PDA

View Full Version : Dumbsh*t General Blows Security

ORAC
4th Jun 2015, 15:41
Guess they won't get to many more opportunity targets. Someone should take the general to one side, talk in his shell like - then sack him.....

Guido Fawkes: Selfie Destruction (http://order-order.com/2015/06/04/selfie-destruction/)

The US Air Force flattened an ISIS command and control center 22 hours after a dopey jihadi moron took a selfie in front of it. The anecdote was revealed by the spectacularly named head of Air Combat Command, Hawk Carlisle who bragged about his “social media to bombs on target in less than 24 hours” capability.“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command. And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”
Say جبن!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
4th Jun 2015, 15:47
Words fail......
:ugh:

Old-Duffer
4th Jun 2015, 16:03
Social media has a lot to answer for but then what sort of idiot does what the general did.

I feel the adage: 'never miss the opportunity to keep your gob shut' applies here.

Old Duffer

highflyer40
4th Jun 2015, 16:14
Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt? IS is doing a lot of recruitment via social media, so this may be a way to try to get them to distance themselves from social media for fear of this happening again?

Or he may have just made a mess of it.

Davef68
4th Jun 2015, 16:31
Hmmmm,

Presumably now ISIS will be taking photos in front of lots of hospitals, prisons or empty building etc .

ricardian
4th Jun 2015, 16:34
Definitely not the sharpest knife in the box. I suspect some senior COMSEC & SIGINT advisors will be having words with the general & his aides

NutLoose
4th Jun 2015, 16:34
Hmmmm, so if I get a black suit, stand in front of Westminster and profess that it's a ISIS command centre :E

Fancy letting the cat out of the bag. What a muppet.

CoffmanStarter
4th Jun 2015, 16:38
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article8869410.ece/alternates/w620/TonyBlair.jpg

Bu99er ... Missed :E

Onceapilot
4th Jun 2015, 16:46
TBH, alot of int security seems to have gone AWOL these days, and some VSO's have led the way!:mad:

OAP

Fox3WheresMyBanana
4th Jun 2015, 16:51
A jihadi taking a selfie outside 29 Connaught Square would do nicely :E

Pontius Navigator
4th Jun 2015, 17:02
Davef 68, my thoughts exactly, bomb magnets.

Lonewolf_50
4th Jun 2015, 17:29
“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command. And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”
While this is not quite compromising Enigma, the General needs to review what the term OPSEC means. He has been in long enough to know better. Further comments censored.

Haraka
4th Jun 2015, 18:13
" What the General meant to say was......"

'twas ever thus.

jetslut
4th Jun 2015, 18:32
Coff, .....snigger!

Cows getting bigger
4th Jun 2015, 18:45
"Don't tell him, Pike." :ugh:

theonewhoknows
4th Jun 2015, 18:57
Seems a perfectly reasonable response by the general. Deterrence is another tool in the box. Makes them think twice! They don't need anymore reasons or actions by the US, or anyone else, to carry out their doctrine.

drustsonoferp
4th Jun 2015, 19:05
This isn't quite the error it's being made out to be. Isis are reliant on media of all kinds to get their messages out and across to their target audience - they can't just let go of that, or at least any reduction in their various electronic communications will ultimately hamper their recruitment, fundraising and wider information campaign. Making the point, very explicitly, that they can be attacked using their most important crutch is no bad thing.

barnstormer1968
4th Jun 2015, 21:01
Coff.
Was that a 'Middle East peace process' selfie?

Courtney Mil
4th Jun 2015, 21:11
ORAC,

Is this one of the websites you frequent? One where the first comment from one of your fellow site users:

I love it when American and Israeli women soldiers take out one of these cxxxs. Muzees love death but they also believe that to be killed by a woman means they won't get their 72 virgins. I love the idea of these filthy fxxxxxs lying in some sandy sxxthole with their intenstines hanging out and their last moments spent in agony at the insult of having been killed by a woman.

The xxx bits are mine for obvious reasons. Really?

Anyway, does this look like kind of guy that would undermine efforts to combat ISIL?

http://www.aero-news.net/images/content/military/2011/General-Hawk-Carlisle-0911a1.jpg

Ewan Whosearmy
4th Jun 2015, 22:24
His comments were part of a planned event to publicise the good work done against ISIS by analysts based stateside.

I'd wager that the information he revealed was very carefully selected and approved for release prior to him doing so.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
4th Jun 2015, 22:39
Simple question: Are the IS commanders going to stop their "morons" taking selfies outside command centres as a result of this being publicized?
If yes, how does this help the war effort?
If no, please explain why not.

This is a c#ck-up.

Stanwell
5th Jun 2015, 06:00
Agreed, Fox3.

Slight thread-drift:
A bank robber approaches the teller's window.
He pushes a bag across and says "Fill it up - this is a f*ck-up".
The teller stammers "D-D-Don't you mean a stick-up?"
"Nah" says the robber, "It's a f*ck-up - I forgot my gun".

hunterboy
5th Jun 2015, 06:59
Or the dyslexic bank robber who runs into a bank shouting " Ok Motherstickers...this is a f*ck-up!"

staircase
5th Jun 2015, 07:48
I seem to remember a line by the late great Kenneth Williams during a bank raid;

'Hands down this is an upstick!'

ORAC
5th Jun 2015, 07:49
Anyway, does this look like kind of guy that would undermine efforts to combat ISIL?

http://www.aero-news.net/images/content/military/2011/General-Hawk-Carlisle-0911a1.jpg

Does this look like a man who'd blab all his state secrets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petraeus_scandal) to his writer mistress? :hmm::hmm:

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/files/2015/01/hires_petraeus3d.jpg

Wander00
5th Jun 2015, 08:12
Petraeus's patch of medal ribbons reminds me of Maj Bob Pomeroy of the Towers War Studies Team in the 60s - explaining this medal is for chasing girls, this one is for catching them

p.j.m
5th Jun 2015, 08:29
Presumably now ISIS will be taking photos in front of lots of hospitals, prisons or empty building etc .

My first thought was they would take "selfies" in front of the whitehouse :)

Bladdered
5th Jun 2015, 11:12
I do hope that was tongue in cheek Ewan. I also hope the dope that took the selfie was in the command bunker else he will probably be having his head removed by now. Military intelligence.........:mad: