PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood's next movie about "Sully" Sullenberger

Mark in CA
4th Jun 2015, 14:37
Clint Eastwood is tackling another real-life hero: Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger.

The prolific director's next film will be the story of Sullenberger's life and the dramatic tale of how the veteran pilot ditched U.S. Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River in January 2009, saving everyone on board. Eastwood, 85, will make the movie for Warner Bros., his longtime home studio, and is set to start shooting this fall (there's no word yet on who will play the heroic pilot).
Clint Eastwood's Next Movie Revealed: Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger Tale (Exclusive) (http://news.yahoo.com/clint-eastwoods-next-movie-revealed-capt-sully-sullenberger-194047902.html)

JEM60
4th Jun 2015, 21:13
Hmmm. I would have thought that the 'Air Transat' 330 glider into the Azores,gliding many miles, landing on a thin piece of asphalt [rather than a large wide river] would have been a better film. I don't wish to belittle Sullenburger's [and his First Officer Skailes] achievements, but I thought that 'Air Transat' an even more outstanding piece of aviating.!!.