PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Cadet Pilot Next Intake ?

heshcityboy
3rd Jun 2015, 18:53
Hi,
Anyone around here know, when will be the next intake for SIA cadet pilot ?

FurtherMathematics
6th Jun 2015, 14:00
A friend who is a SQ pilot told me the company has a 40% surplus of pilots. The global economy doesn't look like it's going to pick up any time soon, so you probably have to wait a few more years.:cool:

flying.monkeyz
6th Jun 2015, 14:12
2017 at the earliest.

wonderland
7th Jun 2015, 01:06
I wouldn't hold my breath for a career in SQ, too many guys on VPL waiting to go back, plus with the 40% excess, plus rumors are next few intakes are internally from the various departments.

You'll also have to worry about all the unemployed cpl holders from staa, Oxford, messy, sfc, there are enough of these guys to start a stampede everytime scoot or silkair opens a few slots for their second officer program.

flying.monkeyz
7th Jun 2015, 12:53
the unemployed cpl holders from staa, Oxford, messy, sfc... don't necessary make the cut for SQ. I've seen enough of these cpl holders which is evidence of these schools making a quick buck but some of these clowns will never pass the interview.

heshcityboy
8th Jun 2015, 02:06
2017 earliest ? I also heard they are hiring internally.

wonderland
8th Jun 2015, 09:23
I definitely concur with that. In my previous carrier we had some guys from those places who were pretty much only good for bringing the landing gear up and down.

But on the other hand it's a both end of the spectrum thing, some are sh*t but some are decent guys.

mauro delpiero
8th Jun 2015, 17:34
Clowns are better than monkeys after all.

Any of you posters (or posers) on here work in recruitment or conduct assessments?

heshcityboy
26th Jun 2015, 06:21
Pls look at your inbox. thanks

mach92
29th Jun 2015, 00:08
2021 ..............

Singapore787
1st Jul 2015, 08:23
2017 at the earliest.

Actually it has been open for a short time last year but only for internal applicants within SIA. How do I know? I personally saw applicants in the assesment centre in SIA training centre last year. Also 40 percent surplus is total bs.

eerie
5th Jul 2015, 03:09
I agree on the clowns and monkeys. I fly light aircraft, a guy who fly 320 ask if he could fly on one of the lights. He said he's confident to take off and go to training area and back. But he ll need me to land it for him. I thought everyone has many hours on light aircraft before moving to big haulers. Nationality and location I ll not mention.

wonderland
5th Jul 2015, 09:55
To be frank, the techniques needed to land a airliner and a Tampico, diamond or one of the cessna's at seletar flying club are all different.

It's been years since I flown a 152/172/58/L45, and I can safely say I have no confidence heading out to area alpha on my own.

Flying is all about currency. You don't maintain it, you lose it. Your friend is not a bad aviator, he's just not been flying what you been flying.

eerie
5th Jul 2015, 17:08
That explains.. Now I know why they are so scared of stall exercises. Currency.

Stallone
7th Jul 2015, 10:44
different landing techniques

different stall recovery techniques as well

at least your friend is not full of ego and is humble enough to let you land the plane safely :rolleyes::rolleyes: