PDA

View Full Version : PPL FE Authorisation Cost

hobbit1983
7th Jun 2015, 11:47
Esteemed members of PPRUNE;

I've searched for this on here, but no joy. Does anyone know if I'm correct in thinking that the initial authorisation form for PPL Flight Examiner (SRG 1128, the one you send to the CAA to be authorised to do the PPL FE course) does not have an associated charge with it? I.e. doesn't cost anything?

I've looked the PLD Scheme of Charges, but am not 100% I've got it right.

Thanks

Whopity
7th Jun 2015, 16:00
The SRG 1128 is the form you submit to apply for an Examier Certificate. The fee for a FE(PPL) Certificate is given in the Scheme of Charges Table 17 as £334. SRG1134 states that payment form SRG1187 should be used, but this form no longer exists, and was replaced by a form labelled FCS1500 dated Apr 2014. They have to send you this form. The requirement to apply for authorisation to do the FE Course is yet another example of gold plating. As far as I am aware they will not process anything until the fee is paid.

Broadlands
7th Jun 2015, 23:32
Don't forget the assessment of competence fee for charged by the CAA for a staff examiner, in addition to the training course and aircraft hire costs.
It can turn out quite pricey.

MrAverage
8th Jun 2015, 17:55
Because of the new requirement of two mock tests it's now estimated to cost well over £2k................

BEagle
9th Jun 2015, 08:28
Perhaps the CAA should look into things that actually matter, such as the cost of becoming a PPL/FE, rather than pointless nonsense such as the 90-day rule and the ridiculous medical consultation for UK PPL and NPPL only.....

"If you ask all animals in the farmyard whether they support the idea of cancelling Christmas, don't be surprised if the turkeys vote in favour...."

Whopity
9th Jun 2015, 09:20
Perhaps the CAA should look into things that actually matter,If only they knew what mattered! Sadly, they are more like headless chickens than turkeys.

paul m
19th Jun 2015, 19:40
its a bit unfair to say these things,
remember its early days into the GA department review. They are changing or reducing the burden with the easiest ones first.
more to come in the future

Whopity
20th Jun 2015, 18:07
If the review is serious and to be meaningfull they should concentrate on the areas having the major impact upon industry. So far, they have done nothing that has any impact at all. Put simply, the GA promise to date is all wind and water!