PDA

View Full Version : Dublin 1 - Big Hare or Fox

Maddie
13th Jun 2015, 19:09
Good evening,

I was wondering if anybody saw a big cat/fox/hare heading at speed towards Terminal 1 this morning.

I was on a plane just heading for the taxi runway at around 7.00am, when I saw this large animal running across the apron. I was in seat 3c and my eyesight isn't brilliant, thought not bad enough for me to have imagined it, so it was quite big.

Are wild creatures like this a common occurrence, what is likely to have happened it. Would its appearance have impacted on arrivals and departures at all - just curious?

Thanks for any information.

Maddie

Hangar6
13th Jun 2015, 20:11
Heard the news refer to it, apparently came in the ABZDUB extra among the soccer fans fell fowl of GNIB and flew the coop, still at large I believe !

Maddie
15th Jun 2015, 21:42
Ha, ha.

Thank you for your reply, but my eyes didn't deceive me, anyway, clearly it didn't cause much disturbance.

Maddie,

EI-A330-300
15th Jun 2015, 21:46
Once it's not on the runway and a bird it wouldn't do any harm and probably happens across all airfields you cannot 100% have a clear airfield.

BTW I expect they were more scared.

eastern wiseguy
15th Jun 2015, 21:54
It is VERY common for wildlife to be found wandering around the manoeuvring areas of an airport. When I worked at Belfast it was common to watch foxes ,hares,and,on the odd occasion dogs running free . The dogs usually had slipped the lead from the Air Force base. Generally the Bird Control or operations vehicles would shoo them away or ...pick up the carcasses after they had come in contact with an aircraft.

In terms of Hares ...have a look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1oL5gG-fk

No idea why it has appeared twice.....sorry.

FlyboyUK
16th Jun 2015, 17:45
There are loads of hares running around at DUB. Seen more there than anywhere else.

After all it is a Harefield (sorry):ok:

N707ZS
16th Jun 2015, 21:30
Hare today gone tomorrow!

Sober Lark
16th Jun 2015, 21:54
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFFiulPaRGXJ-N5NMTCHUa1WYVGtMo1d3vs_j0j8HmZfE93yRv