PDA

View Full Version : TVSA/BMSA Bacchus Marsh

UnderneathTheRadar
4th Jun 2015, 01:00
Hearing rumours that the old Tarrago Valley School of Aviation/now Bacchus Marsh School of Aviation will shortly be changing hands and taken over by a PPRuNe identity of some fame (infamy?).

TVSA at Moorabbin taught me to fly and Peter Dow gave me my PPL. I know that the Dow's are, even in aviation, a polarising couple but I always found them good to deal with. Presumably this means retirement for them so I wish them all the best.

The new owners have great plans for the school and the airfield so please support those who are prepared to take a punt and be dynamic in a fairly uncertain industry.

UTR

The name is Porter
4th Jun 2015, 01:13
Peter Dow's made a massive contribution to GA. Proof is in the pudding, ex-students in major airlines around the world. If Dowy is retiring, wish him & Wendy the best. Hopefully he is not lost to GA!

Squawk7700
4th Jun 2015, 03:16
Has this pruner been absent of late and or not in their usual livery?

UnderneathTheRadar
4th Jun 2015, 04:52
That would be telling.....

Jabawocky
4th Jun 2015, 21:54
UTR, funny you should bring this up, I was keeping my :oh: but it sounds like a good thing.

There are a couple of folk involved and two pretty clever folk they are. They have a very wide field of experience, much wider than most training, aero, commercial pilot MECIR (actually done commercial ops), turbine, jump ops, experimentals, there is probably more. And that is just one of them!

I would expect great things to follow. Lets hope the 2015 GFC-downunder does not affect them too much.

Lat3ralus
4th Jun 2015, 23:53
Rumours are a wonderful thing!

iPahlot
4th Jun 2015, 23:54
The guy taking it over doesn't happen to be a certain A380 captain that does "consulting" in GA and has previously run a flight school in to the ground in SE QLD leaving many a trainee pilot in the lurch with $1000's of pre-paid money all but gone?

UnderneathTheRadar
5th Jun 2015, 00:38
The guy taking it over doesn't happen to be a certain A380 captain that does "consulting" in GA and has previously run a flight school in to the ground in SE QLD leaving many a trainee pilot in the lurch with $1000's of pre-paid money all but gone?

No - not even close.

Best Rate
5th Jun 2015, 06:21
Yep,

Watch this space...

YBSS gonna see some exciting times in the next couple of years!

Top stuff to PD for his hard work and great products out there across the industry too! :ok:

BR

uncle8
5th Jun 2015, 07:28
No - not even close.Would hair colour be an identifying factor?

Jabawocky
5th Jun 2015, 11:19
One has very dark hair the other light brown…..and thinning :}

Xray Tango
7th Jun 2015, 07:31
And the last time I saw his plane, it desperately needed paint,,,,,,,,,,,,,

tealady
7th Jan 2017, 13:47
TVSA/BMSA is unfortunately under new management due to family illness Over 70 people turned up to PD's retirement celebration in 2015 at very short notice on Father;s Day