PDA

View Full Version : Jet2

Jet2_738
9th Jun 2015, 16:30
Welcome to the new Jet2 dedicated forum. As this is the spotters corner, we have no-one on our backs, so feel free to post WHATEVER you want, whether it be a question you want answers to, just some Jet2 related news, or maybe a recent trip and your opinions! The aim is to keep posting frequent, so literally, do post anything LS related! :ok:

G-JZHD, Boeing 737-800 is certainly a very busy bee. It is operating the LS205 LBA-AMS today.

Meanwhile, G-GDFR has moved back from being based at GLA to MAN, while G-GDFF is up in GLA, operating LS193 service today. :ok:

Mr Angry from Purley
9th Jun 2015, 18:12
Thanks for not a lot. What did you have for tea?? :\

sparkysam
9th Jun 2015, 18:43
Used JET2 for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised after reading the negative posts. Aircraft interiors were very clean and smart considering they are 28 years old. Flights were Manchester Prague and return........Mr Angry go take a cold shower!!!!!! Sam

Jet2_738
9th Jun 2015, 18:49
Used Jet2 for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised after reading the negative posts. Aircraft interiors were very clean and smart considering they are 28 years old. Flights were Manchester Prague and return.......[This made me laugh :)]:Mr Angry go take a cold shower!!!!!! Sam

I too agree! I think that although the aircraft are relatively old, the new interiors with the leather seats are very smart and comfortable. You're always going to get both negative and positive posts, but as with all things in life, you can only try and see for yourself. :ok:

mockingjay
9th Jun 2015, 19:17
I thought the seats were leatherette /pleather and not real leather.

Jet2_738
9th Jun 2015, 20:30
I thought the seats were leatherette/pleather and not real leather.

The seats are made of E-Leather, or leather off-cuts. Acro, the company who design the seats, attains their seat covering from a company called E-Leather in Peterborough. The company takes recycled leather, and turns it into rolls of covering material. The material consists of processed leather fibres, sandwiched into a micro textile layer. The so-called E-Leather is lighter than conventional leather, feels a lot smoother that natural leather, and comes in rolls, whereas natural leather does not. Because it comes in rolls, the material is easier to transport, and also considerably reduces manufacturing waste.

Thanks for mentioning it, I wasn't quite sure about the seat covering myself :ok:

mockingjay
9th Jun 2015, 21:05
I just looked it up too. It's an interesting material by the sounds of it. A lot easier to just wipe clean. Our fabric cover seats have to be covered with a supplementary seat cover for the pad, which looks horrendous. I've never used the LS seats but was under the impression it was just pleather, which doesn't feel great but didn't realise this d-leather seems to be the best of both worlds really.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Jun 2015, 21:36
I've never heard of Jet2!

learjet50
9th Jun 2015, 23:02
Suggest you get back in your Tardis and take another 10 year trip to fantyland

I cannot believe your statement

Think you need more tonic in your drinks in future

In believeable

ATNotts
10th Jun 2015, 07:05
I've never heard of Jet2!

Tongue firmly in cheek, methinks! :D

Hotel Tango
10th Jun 2015, 08:24
:) They were certainly never LHR regulars.

DjerbaDevil
10th Jun 2015, 08:44
Meanwhile, G-GDFR has moved back from GLA to MAN, while G-GDFF is up in GLA, operating LS193 service today.

The above change was effected at Funchal on 8 June. G-GDFF was flown from Manchester to Funchal and then Funchal to Glasgow. G-GDFR was flown Glasgow to Funchal and then Funchal to Manchester. This is done frequently to position aircraft and saves expensive empty legs between bases.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR:
There's plenty of life North of Watford Gap.......

GrahamK
10th Jun 2015, 12:02
They were certainly never LHR regulars.

They were during the BA strikes :ok:

DjerbaDevil
10th Jun 2015, 13:27
Doess anyone have a more up to date distribution of the JET2 owned fleet than the one shown below:

B737-300:
G-CELA C CHECK
G-CELB LBA
G-CELD MAN
G-CELE BFS
G-CELF MAN
G-CELG LBA
G-CELH EMA
G-CELI MAN
G-CELJ BFS
G-CELK MAN
G-CELO EDI
G-CELP LBA
G-CELR MAN
G-CELS LBA
G-CELV ALC
G-CELW BFS
G-CELX EDI
G-CELY EDI
G-CELZ EDI
G-GDFB BFS
G-GDFE NCL
G-GDFG NCL
G-GDFH NCL
G-GDFK EMA
G-GDFL EMA
G-GDFM LBA
G-GDFN BFS
G-GDFO ALC
G-GDFT MAN

B737-800:
G-GDFC GLA
G-GDFD MAN
G-GDFF GLA
G-GDFJ EMA
G-GDFP LBA
G-GDFR MAN
G-GDFS NCL
G-GDFU EMA
G-GDFV LBA
G-GDFW NCL
G-GDFX NCL
G-GDFY GLA
G-GDFZ GLA
G-JZHA GLA
G-JZHB EMA
G-JZHC MAN
G-JZHD LBA

B757-200:
G-LSAA MAN
G-LSAB MAN
G-LSAC LBA
G-LSAD MAN
G-LSAE MAN
G-LSAG LBA
G-LSAH LBA
G-LSAI MAN
G-LSAJ LBA
G-LSAK LBA
G-LSAN MAN

Hotel Tango
10th Jun 2015, 14:18
They were during the BA strikes

True, but I think he'd already retired by then ;)

Honiley
10th Jun 2015, 14:31
Sorry, may have missed this...but who is Jet2?!?

Jet2_738
10th Jun 2015, 19:02
About Us | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/about-us)

About Us | Jet2Holidays (http://www.jet2holidays.com/about-us)

Above you might find just an insight into exactly what Jet2 and Jet2holidays are. In summary, they are a northern based LCC, who stay true to their northern routes. Their HQ is at LBA, and their 7 UK bases include;

Manchester, MAN
Leeds Bradford, LBA
Newcastle, NCL
Edinburgh, EDI
Glasgow, GLA
Belfast International, BFS
East Midlands, EMA

And an additional Spanish base located in Alicante, ALC

They currently have a fleet of 57 aircraft, plus 2 on lease to them this summer. Their fleet consists of 737-300s, 737-800s, and 757-200s. They are 'the north's leading leisure airline', and fly to over 60 Sun, City and Ski destinations. Their destination map can be found here: Destinations | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/destinations). Here, you will find that not only do they fly to the top sun spots throughout Spain and the Algarve, but City destinations such as Krakow, Amsterdam, Paris, Rome and Dusseldorf. Seasonally, using their fleet of 757-200WLs they offer breaks to New York EWR, where you will find that they are considerably cheaper than that of a similar BA economy ticket. For a LCC, the service they provide is excellent, and are very big competition to the traditional TCX and TOM in the north.

Please do look at the two links above. Although you are probably used to the LHR/LGW airlines, I am still very surprised you haven't heard of them. They are the UK's third largest tour operator, and are holding up great competition in the summer and winter to these traditional charter airlines. During the summer, they're very busy with the bucket and spade routes, making big profits and continuing to grow and expand, with Summer 2016 being their biggest expansion EVER. However in winter, as we all know, such airlines often face big losses, due to few flights, leasing and parking costs etc. However, Jet2 own the vast majority of their fleet outright, so that during the winter, these aircraft have no expensive leasing costs. The few leased aircraft that they have are used on the less busy ski routes in the winter, so that they're still earning their keep.

Jet2 have 8 737-300 Quick Change Aircraft, and 1 737-300 Cargo aircraft. These are decent earners for Jet2, as by day they operate passenger flights, and by night, cargo ops. The cargo contract is an airmail contract with Royal Mail. These cargo routes operated during the night and operate the following routes;

EDI - EMA
EMA - EDI
BFS - EMA
EMA - BFS
NCL - EMA
EMA - NCL
EDI - STN
STN - EDI

The bold above highlights the nightly cargo operations to and from London Stansted, STN, and this makes me even more surprised that you haven't even heard of them. If you use FR24, use the filter option, select callsign, and type in EXS. This will show you every aircraft flying under the Jet2 callsign, including the operations into Stansted. :ok:

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ________________________________

In addition to the Sun and City routes, Jet2 today have announced another new route, and this time its a NEW ski route! Have a look at the article here: Vive La Lyon! | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/Vive_La_Lyon!/)

The new flights will operate from MAN, and will operate to the following Schedule: Red = 737-300

Manchester, MAN:

LS945 Lyon LYS, B737-300, (1x Weekly - Sat)

Route Commencing Sat 19 Dec 2015, and will run until the end of the ski season, Sat 9 April 2016. :ok:

Jet2_738
10th Jun 2015, 19:11
The above change was effected at Funchal on 8 June. G-GDFF was flown from Manchester to Funchal and then Funchal to Glasgow. G-GDFR was flown Glasgow to Funchal and then Funchal to Manchester. This is done frequently to position aircraft and saves expensive empty legs between bases.

Sorry, I mis-phrased - my fault. I too saw the FNC aircraft swap. I meant the Manchester based G-GDFF had swapped with the GLA based G-GDFR.

purplehelmet
11th Jun 2015, 16:39
My how the hours must fly by in your house. :ugh::{

Mr Angry from Purley
11th Jun 2015, 18:48
I've had a shower, you need to get a job I thought I was bad.........

Fernanjet
12th Jun 2015, 16:14
I also remember the last time I saw an aircraft swap too!!!!

but unlike you... I really couldn't have cared less as the aircraft were the same, they took off and flew home.

No drama...no story to tell....

when old enough to get a job, get one in the aviation industry, then look back at your posts and you may just want to explode with embarrassment on the spot!

IB4138
12th Jun 2015, 17:26
Is this the Jet2 Source website substitute?

If it is Jet2 Source, it and it's author, should clear off and pay for their own web hosting, then they can post away to their heart's content

Is someone getting paid for it? :suspect:

Jet2_738
12th Jun 2015, 19:09
If it is Jet2 Source, it and it's author, should clear off and pay for their own web hosting, then they can post away to their heart's content

Is someone getting paid for it? :suspect:

If you are referencing me, the 'about' links I gave were solely for informational purposes only. I am certainly not paid to promote anything. This sub-forum is for any relevant news regarding Jet2, their operations, their fleet. I am so surprised that people haven't even heard about Jet2! :ok: As Djerba said;
There's plenty of life North of Watford Gap.......

paully
12th Jun 2015, 20:50

They all know about Jet2, trust me...They were having a laugh at your expense and unfortunately you took the bait..In future I suggest you ignore them..This is the correct forum for your hobby. Best wishes to you

Lord Spandex Masher
12th Jun 2015, 21:55
It's a bit sad from apparently mature men.

Crack on Jet2.

DjerbaDevil
12th Jun 2015, 23:26
They all know about Jet2, trust me...They were having a laugh at your expense and unfortunately you took the bait..

Perhaps you should give JET2_738 the benefit of sufficient intelligence to realise that those posters saying they didn’t know of JET2 are the same ones that have for years denigrated the company bordering on slander and with little else contribution to any other threads. JET2_738’s response was a lesson to us all that the best defence is to pretend ignorance and respond without offence but with tongue in cheek.

Trust me, in your shoes, my next action would be to delete your post and save face.

paully
13th Jun 2015, 08:06
Djerba

You`re not in my shoes and I`m eternally grateful I`m not in yours...now stop being a silly boy and :mad: off

Hotel Tango
13th Jun 2015, 09:50
Whilst Jet2_738's passion for all that is Jet2 is OTT and not everyone's cup-of-tea (including me) I don't know if it's worth getting in such a state about it. We're all free to simply stay away from the thread after all. That's just what I shall be doing from now on.

mockingjay
13th Jun 2015, 12:58
Come on boys, play nicely. Jet2_738 was asked by several to start a new thread separate from the main Jet2 thread. I'll be the first to admit me and he have had our fair share of clashes on here, but he's done what people asked. Leave him be to post what he wants. Nobody is forced to read this so some people should ease off a little.

DjerbaDevil
14th Jun 2015, 23:35
Posted by Paully:
...now stop being a silly boy and :mad: off

If your only recourse is to belittle & insult, then ‘Bon Appetit’ with the hook, line and enormous sinker you swallowed.

Jet2_738
15th Jun 2015, 19:50
https://sites.google.com/site/imageshr2/home/G-LSAD%20unusual%20fp.png

G-LSAD, 757-200 departed MAN at 1848, and operated this rather unusual flight path, as EXS047A. This callsign is often used on rescue flights, but I remain unsure as to where it was headed/why it's heading back to MAN.

Otherwise, earlier today, G-JZHD, 737-800, was drafted in from GLA to EDI, to operate the LS717/8 (EDI-PMI-EDI) service today. She has since been positioned to LBA, where it is understood she'll spend some time operating from there. Not a common sight the Jet2 738 at EDI, not until next year at least :ok:

VC10man
17th Jun 2015, 16:22
I was flying into EMA on a well known Irish airline yesterday and noticed a few of these new, sorry I meant old, Jet2 planes on the tarmac.

I can't help wondering why they don't paint them all in the silver and red colour, it looks much better than the Woolworth look paintwork on the planes with holidays painted on the side.

If the Irish airline, Thomson, BA and easyjet can paint their planes in the same colour, why can't Jet2? Did they run out of paint or had they some left over from another job?

JB007
17th Jun 2015, 17:23
Google Allegiant Air, a U.S. Domestic low cost carrier...look familiar?!

Lord Spandex Masher
17th Jun 2015, 17:36
Not relevant to the question though.

JB007
17th Jun 2015, 20:52
You'd argue with a signpost wouldn't you Spanny!?!

Lord Spandex Masher
17th Jun 2015, 21:16
Only if it was pointless or irrelevant.

But, I'm not arguing just stating a fact. If you know the answer why not give it. If you don't why comment.

mockingjay
17th Jun 2015, 21:28
What is the story behind the Allegiant style paint job. Granted the sunburst is a little different but as a whole it is extremely similar. I used to think they'd just bored some Allegiant 757s when Allegiant were gaining ETOPS and developing their Hawaii programme and limited use for them. But many years on, the Jet2Holidays colourscheme remains. What gives?

The Jet2 c/s is very striking but the Jet2Holidays is bland. And it's time they dropped the '.com'. It's a bit long winded when you're sat in an airport and continually hear 'jet2 dot com and jet2holidays flight LS123 to Palma etc etc'. I hope they're not going to stick 'jet2CityBreaks' in for good measure. It just sounds dated. I know what they're trying to achieve in separating the brands, but Thomson and TCX don't.

Lord Spandex Masher
17th Jun 2015, 21:50
Someone else owns Jet2.

Hotel Tango
17th Jun 2015, 23:48
Both Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays are owned by Dart Group Plc. From what I was told, but with no facts to support the story, is that 2 B757s were leased from Allegiant and the contract stipulated that they remain in their livery. Jet2 management apparently liked the livery and, since the two airlines neither compete nor operate in the same part of the world, they decided to adopt an albeit slightly modified version for some of their other aircraft in the fleet promoting the Jet2 Holidays brand.

ATNotts
18th Jun 2015, 07:16
Both Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays are owned by Dart Group Plc. From what I was told, but with no facts to support the story, is that 2 B757s were leased from Allegiant and the contract stipulated that they remain in their livery. Jet2 management apparently liked the livery and, since the two airlines neither compete nor operate in the same part of the world, they decided to adopt an albeit slightly modified version for some of their other aircraft in the fleet promoting the Jet2 Holidays brand.

Not dis-similar to what Channel Airways did with their livery, from the 1960 / 1970s when they retained the Continental Airlines scheme after purchasing a fleet of Viscount 812s.

Lord Spandex Masher
18th Jun 2015, 09:32
HT, what I should have said was somebody else owns the Jet2 brand, or trademark or whatever you want to call it.

That's why it's called Jet2.com.

Jet2_738
19th Jun 2015, 09:15
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Expand Winter Sun Programme | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_and_Jet2holidays_Expand_Winter_Sun_Programme/)

The additional flights will run between 30th September and 16th November 2015, to ALC and PMI. The venture is part of an expansion for Jet2holidays to two of its most popular destinations. There will be a total of 42 extra flights, providing over 7000 new seats to the Costa Blanca alone. The extra flights to ALC will operate from GLA, LBA, and MAN, an will coincide with the Benidorm Fiesta, between 7-11 November 2015.

The expansion in the programme to PMI from as early as 11th February 2016, will operate from EDI, LBA, and MAN. It is aimed at not only sun-seekers, but cyclists and golfers too. It will be ran through Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks, the city breaks mainly taking place during Feb-May, before the summer holiday rush :ok:

DjerbaDevil
21st Jun 2015, 16:12
Flying programme expansion Summer 2016.

Will the flying programme expansion maintain the fleet additions that have been seen recently?

Looking at the fleet expansion to date, since the 8th of January 2011 until 23rd of April 2015, there have been 26 aircraft additions to the JET2 fleet and only two aircraft have been retired. The yearly average expansion is in the region of 6 aircraft. The B738NG made their first appearance in 1998 and there are a good number available on the second hand market now and many more will become available as time passes and even more so, when the B738MAX becomes available. JET2 shouldn’t find any difficulties in finding suitably priced B738s.

Although JET2 are running a Boeing fleet they do have a mixed fleet, since the aircraft types are different. With this in mind an order for newly manufatured aircraft, as rumoured, would make sense. Their best bet would be, as has been suggested, to go for the Airbus 320NEO and the Airbus 321NEO, particularly if the order comes off the back of the Norwegian order of 100 units placed with Airbus in 2011. The A320NEO can be configured with 189 seats in a one class layout and the A321NEO can be configured with 200 seats on a one class layout. This would marry well with the B738s and the B752s in the present fleet. Also the Airbus aircraft could be delivered as from 2018/19, which is in time to replace some of the much older aircraft that JET2 would need to retire. The question here is whether Norwegian are prepared to hand over the rights of part of their order to JET2 and at the keen price they would have negotiated at the time with Airbus or for what commission could the deal be sealed? It is well known that both Airbus and Boeing will reduce the price list of their aircraft considerably on large orders and if JET2 had the advantage of such prices, they could seek loans for their purchase that would beat any leasing costs. This would help cover the costs of having the aircraft under-utilised in the winter months.

The other possibility of ordering newly manufatured B738MAXs would seem to be out of the question, since the orders are now hovering around the 3,000 mark, which means delivery would be in about 6 years.

Obviously the option that would appear to be on the table, since there has been no announcement of any order of new aircraft from Airbus, is to maintain the acquisition of second hand B738s and slowly replace the B733s and B752s as and when they need to be retired.

Jet2_738
21st Jun 2015, 19:12
...is to maintain the acquisition of second hand B738s and slowly replace the B733s and B752s as and when they need to be retired.

At the moment I believe that this is the route they are most likely to take. Now, more than ever, the 737NG on the second hand market is becoming increasingly cheaper, with the release of the 737MAX. My wonder is whether Jet2 will replace some of the 737-300s with some 737-700s, or whether they'll just stick with the constant addition of the 738. Of course, as we have seen, the size of the 733 is a useful compliment to the bigger 738, especially on the shallower city routes.

Personally, I really don't see Jet2 changing from a Boeing to an Airbus/a mixed Boeing and Airbus fleet. I think that Jet2 will stick with what they know - either continuing to expand with second hand 738s, or potentially place an order for brand new 737NGs (-700s and/or -800s) when the first 737MAXs start to roll out, as the price of new NGs will be significantly cheaper then.

Of course, whilst there is a clear replacement for the ageing 737-300s, this still leaves the replacement of the 737-300QC, and the 757-200.

Though nothing can truly replace the 757, Jet2 are either going to have to down/upsize. To downsize, the most logical solutions lie in either the 738's they have currently, the 737MAX 200s (though unlikely), or the A321. I don't think downsizing would be the best way, but I wouldn't rule it out. To upsize, the most logical solution would be the 767-300. Both the 75 and the 76 began production at the same time, only the 763 is still being produced. The addition of 763s would allow for increased capacity on bucket and spades, as well as an increase on seasonal NY flights. Of course, the addition of larger aircraft could potentially bring substance to scheduled long haul ops, as part of Jet2holidays.

Personally, I think that the 767 would make more sense as opposed to the A330, mainly because;

It would maintain a common type (Boeing)
The 757 and 767 share a common TR, meaning current pilots require less adjustment training, and hence is cheaper
Similar Boeing parts library

Whilst there are a few options for the 757, there are only two options for replacement of the 737-300QC.

If Jet2 were to start to replace some of the older 733's in favour of NGs, Jet2 could have some of the 733s converted into Cargo only like G-CELW. This however, is not a long term solution.

Other than that, the second option is to have some P to F 737NGs. IAI Bedek have launched a program that converts 737-700s (and later -800s) into P to F aircraft. The viability of the Royal Mail contract does come under scrutiny in such case, but for a seasonal airline like Jet2, the Mail flights help tide over some of the less busy winter operations :ok:

DjerbaDevil
24th Jun 2015, 11:38
The present policy of acquiring more and more B738s is undisputable and I spotted that in the last three years they have acquired 6 x 17 year old B733s, which upholds your view that JET2 consider them a useful compliment for city routes and less popular destinations. Perhaps this trend to acquire ‘younger’ B733s to replace the older ones may well continue and could be the solution to the very old QC version. The question is whether the QC B733 is manufactured as such or whether it is a conversion.

The possibility of an early Airbus order, if the conditions are right, with a delivery in about three years’ time should not be discounted. Remember that JET2 has 8 fairly watertight bases and could easily designate any of these bases to be Airbus only, the same as has happened to Glasgow, which is B738 only. The aircraft rarely move between bases and neither do the pilots and other crews, mechanics. So long as the carrying capacities of the different types of aircraft in the fleet are the same/similar, then back up aircraft are always available, which is the most important aspect due to EU261.

The leasing of an A330 for next summer is still being mooted but as you say 2 or 3 B767s to replace the older B757s would be ideal if they finally decide to remain exclusively Boeing and would cover the New York shopping trips and open up other LH possibilities for JET2 Holidays. Time will tell and probably before the end of the year, as Norwegian will need to start distributing their 100 Airbus order between airlines and leasing companies, unless they themselves are going for a mixed fleet.

Not sure if I'm spotting correctly but the new registrations for JET2 aircraft could be interpreted as meaning, Jet 2 Holidays (JZH). There are now four such registrations, JZHA, JZHB, JZHC and JZHD.

Jet2_738
27th Jun 2015, 17:29
the new registrations for JET2 aircraft could be interpreted as meaning, Jet 2 Holidays (JZH).

Good Spot! Would never have thought it, but now you mention it, could not agree more.

____________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Tunisia hotel attack: Jet2 sends three planes to bring up to 1,200 UK passengers home - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tunisia-hotel-attack-jet2-sends-5959331)

With all that has been happening in Tunisia, Jet2 have sent 3 aircraft down to fetch passengers back up from NBE, with a fourth on standby. G-LSAB is en route back to MAN currently as EXS011X, whilst G-LSAK is en route to NBE as EXS014P.

As a result, we have seen various chartered aircraft operating from MAN at the moment:

Yesterday: I-NEOS, B737-800 operated LS953/4 from MAN - PMI.

Today: CS-TFT, B767-300ER is currently en route as LS781/2 from MAN-LPA.

Of course, the priority is to get people back home, and clearly Jet2 have exercised this, irrespective of the costs applicable to them. The 757 has its work cut out at the moment! :ok:

pug
27th Jun 2015, 17:35
The JZH registrations were meant to stand for J2H as you have noticed.. It was intentional.

Jet2_738
28th Jun 2015, 15:39
Tunisia Information (http://www.jet2.com/tunisia-information)

New Tunisia Information Page. The page details that;

A third aircraft is on standby at NBE
Jet2 are carrying passengers home from other tour operators
The CEO and 5 other senoir memebers are in Tunisia now
Two additional aircraft and crew are on standby in the UK currently, if required

Additional aircraft on charter today:

CS-TFT, Boeing 767-300ER operating LS937/8 from MAN-PFO
G-POWK, Airbus A320-232 operated LS801/2 from MAN-VCE, currently en route back to STN.

Good to see that the top dogs have flown down there, and they'll be visiting hotels in affected areas :ok:

Jet2_738
2nd Jul 2015, 20:04
Jet2 aren't having a good day with this summers leased aircraft from both Titan and Privilege.

Titan Airways 757-200 G-ZAPX, is currently operating LS120 IBZ-GLA. It has flown all day today from GLA, and was ferried in last night from BHX. Meanwhile, leased A320 G-POWM has not flown since 30/06. I assume that G-POWM is tech up in GLA. It shows, a relatively new Airbus is rescued by a 15 yr old Boeing. The Good old 757 :ok:

Meanwhile in MAN, PVG 757-200 EC-HDS has been covering leased aircraft EC-ISY's flying duties today, after already being in position at MAN, previously operating flights for MON :ok:

DjerbaDevil
3rd Jul 2015, 21:44
Jet2 aren't having a good day with this summers leased aircraft from both Titan and Privilege.

That makes a change, since many on here are of the opinion that only JET2 have a fleet that is always needing TLC from their engineers.

Tunisia:
Any idea what the decisions might be that need to be taken on the Tunisia programme till the end of the season and for next summer 2016? With the Foreign Office stating, “Further terrorist attacks are likely, including in tourist resorts” The outcome of deliberations by the Tour Operators is unlikely to be favourable to Tunisia.

DjerbaDevil
5th Jul 2015, 20:48
Jet2_738:

This has appeared on PPJN and should bring a smile to your face:

Orders:
confirmed for 2016 6xB738 and a possible acquisition of 10xB737-700 to gradually replace the B733

All the best,

DD

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
6th Jul 2015, 15:26
A 30 year old a/c taking me to Pisa in August

Boeing 737-300 G-CELP

Hope the maintenance guys have been on the ball....:ok:

Jet2_738
7th Jul 2015, 13:32
confirmed for 2016 6xB738 and a possible acquisition of 10xB737-700 to gradually replace the B733

"should bring a smile to your face" - it does! :)

-
The 6x738 was obvious, and Jet2 obviously see this as their way of expansion. After all, the 737NG is an extremely versatile range of aircraft, and aquiring these second hand suits Jet2 down to the ground.

In terms of the possible 10x737-700, I really do think that it is a viable option for Jet2. They are the immediate replacement for the 733 in terms of capacity, but outdo the 733 in every other category.

Jet2's business model means they acquire, and usually buy outright the aircraft second hand. The second hand market is huge for the 738, and is only getting bigger as companies prepare for the upcoming MAX's - this something Jet2 have, and are taking advantage of. So, with a wide range of airlines to acquire the 738's, does anyone have any ideas where they could acquire the 737-700's from? :ok:

gorter
7th Jul 2015, 13:52
You're using ppjn as a source? That same ppjn had jet2 ordering 707's (with garmin gps) at the previous update! It can be edited and updated by anyone with no checking of information.

chuzwuza
7th Jul 2015, 21:13
I heard that its a fleet of Concordes next. They meet the age criterior now.

DjerbaDevil
7th Jul 2015, 21:21
You're using ppjn as a source? That same ppjn had jet2 ordering 707's (with garmin gps) at the previous update! It can be edited and updated by anyone with no checking of information.

Yes, spotted the joker that published the B707 order, which was ignored but of course was useful, as it prompted someone perhaps in the know to publish something that is credible, i.e. an order of 6 x B738s for 2016, which doesn’t differ from JET2’s previous history of additions to their fleet, and a plausible solution for replacement of their older B733s with B737-700NGs.

In the main JET2 forum there was also talk of an AirbusNEO order of new airframes on the back of the Norwegian order placed in 2011, some, me included thought it a reasonable proposition but this new ppjn posting sounds much more believable.

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
8th Jul 2015, 08:45
I heard that its a fleet of Concordes next. They meet the age criterior now.

Pity your IQ doesn't. In all seriousness though, I did chuckle. :ok:

gorter
8th Jul 2015, 09:16
Why would "someone in the know" publish commercially sensitive information on an obscure website that is mainly visited by wannabe pilots, people looking for a new job and spotters. At best it's foolish at worst it could lead them liable to disciplinary action from their managers.

Lord Spandex Masher
8th Jul 2015, 10:11
I suspect "because they can" and "they've got to prove who it was" would be the answers.

Jet2_738
10th Jul 2015, 13:06
This morning, Jet2 have released a statement regarding NBE for Summer 2016 on their website: Jet2 stop selling flights and holidays to Tunisia (http://www.jet2.com/News/Latest_Updates_on_Tunisia/)

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has stopped selling flights and holidays to Tunisia for the remainder of this year and summer 2016. The article states that instead, the airline has added more flights and holidays to their most popular holiday destinations.

With this and next summer no longer on sale, I suspect it'll be a considerable amount of time until (if) we see NBE back on the the Jet2 destination map again. :ok:

DjerbaDevil
11th Jul 2015, 17:33
Jet2 Removes Tunisia S2016

Considering the common border with Lybia and the ongoing crisis there, it was surprising to see JET2, or any other British Tour Operator, programming flights and holidays to Tunisia for 2015. It would have been prudent of the Tunisian Governement to have provided armed security on the beaches particularly after the terrorist attack at the Tunis museum. However being on holiday and sunbathing on the beach while surrounded by armed and uniformed security forces would be anything but reassuring. There again and considering other scenarios, it is easy to imagine an armed security member turning terrorist due to his concealed extremist convictions.

You say JET2 has cancelled all flights to Tunisia but the following flight is scheduled for departure from Manchester to NBE tomorrow morning, which is to be spotted on the Flightradar24 website both at the Manchester airport departures and the Enfidha airport arrivals. Any idea why? Tom and TCX still have flights to NBE, so maybe JET2 are assisting in repatriating other agencies' travellers?

06:45 LS939 Enfidha (NBE) Jet2 738 Scheduled

and another flight from Glasgow:
07:20 LS163 Enfidha (NBE) Jet2 738 Scheduled

IB4138
11th Jul 2015, 18:56
The tour operators have to bring their resort staff back to the UK.

I think you will find the UK outbounds have no passengers.

Jet2_738
12th Jul 2015, 09:45
You say JET2 has cancelled all flights to Tunisia but the following flight is scheduled for departure from Manchester to NBE tomorrow morning, which is to be spotted on the Flightradar24 website both at the Manchester airport departures and the Enfidha airport arrivals. Any idea why?

https://12821401-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/imageshr2/home/LS939.png?attachauth=ANoY7co0x1_IIuFgGRSqBaERVZweOtrA0_rugA6 Y7zWT2xGZwywf9XtImu8Ab3B3Fupx-_imp7Rn_LFcJKoGEzfN2hguVO_RuzNGBcNctxMa6g7wG5D24TZiSTxGCLvGD KP34DSAs_pt4UBjmOIjfUCP-kxQo0jtbAC08Y3BMn6Pfd2wHB-tL-hqrJRIAcpNkngpZua7EuD82gFgwUFrZmBg1a6NvmOHmw%3D%3D&attredirects=0

It must have been a miscommunication, either that, or the airports hadn't updated their departures last night (they have now), as both the LS939 and LS163 didn't depart this morning.

It is a shame to be losing Tunisia, especially with it being such a young Jet2holidays destination. But as you say, the common border with Lybia, and the fact that the FCO have advised against all/all but essential travel to Tunisia until further notice, makes it a vulnerable, and unstable destination in terms of LS H bookings :ok:

DjerbaDevil
12th Jul 2015, 15:59
It must have been a miscommunication, either that, or the airports hadn't updated their departures last night (they have now), as both the LS939 and LS163 didn't depart this morning.

Spot on, as the NBE airport arrivals’ board showed LS939 as cancelled and the LS163 as “scheduled” in italics, which must mean “we’ve given up on this one”. By the way TOM seem to have pulled out and their flights cancelled but there were a number of TCX flights arriving as well as MON flights at NBE this morning. Presumeably coming in empty to repatriate the last of their passengers but seemingly a bit late.

It is a shame to be losing Tunisia

Things are not looking too hopeful for Sharm el Sheikh with the Egyptian army facing strong resistance from terrorist groups in the Sinai Peninsula but JET2 doesn’t have to worry about that one.

The tour operators have to bring their resort staff back to the UK

The ratio of resort staff to passengers/holidaymakers calculated by tour operators used to be at approximately 200 passengers to 1 resort member of staff. The idea that JET2 had sent two B738s to pick up their resort staff in Tunisia with a combined capacity of 378 seats, would have meant that JET2 would have had 75,600 holiday makers approximately in Tunisia if you multiply the possible 378 repatriated resort staff by the average of 200 passengers/holidaymakers to be cared for by each resort staff member.

Anyway thanks for the possible explanation for the two flights that never were.....

IB4138
12th Jul 2015, 17:02
DjerbaDevil

You really are a blinkered Jet2 circus performer!

My explanation was for all UK tour operators. Thomson and Thomas Cook had said the bringing home of staff as well as any clients still in resort was the purpose of this weekends flights.It was right to assume that Jet2 would do the same. easyJet have operated their last flights to Monastir from the UK as empty legs this weekend, just pax on the UK bound legs.

A poor attempt at ridicule was nor required, but should have been expected from you. I don't need you to thank me for putting you straight again.
I really don't need any connection with people of your calibre in my life at the moment. I will not make the mistake and offer any assistance to you again.

A sarcastic reply is NOT required. Keep your fingers OFF the keyboard.

DjerbaDevil
12th Jul 2015, 18:40
My apologies to you, as I meant no sarcasm and my thanks for your response were and are sincere. In any case I did not appreciate you meant to include all the TO's flights and my comments on resort staff numbers was purely an excercise to work out the possible number of passengers/holidaymakers and in no way an attempt to try to ridicule your help.
I hope you can consider the matter closed and that no offence was intended.

David Sharpe
22nd Jul 2015, 11:53
Does anybody have any details of extra flights being operated by Jet 2 to replace the cancelled Enfidha services ?

I think there were only 6 or 7 flights per week in total, I noticed last week that they were operating an additional Sunday service from Manchester to Palma (making it 4 x daily) but was not aware of any others ?

crewmeal
23rd Jul 2015, 06:01
Things are not looking too hopeful for Sharm el Sheikh with the Egyptian army facing strong resistance from terrorist groups in the Sinai Peninsula but JET2 doesn’t have to worry about that one.

DjerbaDevil you really are full of doom and gloom. Do you have inside info from the FCO stating it might be dangerous to travel to that region in Egypt? Next you'll be cancelling Turkish flights and holidays because of the atrocity in Suruc.

ATNotts
23rd Jul 2015, 08:34
DjerbaDevil you really are full of doom and gloom. Do you have inside info from the FCO stating it might be dangerous to travel to that region in Egypt? Next you'll be cancelling Turkish flights and holidays because of the atrocity in Suruc.

The UK FCO (in line with the UK populace in general) are so risk averse these days, that if we're not careful we could well wind up with an ever growing list of "no-go" destinations.

Most European governments see no issues with travelling to Tunisia at present; surely it's better to allow grown ups to make their own grown up decisions, having been given the facts rather than a nanny state making decisions on their behalf?

DjerbaDevil
24th Jul 2015, 17:00
Do you have inside info from the FCO stating it might be dangerous to travel to that region in Egypt? Next you'll be cancelling Turkish flights and holidays because of the atrocity in Suruc.

No, I don’t have any inside information as you would well know. That doesn’t mean that fighting between government forces and terrorist groups are not taking place in the Sinai Peninsula and that the Egyptian forces are struggling to hold back a growing ISIS linked insurgency there. The reports would suggest that only the northern part of the peninsula is affected at the moment and hopefully sufficient reinforcements will be brought to the area to give the government forces the upper hand and resolve the issue well away from the sensitive southern part. The Suruc atrocity is a one off terrorist action from an individual and not ongoing fighting between government forces and terrorist groups in the area. There is a difference in my view.

Most European governments see no issues with travelling to Tunisia at present; surely it's better to allow grown ups to make their own grown up decisions, having been given the facts rather than a nanny state making decisions on their behalf?

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to Tunisia and to a number of areas of the country, they advise against all travel. However, there are flights to Tunis by Tunis Air from London and most European capitals, so that grown ups can make their own grown up decisions and make their own holiday arrangements In Tunisia. No one is saying that it is forbidden to go there, only that it is not recommended.
Tour Operators are responsible for their passengers to an extent that prohibits them to organise holidays to any area/resort or even hotel that may be considered unsafe. Consider for example the tragic death of two children at a hotel in Corfu in 2006 due to monoxide poisoning from a faulty boiler in their room and the extent to which Thomas Cook have been given very bad publicity to this very day over the tragedy. There is no way a British Tour Operator would ever consider flying holiday makers to any area where there is a warning of a risk of possible terrorist actions.

Most European governments see no issues with travelling to Tunisia at present

Could be but there doesn’t seem to be any of the European Tour Operator charter flights operating into Tunisia anymore.....

Jet2_738
11th Aug 2015, 12:49
Seen a few 737-300's in and out of GLA recently, which is rather strange given that they're normally an exclusive 738 base. G-GDFM is en route up there now, inbound from ALC on the LS178. Anyone any ideas as to why a 733 has been drafted in? :ok:

Johnny F@rt Pants
11th Aug 2015, 13:29
I believe that it has to do with the dates of the "big" summer holidays, the Scottish summer holidays finish soon, if not already, whereas the English summer holidays are still ongoing. Therefore more £ can be made by relocating an 800 to an English base, and running a 300 through GLA on routes where yields are less.

Just my opinion, but must have some merit.

DjerbaDevil
11th Aug 2015, 18:25
The change of fleet for GLA would appear to have taken place on 19 July. GLA fleet now stands as 4 x B738; 1 x B733 and the leased A320 for summer 2015.

GLA – MJV isn’t programmed for 2016. MJV has also been dropped from BFS for 2016. Passenger numbers during 2015 must have been disappointing perhaps.

Jet2_738
3rd Sep 2015, 16:27
YES, AND IT'S OFFICIAL! In an annual general meeting today, Phillip Meeson, on behalf of Jet2.com, announces entry into a direct agreement with Boeing for:

.........27 BRAND NEW 737-800NG's

The list price of the massive order stacks up to a staggering $2.6 billion (about £1.7bn), though Jet2 have negotiated 'significant discounts' from the list price. The new aircraft will all feature the new Boeing Sky Interior, and are expected to be delivered between September 2016, and April 2018.

This eradicates any rumours of a looming Airbus order that many have heard rumoured:

Todd Nelp, ​v​ice ​p​resident of European Sales Boeing Commercial Airplanes​ said, “​We are very proud that Jet2.com has again selected Boeing to meet its continuing fleet requirements.’’

This is a massive move for the airline, having never bought into the new aircraft market before. The aircraft are to serve 'fleet replacements', which was of course inevitable, given that some of the 737-300's are nearing 30 year old.

The current G-CEL* fleet consists of 19 aircraft with seating capacity of 148. Simple Calculations would show that;

OLD 19 aircraft x 148Y seats = 2812 seats
NEW 27 aircraft x 189Y seats = 5103 seats

Which equals an increase of +2291 seats.

So the new aircraft would serve as not only fleet replacement, but fleet renewal, and additional capacity. Some of the younger G-CEL*, I would expect to join G-CELW as 737-300SF, or freight only, in order to keep the royal mail contract going. The aircraft are said to be funded by 'internal resources and debt'.

See the articles here:
Annual General Meeting Statement 2015 | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/Annual_General_Meeting_Statement_3rd_September_2015/)
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/jet2-orders-27-737-800s-416346/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-34140835
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/business-news/jet2-signs-boeing-deal-1-7441505
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2015/09/03/56465/jet2+owner+places+2.6+million+aircraft+order.html
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/13643275.Investment_of___1_7_billion_will_deliver_27_new_pla nes/

Jet2_738
6th Sep 2015, 10:31
Jet2 bans 14 passengers FOR LIFE after their 'aggressive and verbally abusive' behaviour on flight from Glasgow to Tenerife forced plane to divert to Portugal | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3224054/Jet2-bans-14-passengers-LIFE-aggressive-verbally-abusive-behaviour-flight-Glasgow-Tenerife-forced-plane-divert-Portugal.html)

Another crackdown on the 'Onboard Together' scheme saw Friday's LS155, G-JZHB divert into Faro from the Atlantic coast. A group of 14 men in total were offloaded from the flight, after being 'very aggressive and verbally abusive' to the cabin crew as well as to other passengers on board the flight. Due to this, and an earlier delay, the flight arrived in TFS 3 hours late, and on its return to GLA, 2.5 hours behind schedule. The 14 men have been given lifetime bans, and I would expect Jet2 to bill them, similar to what they've done recently:

Disruptive Passenger Billed £2.7k for Flight Delay Costs | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/Disruptive_Passenger_Billed_for_Flight_Delay_Costs/)

Jet2_738
13th Sep 2015, 11:51
The Unique Boeing 737-700C Gets Some Love - AirlineReporter : AirlineReporter (http://www.airlinereporter.com/2014/07/the-unique-boeing-737-700c-gets-some-love/)

Just reading a report on the 'unique 737-700C'. Upon reading the first few lines, it says that;

What makes it unique is its ability to convert from passengers to cargo depending on how the airline wants to use it. If you have heavy passenger flow during the summer, but more cargo during the winter, being able to convert between the two is quite helpful.

Heavy Passenger Flow during summer, More Cargo during the Winter. Sound Familiar? It comes as a surprise that Jet2 haven't yet made a move on obtaining aircraft for the Royal Mail runs overnight.

They currently run a mixed Boeing Fleet of 737-300, 737-800, and 757-200;

737-800: 27 New aircraft coming in the next few years.
757-200: Not set to go anywhere yet, but no move made as yet to replace them
737-300: Most reaching retirement age, replacement on the 737-800.

At the moment, Jet2 optimise the smaller 737-300 on thinner routes, meaning they can concentrate the larger aircraft for thicker routes. Maybe an order for 2-4 737-700C's and possibly 5-15 737-700s in the future??? :ok:

mockingjay
13th Sep 2015, 12:15
Just wondering what the policy of Jet2 is. Last night I witnessed (from the aircraft next door) a 757 that almost every passenger row had someone who was fanning themselves due to the cabin temperatures for a good 15 minutes. There was no cross bleed start when they did get going (so the APU was operative) so what gives? Could it be they be letting their passengers sweat it out on the ground during boarding to save a few pennies on APU use? Meanwhile we were nice and cool throughout boarding on our A320 LCC flight. I'm all for saving a few pennies however there must have been families with young children and he elderly and resorting to fanning themselves with safety cards and magazines to very much penny wise pounds foolish.

Chesty Morgan
13th Sep 2015, 12:21
300 or 800?

4Screwaircrew
13th Sep 2015, 16:46
Chesty, a 200 the 757 was mentioned.

JB007
13th Sep 2015, 19:47
Do keep up at the back Spandex!

Chesty Morgan
14th Sep 2015, 02:02
So it was.

JB007, instead of continuing to make yourself look stupid why not contribute something useful to the thread and answer the question?

Jet2_738
18th Sep 2015, 17:02
Jet2 emergency landing: 'We thought it was the end' say passengers on plane seen with flames coming from engine - Manchester Evening News (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jet2-emergency-landing-we-thought-10079831)

Yesterday afternoon, whilst operating service LS804 from Barcelona, Boeing 737-300 G-CELD suffered a bird strike, whilst on approach into Manchester. Engine 1 was the casualty, as it was reportedly 'banging and popping' on its approach over Stockport. It performed a go-around at 1300Z, and passengers were told to 'adopt the brace' position whilst on approach. The plane landed safely and was met on arrival by fire crews.

http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article10080478.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/DSCF2076-1JPG.jpg
Image Courtesy of Manchester Evening News

The crew on board 'were superb' and 'very professional', as the pilot was 'very calm and reassuring'.

If I'm not mistaken, the aircraft, G-CELD, is supposed to be retiring very soon - Is it worth the cost of repair??

http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article10080463.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/plane-picture.jpg
Image Courtesy of Manchester Evening News

Ivan aromer
18th Sep 2015, 19:41
Just wondering what the policy of Jet2 is. Last night I witnessed (from the aircraft next door) a 757 that almost every passenger row had someone who was fanning themselves due to the cabin temperatures for a good 15 minutes. There was no cross bleed start when they did get going (so the APU was operative) so what gives? Could it be they be letting their passengers sweat it out on the ground during boarding to save a few pennies on APU use? Meanwhile we were nice and cool throughout boarding on our A320 LCC flight. I'm all for saving a few pennies however there must have been families with young children and he elderly and resorting to fanning themselves with safety cards and magazines to very much penny wise pounds foolish.

Wondered how long it would take for the APU/packs debate to re-appear.

Jet2_738
20th Sep 2015, 15:02
Seems to be a problem unfolding on the LS943, as it is currently holding at 8,000ft, circling multiple times over Blackburn, just after departure from MAN. Of course the 757 has no fuel dump capabilities, so it is probably to burn fuel before diverting. It has been circling for over an hour now, reason still unknown.

https://sites.google.com/site/imageshr2/home/ls943.PNG
Courtesy of FR24

Jet2_738
4th Oct 2015, 23:02
A Newcastle based aircraft went tech this afternoon - I think it was G-CELA. Whichever a/c it was, it was due to operate the LS583 to ALC. The closest spare was in LBA, and was brought up to operate the sector.

UPDATE: The tech a/c was in fact G-CELA, conducting air tests right now - 15:40UTC 05/10/2015

G-CELI operated LBA-NCL-ALC, arriving in ALC 22:50LT - or 3 hours late

However, to avoid delays on the return sector, ALC airspare G-CELS flew the ALC-NCL sector - arriving 25mins ahead of schedule at 22:15LT.

Made for strange viewing on FR24. Currently, G-CELS is returning to ALC as EXS45A, whilst G-CELI is returning LBA as EXS044A. Looks something like this: :ok:

https://sites.google.com/site/imageshr2/home/LS583.PNG
Image Courtesy of FR24

Jet2_738
11th Oct 2015, 13:25
New York is here! The first Jet2 flight of the Winter left to Newark from GLA this morning. G-LSAB is currently en route, due in at 11:40EDT (15:40UTC).

Does anyone know why GLA-TFS has had two different aircraft operating two different flight numbers today?

LS125 currently operating on G-LSAE, and the normal LS155 operating on G-GDFZ if it helps.

LiamNCL
11th Oct 2015, 14:29
Im guessing extra flights along with Thomas Cook from GLA due to School holidays in Scotland ? Last few days has seen a stream of extra flights head down to the canaries

Jet2_738
12th Oct 2015, 15:20
Im guessing extra flights along with Thomas Cook from GLA due to School holidays in Scotland?

Oh thanks, that does make sense.

G-JZHB has been operating out of EDI over the last few days, after ferrying in from MAN on Thursday. About time we seen a 738 up in EDI before next summer. I'm guessing that its up there to add some extra capacity with the Scottish School Holidays too? :ok:

DjerbaDevil
13th Oct 2015, 22:22
No idea what was happening at EDI but there were 12 JET2 aircraft at GLA last friday to cope with the extra school holiday flights. Normally the fleet at GLA comprise of 5 x B738s.

LBIA
30th Oct 2015, 12:45
I see one of the Boeing 757's has gone tech in New York as the inbound LS088 has a 24 hour delay.

Wonder if they have an engineer out there to fix the bird. Otherwise this could be a costly bringing pax back home..

4Screwaircrew
30th Oct 2015, 14:03
@LBIA when I was at Jet2 engineers accompanied these flights.

Jet2_738
30th Oct 2015, 14:54
G-GDFO and G-GDFY, both operating flights from BFS/GLA to TFS today both diverted into FAO, causing a delay of about 1.5hrs on both sectors. Where as FUE bound G-LSAI made no diversion. Maybe Weather related???

marcus1290
30th Oct 2015, 15:29
They were planned tech stops in Faro due to strong headwinds on the way down. TFS-GLA 3 hours 30 on the way back! Thats about an hour quicker than normal.

Jet2_738
30th Oct 2015, 15:39
TFS-GLA 3 hours 30 on the way back! Thats about an hour quicker than normal.

Wow! Strong tailwinds all the way up then. Its interesting how the NCL, EMA (both operated on the 738) and the MAN and LBA all managed to get there without the planned stop :ok:

retrosgone
30th Oct 2015, 16:51
That would be because Glasgow (738) is further from Tenerife than NCL, MAN, LBA and EMA. Even 20 minutes makes a difference of a ton or so of fuel.

Mr Angry from Purley
30th Oct 2015, 18:31
Once tried NCL-TFS on B737-200. Tech stopped at EMA for fuel, then on arrival TFS told the punters their bags would follow later.
(Was meant to be a 733)
Those were the days :\:\:\:\:\

Jet2_738
30th Oct 2015, 21:48
http://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet_listings/jet2.htm

According to Jethros, and a few other sources, Jet2 have acquired 3 more 737-800(WL)s. The aircraft are showing as 'Due', without any date. Details:

Ex. PH-HZK -> G-JZHE Boeing 737-8K2(WL) Current Age: 15.5 From: Transavia

Ex. PH-HZF -> G-JZHF Boeing 737-8K2(WL) Current Age: 16.5 From: Transavia

Ex. TC-SNL -> G-JZHG Boeing 737-86N(WL) Current Age: 10.0 From: Sun Express [leased from GECAS]

Of course, the 27 brand new aircraft are not due to start arriving until Sep '16. Therefore, I assume these additional aircraft are to help decommission a few more of the older aircraft, and add extra capacity ready for next year :ok:

kcockayne
30th Oct 2015, 22:05
Is that when you started to get angry ?

Johnny F@rt Pants
31st Oct 2015, 10:58
G-GDFO and G-GDFY, both operating flights from BFS/GLA to TFS today both diverted into FAO, causing a delay of about 1.5hrs on both sectors

G-GDFO is a B737-300, which is regularly performance limited out of BFS.

G-GDFY was operating from GLA which as others have said is a little further, however there are many other factors....

Where as FUE bound G-LSAI made no diversion.

G-LSAI is a B757, they have performance to spare.

You are comparing 3 different types of aeroplanes, to 2 different destinations, there is no correlation I'm afraid.

After-though -

Be absolutely sure though, the tech stops for fuel in FAO would not have been done unless absolutely necessary, it costs plenty to do something like this for a start. Better to stop en-route and get to TFS feeling comfortable than finding you are getting into TFS with just enough to find the infamous windshear has sprung up and you are sweating on a divert to LPA where it too is blowing a gale.

Jet2_738
23rd Nov 2015, 09:25
Jet2.com's and Jet2holidays' Winter Warmer | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_coms_and_Jet2holidays_Winter_Warmer/)

Upwards of 750,000 seats will be available during next year's winter programme, marking an uplift in flights of 18%. With the release of next year's flights, Jet2 will operate their biggest ever winter programme to the Canaries, with More than 400,000 seats available. Other hot spots including the Algarve and Malaga are also seeing an increase.

The increase comes just after the first of the new aircraft are due, so I expect that the newest aircraft, should they arrive on time, will be out earning their money over the winter period :ok:

Jet2_738
24th Nov 2015, 22:22
She's worn the rose for a number of years, and now stripped bare, she leaves a cold Yorkshire for the slightly sunnier climb of Gloucestershire :O. G-CELB, or more commonly known, Jet2Yorkshire took to the skies for the final time a week ago today, bound for her final place of rest in the Cotswolds.

https://sites.google.com/site/imageshr2/home/Goodbye%20Jet2Yorkshire.png
(Image Courtesy of mrschaders on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWl-HmLYM_s))

She is the second of the three 'special liveries', leaving just Jet2manchester (recently fitted with winglets) in the fleet. :ok:

DjerbaDevil
18th Dec 2015, 18:47
Thanks for the video!

According to Jethro’s the three B733s have now departed G-CELB, G-CELC and G-CELD. The replacement B738s have yet to arrive.

In the Interim report from the Dart Group it is stated that, “our expanding Leisure Travel business invests in additional aircraft, advertising and people in readiness for the summer 2016 season.” The estimate is a 10% increase in carrying capacity for summer 2016. Considering that the 30 new B738s ordered directly from Boeing are not arriving until September 2016 and after the main part of the summer season has passed, it would be reasonable to expect that additional aircraft will be acquired for Summer 2016 during this winter period. There are about 40 B738s that are described as being “Stored” worldwide, many of which are probably looking for a new home, so that there wouldn’t appear to be any shortage of aircraft and possibly bargains to be had.

JET2 had a fleet of 60 aircraft last summer of which two were wet leased. If the projected 10% increase in carrying capacity is correct and booking indications hold out well, then JET2 will need to acquire 8 B738s to add to their present fleet of 58 aircraft and/or wet lease from other companies, as they did last year.

Jet2_738
5th Jan 2016, 17:37
As you many know, ex. Transaero G-JZHD is currently the youngest a/c in the Jet2 fleet. It is (was) the only G-JZH* a/c not equipped with winglets which made no sense to me. However, an image posted recently on Jetphotos seems to suggest otherwise, despite it not being stated anywhere, even on Jethros! Take a look <insert confused face> :)

https://sites.google.com/site/imageshr2/home/G-JZHD.png

Chesty Morgan
5th Jan 2016, 17:39
Stuck on at LBA in Novemeber. :ok:

Jet2_738
12th Feb 2016, 18:48
Does anyone know why we have D-ASTE, a Germania A321 inbound LBA this evening from DUS?

We also have a neos 738 inbound UK from BLQ as EXS45A? :ok:

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
11th Mar 2016, 13:16
Anyone know if any of the new or newer Boeing fleet will be out of Newcastle around July this year? Booked our second holiday (this time to Crete) with J2 after the success of last years trip to Viareggio with them.

Thanks.

Johnny F@rt Pants
11th Mar 2016, 17:20
Anyone know if any of the new or newer Boeing fleet will be out of Newcastle around July this year?

Won't be the "new" aeroplanes, they don't start arriving until September. As for which of the 800's it might be, that won't be determined until the day before, and even then it can and regularly does change due to operational requirements.

Shows as a 73H on the timetable, an 800 I believe. - It is indeed an 800, the H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, hence 73H.

Richard Le page
11th Mar 2016, 19:49
73H is the aircraft code for a 737-800 with winglets, 738 is without winglets.
Think all Jet2s 737-800s have winglets as the majority of them in airline service do, with the exception of SAS which have a considerable number of -800s without.

Hope that helps
Regards

LiamNCL
12th Mar 2016, 21:19
G-GDFF/FJ only two 738s without winglets

garry8g
21st Apr 2016, 18:14
Another B738 joins the fleet today for the summer, leased from Primera Air (OYPSA) based at Manchester.

Is there still a B738 to come from Air Europa to be based in Glasgow?

No word on when GJZHE, GJZHG & GJZHH will enter service?

DjerbaDevil
21st Apr 2016, 23:04
GJZHE:
According to FR24, GJZHE flew over 2 hours on tests from and to Norwich on 20 April and then was flown from Norwich to Bournemouth on 21 April. It would appear that it is being prepared to enter service fairly soon.

GJZHG and GJZHH:
The only recorded information to be found at present on the above airframes is that they continue to be stored at Budapest. With the summer 2016 season about to start and the recent leasing of a B738 from Primera Air, maybe the arrangement to purchase GJZHG and GJZHH has fallen through. Just my thoughts, no inside information.... GJZHG and GJZHH are owned by an Irish leasing company and were operated by Transaero, the bankrupt Russian airline that has ceased operations during 2 and a half years. Previously they were operated by Air Europa.

garry8g
22nd Apr 2016, 09:33
GJZHG flew Budapest into East Midlands on 11th Feb, and was painted in Jet2 Colours, then flew to Leeds on 25th Feb.

GJZHH flew Budapest into Norwich on 11th Feb.

If they are both in the country, I would imagine that they are due to enter service soon.....especially if one has been painted into Jet2 livery.

DjerbaDevil
22nd Apr 2016, 11:43
Tried all sorts but couldn't find anything on G or H. As you say that both airframes are here in the UK, it shouldn't be long before they join the fleet, as summer flying starts in earnest next month of May.

L1649
22nd Apr 2016, 17:59
JZHG is currently at LBA still with its EI registration.

Otto Throttle
23rd Apr 2016, 10:28
Quick question;

What's the current fleet distribution by base?

Thanks

garry8g
2nd May 2016, 08:39
G-JZHE first commercial flight and in service was Saturday 30th April, flying from Manchester to Malaga at 12:08.

Just G-JZHG & G-JZHH to go now.

DjerbaDevil
3rd May 2016, 12:45
JET2 FLEET DISTRIBUTION:

Individual aircraft can and do move around but more or less here is an attempt at the most likely distribution and obviously is open to corrections.

B733 fleet:
4 at Leeds Bradford
9 at Manchester
4 at Edinburgh
4 at Belfast
3 at Newcastle
2 at East Midlands
G-CELH no data found

B738 fleet:
6 at Glasgow
4 at newcastle
4 at East Midlands
2 at Leeds Bradford
2 at Manchester
1 at Edinburgh
G-JZHG and G-JZHH awaiting to join the fleet

B752 fleet:
6 at Leeds Bradford
3 at Manchester
G-LSAE and G-LSAK no data found

1 TITAN B752 at Leeds Bradford
1 TiTAN Airbus321 at Manchester
1 PRIMERA Scandinava B738 at Manchester

Question for someone who may be in the know, what about the aircraft at the Alicante base, as the list above seems to account for the entire fleet and the extra leased aircraft for the summer?

LiamNCL
3rd May 2016, 15:50
Are we getting a 5th 738 at NCL ?

garry8g
3rd May 2016, 17:49
Is Glasgow not due to get an Air Europa B738 as it's 6th aircraft?

Also, on analysis of Edinburgh destinations(by day & route) and seating charts for flights, it looks like a second B738 will be based there from the end of June 2016. On every day except a Tuesday & a Thursday, there is a requirement for 2 B738 due to flight distances, which a B733W would not manage without a fuel stop.

Otto Throttle
4th May 2016, 06:41
DjerbaDevil,

Thank you.

DjerbaDevil
5th May 2016, 21:39
Otto Throttle:
Curiosity was bugging me too, so a little time with Flightradar24, Jethros, Planespotters and Libhomeradar did the trick. It would be interesting to do the same exercise in June, when the Summer programme is in full swing and it would answer some of the other questions concerning the Air Europa B738 announced for Glasgow plus the Edinburgh and Newcastle fleets.

garry8g
8th May 2016, 09:23
G-JZHG was registered on 6th May, in service this morning on Leeds - Faro LS251.

That only leaves G-JZHH to make an appearance, which I imagine will be quite soon.

Jet2_738
9th May 2016, 16:06
G-JZHH, still under previous reg EI-RUF, today flew as EXS51B from Norwich down to Bournemouth. The aircraft taxied to the Airbourne Colours Hangar, to be repainted and re-reged before entering service, colour scheme unconfirmed as yet - though I imagine the Jet2 red cs, given of the 8 JZH_, we have 4 in the holidays cs, and 3 in the red cs so far :ok:

LBIA
14th May 2016, 10:28
Looks like Titan Airways Airbus A320, G-POWM is on lease to Jet2 operating out of LBA this weekend along side it's summer leased Boeing 752, G-POWH and Airbus A321, G-POWN at MAN.

DjerbaDevil
15th May 2016, 22:08
Looks like Titan Airways Airbus A320, G-POWM is on lease to Jet2 operating out of LBA this weekend along side it's summer leased Boeing 752, G-POWH and Airbus A321, G-POWN at MAN.

The Primera Air Scandinavia needs to be added to the above and they are all short summer lease deals. Short leases that are logical in view of the new B738NGs that begin to arrive in September 2016.

It’s curious that JET2 has moved away from their well established plan of buying or leasing second hand aircraft, when the second hand market in B737NGs is very favourable to them at this time, as there are about 40 second hand B738s worldwide looking for a home. This would indicate that purchases or even leases of these aircraft should be at favourable prices and rates.

Another curiosity is that any new order of aircraft would normaly be served at the end of the delivery queue, meaning that first orders come first, so that JET2’s “new” order shouldn’t be served until all other aircraft previously ordered are delivered. The early delivery of JET2’s order tends to indicate that JET2 have accepted a deal from Boeing to take up the slack on cancelled orders of the B737NG and that there has been a very favourable reduction on the list price of the aircraft. The advantage to Boeing is that they can maintain the production line intact and running without interruption until they are ready to switch over to the production of the B737MAX.

Just imagination, but considering the favourable market in second hand B737NGs, the deal must have been better than the one pulled off by Ryanair years’ ago.

DjerbaDevil
18th May 2016, 10:24
EI-RUF (G-JZHH) flew BOH-NWI this morning dep. 1037H arr 1119H, flight number EXS031E. One step closer to joining the JET2 fleet and a new registration.

HeartyMeatballs
18th May 2016, 14:22
Does anyone know what the plan is for when the new aircraft arrive? I can see any substantial increases in the flying program this winter. I understand that the current fleet are owned and don't cost much to sit around. Obviously with large mortgage payments on new aircraft, just how will they fit in with the current business model?

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th May 2016, 06:50
There is actually a relatively large increase in the number of winter flights in comparison to previous years. The new aircraft will replace some 733's too, so that will take up some slack.

In terms of paying for them, I'm certain that those on a significantly higher pay scale than me will have crunched the numbers and will know exactly what need to be done to make it viable.

DjerbaDevil
21st May 2016, 11:46
Consider that JET2 shares back in 2010 were worth 50p and recently they were valued at 650p. This indicates confidence in the company’s strategies and future profitability by no less than the financial markets.

30 new aircraft to be delivered over two years starting in September 2016 are not really that many. Consider that JET2 are leasing 4 aircraft this summer, which could be replaced by 4 of the new ones. Then JET2 have 18 x B733s that will have reached the ripe old age of 30 in the next 24 months, which could be replaced by the new aircraft, if a 30 year old aircraft is the bench mark for retirement from passenger carrying duties. The foregoing would already account for 22 of the new aircraft order. However JET2 are also leasing 10 x B738s from leasing companies, where the leasing agreements would be expiring during the next 24 months. The leasing companies would be delighted to be renewing these leases with JET2, who would be considered a good and financially reliable customer, but in view of the glut of second hand aircraft in the market, it may well be in the interest of JET2 to offer to purchase these aircaft or source others or replace some or all of them with the new order.

The Glasgow base is relatively easy for assessing the business model and policies being pursued by JET2, as it is medium sized and has a standard B738 fleet. The comparison of flying and fleet utilisation in winter 2016-2017 compared to winter 2014-2015 shows an increase of 300%. The percentage increase between 2015-2016 winter to 2016-2017 winter is over 100%. Summer increases are not that dramatic but nevertheless show healthy progress and what is more important is the better utilisation of the fleet. For example in the summer 2017 programme the only day in the week where there is spare capacity is on Tuesdays, at the moment anyway, where they are only using 5 of the 6 aircraft in the fleet. Shoulder months like April and parts of May and October are also becoming busier. The Glasgow base examples above could be used as the trend within the company, although the actual figures quoted would need to be used with caution for other bases and in any case have not been checked out independently.

It wouldn’t be surprising if the order of 30 new aircraft became 40 or more in the next 12 months or so....and/or other purchases are made like G-JZHG and G-JZHH from the leasing companies, who seem presently to be sitting on too many parked and unfruitful second hand assets.

garry8g
22nd May 2016, 08:31
G-JZHH has now officially joined the fleet, registered on 20th May. Jet2 Costa Brava

LBIA
24th May 2016, 10:07
Air Europa Boeing 737-800, EC-LTM positioned into Leeds yesterday morning from Madrid as AEA270 and has gone stright into the Multiflight hangar been prepared for summer lease to Jet2 based Glasgow

garry8g
25th May 2016, 14:48
Air Europa Boeing 737-800, EC-LTM positioned into Glasgow this morning from Leeds as EXS61, where it will be based for a Jet2 summer lease.

DjerbaDevil
29th Jul 2016, 22:57
Well done JET2:

The world's best (and worst) airlines - according to TripAdvisor (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/best-and-worst-airlines-tripadvisor-rankings/)

Twiglet1
8th Aug 2016, 10:50
Good on Jet2
They have banned alcohol also for flights before 0800 and their handling of drunk pax is gaining momentum.
:O:D:D

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
11th Aug 2016, 13:10
Another brilliant Jet2 experience this year. Aircraft out of NCL 20 mins late due to delays that affected our flight - kept fully informed by the captain and left for Heraklion at 1600 instead of 1530.

Perfect flight down to Heraklion, excellent service.

Flight back again was perfect arriving in NCL ten mins early and the air stewards on board were brilliant again.

Going great guns Jet2.

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Aug 2016, 19:48
I see that the first of the new B737-800s is now parked outside being prepared for it first flight and painting.

Skipness One Echo
31st Aug 2016, 03:25
Hey all, anyone know which B737s are being stood down this winter?

Thanks!

Mooncrest
31st Aug 2016, 06:36
Not certain but I would guess the older 733s in the CEL- register range. They're knocking on a little.

L1649
1st Sep 2016, 19:14
Hey all, anyone know which B737s are being stood down this winter?

Thanks!
G-CELS operates its last schedule this Saturday.

garry8g
8th Sep 2016, 16:02
With Jet2 now opening a ninth UK base, will there also be some more 2nd hand B737-800's joining the fleet?
I know the brand new aircraft start arriving next week, but I would have thought further aircraft acquisitions were required, especially if there is to be 6/7 of the older B733's retiring this winter.

DjerbaDevil
9th Sep 2016, 18:47
The statement was recent but cannot find it and cannot say if it was from PM or SH but they said that JET2 would continue to buy 2nd hand aircraft as and when opportunities arised apart from the deliveries of the new B738 order from Boeing.

My feeling is that the priority should be to reduce the 11 leased aircraft (1xB733 and 10XB738s) before retiring too many owned B733s.

Fishaman
10th Sep 2016, 11:48
B757 G-LSAG obviously had an issue yesterday after T/O from MAN as I saw it circling with gear down before returning to MAN. It has just dep MAN again as EXS051B (test/proving flight?). Does anybody have any further detail to the issue (s)?

Johnny F@rt Pants
10th Sep 2016, 12:58
Does anybody have any further detail to the issue

The right main gear wouldn't retract. So, circle to burn off fuel to below landing weight and return to MAN completed.

Fishaman
11th Sep 2016, 16:37
Thanks JFP

L1649
12th Sep 2016, 19:17
G-JZHJ flying first stage of delivery flight from Boeing Field to Gander on 13/9.

chaps1954
12th Sep 2016, 19:52
Where is it being delivered to, is it LBA or Manchester

Ian

garry8g
12th Sep 2016, 20:15
G-JZHJ arrives into LBA on Thursday, she will be going straight into the Multiflight/Jet2 hangar to have her seats installed.

chaps1954
12th Sep 2016, 21:03
Thanks Garry

DjerbaDevil
30th Sep 2016, 23:51
According to FR24 G-JZHK, the second new B738NG flew from Spokane to Seattle yesterday:
30Sep Spokane(GEG)-Seattle(BFI) (BOE372) 1:10-12:07PM-Landed 1:18 PM

Fishaman
6th Oct 2016, 11:52
I see that this B75 has had two further issues in the past 5 days both resulting in returned to MAN directly after T/O.
Is she getting a bit tired after almost 30 years service, almost 20 of those in China.

L1649
7th Oct 2016, 18:28
G-JZHK is currently en route BFI to EMA with an ETA of 0300 on 8/10.

L1649
27th Oct 2016, 18:23
G-CELZ retirement flight to Kemble tomorrow.

jethro15
29th Dec 2016, 15:30
Anyone able to confirm the reason why G-GDFC has been at Norwich since 30 Nov?

Johnny F@rt Pants
29th Dec 2016, 16:05
Anyone able to confirm the reason why G-GDFC has been at Norwich since 30 Nov

Scheduled maintenance I would imagine.

DjerbaDevil
30th Dec 2016, 16:41
Anyone able to confirm the reason why G-GDFC has been at Norwich since 30 Nov

Scheduled maintenance I would imagine.

Considering G-GDFC is leased from Volito since the 8th of January 2011, is there any possibility that it is being prepared for a return to the lessor? The new aircraft order at “considerable” discounts on the list price could mean that it is cheaper to buy aircraft even on a mortgage than to lease. Even though JET2 have stated that they are in the market to buy second hand B738s, they did specify that they would need to be at the right price.

L1649
30th Dec 2016, 17:08
FC is back in service in EDI on 5/1/17 after C check.

garry8g
5th Jan 2017, 18:25
Is there no news/word of Jet2 buying any second hand B737-800's this year?

I would have thought that with the expansion(an additional 11 aircraft between Birmingham & Stansted alone) and the retirement of quite a few B737-300's(I think 5 so far last year), that an intake of some second hand aircraft was necessary?

I know that there has been 8 new B737-800's delivered, and 4 due shortly, but with 5 300's gone(and possibly more to follow), the numbers don't add up.

garry8g
21st Jan 2017, 18:55
According to Jethro's, Jet2 rumoured to be acquiring at least two secondhand Boeing 738's (GDRTA / GGDFI).