PDA

View Full Version : Safety

The Management
7th Jun 2015, 14:20
FOP Management is usually (in Real airlines) the go between from Non Flying Management and the Flying Operations. If Non Flying Management initiates cost cutting initiatives that affect safety, FOP management should be there to protect the pilots.

No one in "The CPG" FOP management is there to protect the pilots, NO ONE. Most in upper FOP management come up with cost cutting initiatives that affect safety.

As a Meager line pilot, you are truly on your own.

To Our "Non Flying" Bonus,
The Management.

Oasis
7th Jun 2015, 14:51
Depends on the fleet, management.
There are some guys looking out for us.

The Management
7th Jun 2015, 15:06
It's a facade.

To My Bonus,
The Management.

cxorcist
7th Jun 2015, 15:20
Oasis,

Management is correct. Nobody is looking out for line pilots except other line pilots. Hence the reason we may want to support the AOA(s). Any perceived action to suggest otherwise from the CPs or GMs is only done to encourage "direct dealing" and weaken the AOA. The SM example of this is Yammer. The Company would much rather you "Yammer" than be on the AOA forums or PPrune.

SOPS
7th Jun 2015, 15:21
It sounds to me like EK and CX managment are working together.

Shep69
7th Jun 2015, 20:37
I personally do think there are a few good folks looking out for us. Problem is they are easily overruled on a whim without regard toward safety or even the right thing to do. Their hands are tied by others' greed.

Don't yammer in that I don't mince words and they don't change depending on where I am.

Lowkoon
8th Jun 2015, 04:59
Mere mouth music. Who can remember your last safety related procedural change? Now, who can remember 'green procedures', single engine taxi, flap three landings, books no longer available at sign on, oh and shutting down the only training aids left at KA house at a time of unprecedented training, need I go on? All safety related decisions? I thought not.

routetuner
8th Jun 2015, 13:34
so you are from dragonair?
What the **** has it do with you?

Yeager
8th Jun 2015, 14:20
You need protection, from management... What else do you require - breast feeding on the long sectors? :}

Yonosoy Marinero
8th Jun 2015, 14:53
breast feeding on the long sectors?

Is it one of the special meal options? Can I apply for it on Screw Direct? Can I choose the cup size?

Lowkoon
8th Jun 2015, 23:10
Routetuner, the management reference to the "CPG" is your first big clue, but thats all the assistance you are going to get to crack this one wide open sherlock.

The Management
9th Jun 2015, 11:52
Safety Initiatives:

-3 Long haul with minimum recovery time at outport and home

-increasing 2 pilot operation thru WOCL

-Poor rostering system creating acute and long-term fatigue

-Increased low experience recruitment.

-Increased inadequate training

-New Sickness Management Program (Mr. NR initiated this last time just before he constructed the 49'er list).

-Poor consolidation flying for low experienced pilots.

And most think some FOP Managers are trying to protect you. I'm sure they will be the same FOP Managers protecting you while you have an incident or accident while operating in discretion or reduced rest.

All these initiatives are huge cost saving and certainly larger bonuses for the Management involved.

To My Bonus,
The Management.

Lowkoon
10th Jun 2015, 01:49
Oh and to shortly reintroduce an entire 'new' set of SOPs, of course in the interest of safety... :hmm:

Gnadenburg
10th Jun 2015, 13:55
Can't wait. The current SOPS are an airmanship lobotomy fostering an inefficient operation. Not that anyone seems to give a rats a$$.