PDA

View Full Version : LHR - LGW Min Connection Time

wowzz
12th Jun 2015, 14:29
Does anyone believe that a 3 hour minimum connection time between LHR and LGW is sensible, given that check-in will close 30 minutes prior to departure, giving a total time of 2 hours 30 minutes from scheduled arrival time at LHR.
I am sure that it can be done, if everything goes like clockwork, but would it be sensible to allow such a connection time?

mockingjay
12th Jun 2015, 14:36
It's a bit ambitious if you ask me. Make sure you're flying on a through ticket and not two separate bookings, or it will likely end in tears. If there are several of you, consider a taxi. I did recently and it was only slightly more than public transport.

ajdm
12th Jun 2015, 15:28
I managed T5 passport control to South Terminal departure lounge in less than 2 hours a couple of months ago, with luggage and child, via Heathrow & Gatwick Expresses.

That said, I wouldn't plan on having to do it in less than 4 hours.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Jun 2015, 17:26
Come back Link - all is forgiven!

Phileas Fogg
13th Jun 2015, 10:50
Does anyone believe that a 3 hour minimum connection time between LHR and LGW is sensible

At what time and on what day of the week.

National Express might be scheduled at just over an hour but at the wrong time of day can easily take 3 hours or longer.

wowzz
13th Jun 2015, 11:17
Mid-week travel, arriving at LHR about 7:00 am, so will be hitting the M25 about 8!

Phileas Fogg
13th Jun 2015, 11:25
The perfect time of day NOT to be hitting the M25.

Allow 3 hours for the National Express journey alone.

PAXboy
13th Jun 2015, 11:27
Bad luck! Really, the M25 at that time is never good. A taxi can take you on the cut through roads - it's a winding journey with many junctions and traffic lights but may still be better.

Duo802
13th Jun 2015, 17:31
Europcar do a special inter-airport one way rental, with no surcharge for dropping off at a different location, and at a cost of about £45 for something like a Ford Focus. This can be cheaper (particularly if more than one passenger), and definitely quicker, than public transport. Normally, it shouldn't take more than an hour but, as previously suggested, contending with the M25 could be a nightmare at that time of day and could slow things right down.

DaveReidUK
13th Jun 2015, 17:42
Normally, it shouldn't take more than an hour

Including the transfers between the terminals at LHR/LGW and the rental pickup/dropoff points?

Good luck with that. :O

lomapaseo
13th Jun 2015, 21:52
I'll have to say that it sure puts a crimp in my travel plans on BA from Orlando to Dubai. No way would I try that routing on BA

mixture
14th Jun 2015, 21:01
Does anyone believe that a 3 hour minimum connection time between LHR and LGW is sensible

Realise I'm a bit late to the game here....

No, no, no ... and no.

Unless you enjoy stress, and enjoy running around whilst lugging suitcases.

Doesn't matter how you do it, public or private transport, three hours arrival gate to departure gate is just stupid.

"Relax don't do it" as Frankie said !

S.o.S.
15th Jun 2015, 01:22
mixture, its not often that you make me laugh. Actually, I think that was the first time!

Thanks for the Sunday evening reminder of 1984.