PDA

View Full Version : How is a Criminal Conviction for a Pilot treated in PNG?

Naik
15th Jun 2015, 01:26
Hey guys, I just have a question about how a criminal conviction is treated by CASA PNG and the air transport organisations in PNG.

If some of you could direct me to a website or show me something in writing about how their organisations treat a conviction, it would be a big help.

Thanks

Arm out the window
15th Jun 2015, 07:21
It's compulsory.
:)

VH-Cheer Up
15th Jun 2015, 08:12
Probably depends what kind of a conviction. Blowing .08 ten years ago might not be as catastrophic for a career as embezzling the monthly fuel and catering accounts, or a violent offence. It's going to come down to the position involved and what the relevant Act says. Can you give more detail?

Mach E Avelli
15th Jun 2015, 09:44
You need a police clearance (report) to apply for a PNG work permit, so why not get this for the few dollars it costs? Without a work permit you are going nowhere. If an employer does not think that they can get you a work permit they will move on to the next applicant.

In some Australian states certain convictions drop dead after so many years - if that time has elapsed you should find that whatever felony you committed is not on the police report.
I see that you are in NZ which may work differently, in which case you could be screwed.

Duck Pilot
15th Jun 2015, 09:50
Unless you were going to be a Senior Person with a certificate holder, I doubt CASA PNG would have any interest.

However, the Immigration Department probably won't issue you with a Work Permit if the conviction was serious. An agent who handles PNG Work Permit applications should be able to give you an indication of a possible outcome.

justinga
15th Jun 2015, 14:00
If you are asking this question, with all due respect ....... Are you sure you want to be PNG?