PDA

View Full Version : Sharing with Employees

The Management
11th Jun 2015, 22:38
Emirates chief says US row won't 'end in tears' - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33089927)

Emirates had also said on Wednesday, that it would pay $700m in dividends to its Dubai government owners and $300m in bonuses to employees, according to Reuters.Emirates has 56,750 employees, you do the math.

We at "The CPG” like to keep our employees financially poor only to give phrase when phrase is needed to smooth over a difficult situation.

Giving praise (bloody spell check) is much more frugal. We like to believe, STAFF, including pilots are a necessary evil to our bonuses.

"The CPG" makes hundreds of millions per year but we do not squander it on employees. We pay the employees a salary and We in all Management levels of "The CPG" believe not sharing with employees.

Our recent history speaks for itself. If you want any profit sharing, move to the Middle East.

We do give huge bonuses to our Upper Level Management and they deserve it. These Managers make critical decisions in the financial well being of "The CPG" i.e. fuel hedging, rostering practices, state of the art rostering program, price fixing which leads to huge fines, etc.

Most of our profit share goes to paying Our Upper Level Managers and not much left over for other employees.

To Our Upper Level Management Bonuses,
The Management

Frogman1484
11th Jun 2015, 23:44
Phrase .....a sequence of two or more words arranged in a grammatical construction and acting as a unit in a sentence.

Praise....the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.

Management.....really! :ok:

Yonosoy Marinero
12th Jun 2015, 02:55
Where does it say that the $300 Mil will be equitably shared amongst all employees?

Who's to say they won't allocate 90% to management and throw the scraps to the peons like CX does?

Paint me a cynic... :hmm:

Arfur Dent
12th Jun 2015, 05:10
If shared equally, that's about 37,000HKD per employee or about 20 times the last paltry insult we got. Emirates will give more to the aircrew than to cleaners and office staff so CX so-called 'profit share' is even more pathetic than at first glance. Just bear in mind that the first profit share back in the day, before the 'smoke and mirrors brigade' were allowed to cook the books, was 2.99 months' salary (plus the 13th month). Then you felt a sense of pride and, of course, would happily work on a G day if it helped out.
As I've said before, congrats to the MBA's and self servers who've got us to where we are today in less than a generation. Sir Adrian should be bloody ashamed of himself ( but probably isn't with all his yes men nodding dutifully).:mad:

cannot
12th Jun 2015, 05:19
In line with airline standards
200 mill to the top 15 management staff
Remaining 100 mill divided amongst 56750 employees limited to 1/2 months salary or HK5000 whichever is less
In keeping with the high regard the aircrew are held we will add a 6 pack of beer to the $ 5000
Mainly to dull the pain of the insult

Old Fella
14th Jun 2015, 01:58
AD, what do you find insulting about all staff getting the same percentage of their salary as a profit share? Yours and my 2.99 months profit share back then was a bloody sight more than the cleaners and office staff 2.99 months, but they appreciated it just as much as the rest of us. All staff needed to do their bit to make CX the great company it was. From much of what I read here it seems that the same people, a minority of CX employees, belly-ache. Maybe they should take up that opportunity to go to BA and, in time I expect, belly-ache about BA.

scavengepump
14th Jun 2015, 03:06
It's long been established on these boards 'Old Fella' that you have no idea of the machinations of the modern day CPA.
Be content you enjoyed the gravy years with the company.
In the meantime, do us current employees a favour and sod the F off with your preaching BS.

Sqwak7700
14th Jun 2015, 03:33
It's long been established on these boards 'Old Fella' that you have no idea of the machinations of the modern day CPA.
Be content you enjoyed the gravy years with the company.
In the meantime, do us current employees a favour and sod the F off with your preaching BS.

Amen to that. Not many Cathay defendants left, they have managed to piss off just about everybody. Even their hardcore cheerleaders.

:}

Just Do It
14th Jun 2015, 03:36
Old Fella,

Excellent "belly-aching" about "belly-aching".

raven11
14th Jun 2015, 05:49
You are way out of line old fella....your post amounts to "let them eat cake".

Arfur Dent
14th Jun 2015, 06:45
OF -
We all know that you think those of us on FH are just a bunch of moaners. You had a good time in CX and left about 20 years ago I'm guessing. As somebody just said, CX senior Management have managed to piss off the ENTIRE aircrew body and several other areas of employment too. I won't try to answer your comments because you don't listen and won't be told what the reality is here. Enjoy your retirement, mate, but as an observer to these threads - not as a contributor because it's not like it was. We have some huge Industrial problems including youngsters trying to 'live the dream' in a tiny sh**hole of a flat on the $10,000 pm that the $100,000pm so-called Managers allow them!
Off to the beach but read - don't write. As they say, "Never miss an opportunity to etc etc".:ok:

Joejetjock
20th Jun 2015, 04:22
To the Mismanagement:
Your days are numbered. You put your own personal interests ahead of your duty to serve this Company.
You have decimated our profit sharing through formula manipulation and you are envious of the pilots lifestyle and that they love their job and wouldn't trade it for yours in a million years.
Dust of your resume because when the strike happens it will be on you and your mismanagement team.
Speaking of math, how much will the Company lose per minute without a wheel turning?
Have a nice day.

Old Fella
20th Jun 2015, 06:10
AD, I do not think that all those who post on FH are "moaners", just a relatively small number. I do listen (read) and I do have an idea of how much things have changed. My disappointment is two-fold, (1) that the COS with Cathay have been degraded to the point where unrest prevails and (2) that so much adverse comment about the company is written. I don't really care about the remarks about me personally but just to endeavour to put the record straight I will copy a previous post on another thread some months back.

"A - B - C Scales
Frogman, as I indicated I am aware that there is no comparison with the pay scales of my day and those on offer today. Dropknee seems to think that, or at least infer, that I may be independently wealthy. Unlike a lot of others in my era I resigned at a time of my choosing, not because of any issue with the company, but simply because I had a desire to live back in my homeland. I did not leave with a sack full of loot. I did not complete ten years of CX service so I do not have any travel entitlements and I did not spend freely whilst in HK. I realised early on that the "bubble" had a limited life and so I saved as hard as I could without being a hermit. Life after CX has been kind and I am happy living out my retirement with modest means. Your comment on C scale crew would, I think, be the very reason that they should look elsewhere despite the comments of CCA. I cannot think of any worse situation than working in an environment where conditions are such that life is one long unhappy cycle and no light exists at the end of the tunnel. I sincerely hope that conditions improve and that others can look forward to going to work, as I did. Good luck to all."

I will now close my book on this matter. I really do look forward to reading
of a marked improvement for all.

Kitsune
20th Jun 2015, 16:15
OF, your two disappointments are mutually exclusive. If you have understood that the conditions in CX regarding rostering, pay, and conditions are drastically degraded, how can you be disappointed that the company and its management get slagged off? The two are inextricably linked.

Old Fella
21st Jun 2015, 01:54
Kitsune. I accept that the reasons for my disappointment may, to you, be mutually exclusive. Nonetheless I am disappointed on both scores. Disappointed that COS have been degraded as they have and disappointed that the problem is such that it is being "aired" on a public forum which, it seems, has no impact on the management of the company. If the majority of employees are as dissatisfied with their lot, as posts on FH indicates is the case, then why does not the AOA have more industrial clout than seems apparent?

As previously, I sincerely hope to read of better COS being obtained and happier times for all in CX.

Arfur Dent
21st Jun 2015, 10:50
Well said Mate! Live the dream..........:{

BillytheKid
21st Jun 2015, 15:48
CR-

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the old fella is out of touch with current industrial relations. Read the 49'ers book and you can see the company following the same play book. The labor experience of the A-scale generation is valuable and should not be overlooked lest we repeat history.

Perhaps your complaint resides in the attitude of those that go the extra mile for the company. That is not a labor relations issue.