PDA

View Full Version : Cargo door query

spoiler_mixer
10th Jun 2015, 21:18
A query for handling agents...An aircraft with loose loaded bags (737 etc) When the aircraft arrives on stand with a cargo door that will not open due to luggage shifting etc what is the procedure you follow (would you involve an engineer?)

Thanks

dc9-32
11th Jun 2015, 13:37
Second question I'd be asking is why did the departing handling agent not net the holds and secure the baggage :ugh:

NCL-TRC
11th Jun 2015, 17:12
Step one, my guys come to me telling me they can't open the door as you stated above.
Step two, I disappear away for several hours to complete paperwork.

NCL-TRC
11th Jun 2015, 17:14
Step one, my guys come to me telling me they can't open the door as you stated above.
Step two, I disappear away for several hours to complete paperwork.

But as above, bulk loaded aircaft have netting systems to prevent this from happening, it's a potential flight safety incident if they aren't secured and its drilled into the guys from day one.

spoiler_mixer
11th Jun 2015, 20:24
Fully appreciate that bags should be secured correctly by nets. However, my query relates to the occasions when for whatever reason the bags move and prevent cargo doors from opening.....

dc9-32
12th Jun 2015, 07:12
Nets prevent door blockage if correctly used.

Dufo
12th Jun 2015, 07:23
After so many answers the door is still closed and we are waiting for luggage..

backtrack_32
12th Jun 2015, 08:02
It's a matter of opening the door as far as you can by forcing it, and seeing if you can get an arm in to try move some of the bags, or even undo the netting to release the bags. It can take a while but eventually with some gentle persuasion of the door it will free up. If not, call the engineer. I've never had to do that so I'm not sure what they can do different.

dc9-32
12th Jun 2015, 12:01
If everything else fails, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ybkj7oLJU