PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flown the Concorde Simulator ?

stilton
10th Jun 2015, 09:28
Considering doing this for a birthday present for someone.

I believe the sim is at Brooklands, anyone experience this, was it worth the money ?

Exascot
10th Jun 2015, 10:16
Yep, the late Brian Trubshaw was my first officer. I was hot and high on the approach to LHR and took out half of Hounslow and Wembly stadium. I blamed him cos he had a bit more experience with the thing than me.

He very kindly bought lunch after we had climbed out of the wreckage.

mockingjay
10th Jun 2015, 15:06
Never done it but I know a mate who did it a few more thus ago and said it was a,axing. He loved it so much he's booked to go again in a few months!

Muzzey
10th Jun 2015, 18:50
DO IT! My wife gave me a sim session as a birthday gift last year - I can still rave about it now and am sure you will not be disappointed - I elected to do the tricky JFK take off with a the tight left turn just after take off but my pilot had other ideas so, I flew the "Sully" flight (without the water!) and looped around the Statue of Liberty before flying under the Verrazanno bridge, fun over it was back to a challenging approach but smooth landing at La Guardia - be wary, the main gear is a long way below the fight deck during approach and feels as if you are way too high because of the angle of attack (hope I got that right) and in danger of overshooting the runway. It feels totally realistic despite being a fixed sim, all credit to the chaps at Brooklands that restored and maintain the sim.
Did I say it was fun? - better stop now ;-)

Muzzey