PDA

View Full Version : FRench Helicopter seen flying over Salmsbury

Peter-RB
11th Jun 2015, 09:11
Last evening at about 1815hrs @ about 800ft saw my first actual view of the Gumbrial? very quiet and seeming handling very well, compared with the R22 that I saw about 30 mins later flying toward the Burnley Direction R22 sounded V loud compared to the French three blader..:ok:

Peter R-B

helicopter-redeye
11th Jun 2015, 19:06
Was that the Multiflight one?

heli1
11th Jun 2015, 21:30
See one close up at the Mini HeliDays at WSM on 20/21 June on seafront.

John R81
12th Jun 2015, 11:45
Or this weekend at the Redhill event in aid of air ambulance

Peter-RB
13th Jun 2015, 13:06
Heli red eye

It was pure whits could not see any sort of trading name on it, but it was quiet that must be the three blades and possibly the different type of head.

PR-B

HeliHenri
13th Jun 2015, 13:38
Hello Peter,

The Multiflight’s new Cabri G2 is dark grey so must be another one.

And by the way, the name is Guimbal and not Gumbrial ;)

Peter-RB
13th Jun 2015, 14:36
Henri,

My apology's, for the spelling, But the heli looked fantastic and Quiet, Samlesbury (now unused Airfield) belongs now to BAC so it could possibly be connected to some one there, I have not seen one of your Guimbal Helis before except on Pprune...it looks as good in the air as it does on the pictures you have posted. :ok:

Peter R-B

HeliHenri
13th Jun 2015, 15:23
Even for a French, that's not easy to spell ;)

Could be G-VVBZ based at Elstree Aerodrome and operated by VVB Aviation : HeliHub VVB Aviation takes delivery of 13th UK Cabri (http://helihub.com/2015/04/29/vvb-aviation-takes-delivery-of-13th-uk-cabri/)

do you leave near them ?

Edit : their base is near London so not very close to you :)

Peter-RB
15th Jun 2015, 09:13
H Henri.

I seem to remember its about 1.5 hours to Denham(north of Heathrow, London) so it s possible it could have been a long day out for some body, but as I said earlier there was no markings visible at the height of flight so its anyone guess.

P R-B Still a nice looker though...(the heli not me) ;)