When will Internet Brands understand that the levels of advertising contamination they now inflict on PPRuNe is causing more and more people to turn to Adblocks and 'No Ads Style'?

A tale of geese and golden eggs might be worth noting......