PDA

View Full Version : Cairns operator for sale?

iPahlot
5th Jun 2015, 00:20
Just stumbled on this ad (http://www.aviationtrader.com.au/wp-content/post_images/PDFs/0501BA31-1.pdf) and sounds like one of the prominent operators up in the north east. (Won't mention any names)

Are the owners just wanting to retire or has competition started getting a bit tougher up north? Was always one of the premier operators to work for, hope it's not bad news. :(

ChaseIt
5th Jun 2015, 00:27
Hinterland

highflyer40
5th Jun 2015, 04:00
They are owned by a UK travel agent, who also owned Bloomfield lodge, and they have sold that as well.

cabzjet
5th Jun 2015, 05:41
Any info on the effect this is/will have on the flying ops?

Bluecastle
5th Jun 2015, 06:21
Well as MD for Hinterland Aviation I can comment on this one!

Yes it is true that Hinterland Aviation is for sale. Not bad news however just logical timing as our flying operations has expanded resulting in profitable growth.

We have enjoyed considerable success on our new RPT routes and the timing for sale is more a strategic move for the owner.

No changes, OPS are normal.

Pilot58
5th Jun 2015, 10:17
The crews will be getting nervous about their jobs

Jabawocky
5th Jun 2015, 11:20
Why would they?

They are in the private sector so every day is a bonus, being part of a profitable team means less to worry, just do a good job.

:ok:

Boney
5th Jun 2015, 12:03
Crew should not be worried about their jobs.

Aussie $ is down so that means more tourists so the next couple of years should be good times.

Anyone who has checked out their facilities should see that these guys do it properly.

I tried to get a gig there a few times in the late 90's but in their wisdom, they ignored me.

Very good operation in my book.

itsbrokenagain
5th Jun 2015, 15:16
ok whats the price???

Desert Duck
5th Jun 2015, 20:15
If you have to ask the price - you cannot afford it!

Pilot58
5th Jun 2015, 20:59
The new FO I am working along side in the atr's said they have been a bit rocky for a while now regarding not knowing what's going to happen.

gretzky99
9th Jun 2015, 11:18
Pilot58
The crews will be getting nervous about their jobs

The new FO I am working along side in the atr's said they have been a bit rocky for a while now regarding not knowing what's going to happen.

Jesus mate, give it a rest. Your continuous bashing of West Wing/Skytrans/FliteTech/East Air/Torres Strait Air and now Hinterland is getting bloody tiring.

Whatever beef you have with everyone in CS, please do us a favor and let it go...

Capt Fathom
9th Jun 2015, 11:28
My advice is come up with some facts to back your claims, otherwise withdraw.
You sir, are standing on shaky ground 😊

Pilot58...
The quote above from from the mods just recently.
You obviously don't listen!

j3pipercub
9th Jun 2015, 11:42
Alongside in an atr eh?

You must be a credit to either Hevilift or VARA... :rolleyes:

j3

The name is Porter
9th Jun 2015, 14:41
My advice is come up with some facts to back your claims, otherwise withdraw.
You sir, are standing on shaky ground 😊
Pilot58...

The quote above from from the mods just recently.
You obviously don't listen!

mmmm, I have been banned, several times, from several different aliases for far less, why are the posts allowed then?

Two_dogs
9th Jun 2015, 20:13

I didn't know ATR's had a SO as part of the crew.

Ixixly
9th Jun 2015, 20:26
Perhaps he's a Load Controller/Rampie/Office Dweller riding along in the Jumpseat?

Pilot58
9th Jun 2015, 23:29
Seems everyone can't handle the truth these days

Stationair8
10th Jun 2015, 07:32
Since when did Flightsim upgrade to the ATR series of aircraft?

Eddie Dean
10th Jun 2015, 08:07
Maybe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

Look Mum - no hands
10th Jun 2015, 12:34
Its the rules now - cabin crew sit next to the FO when the Captain needs a break. :8