PDA

View Full Version : R I P Jim Jacobs

Check 'Six'
3rd Jun 2015, 09:42
Rest in peace Jim.
Very sad news indeed.
We have lost a very good man and gentleman here in Emirates.

Deepest condolences to his family.

Praise Jebus
3rd Jun 2015, 09:47
Sad indeed, a tragedy.

Payscale
3rd Jun 2015, 09:51
RIP JJ.
He was only 53.

haveago
3rd Jun 2015, 10:08
A true gentleman! Very sad news.

kumul1
3rd Jun 2015, 10:09
Sad day indeed. A true Gentleman.
RIP JJ.

CAYNINE
3rd Jun 2015, 11:00
Very sad news, glad I had the privilege to know you and the joy to have been your FO in the early days and co-Captain recently, truly a gentleman and a person that will be greatly missed.

L1011
3rd Jun 2015, 11:23
Very sad news. Knew Jim since Falcon days. Have flown together many times and shared many laughs.

Think he was quitting this year. There is a lesson in this for all of us.

El Peligroso
3rd Jun 2015, 11:24
Deepest condolences to his family.

A sad day....

Spoogie
3rd Jun 2015, 11:29
Never flew with him but as a colleague - My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Spoogz

THRCLB
3rd Jun 2015, 12:14
Very sad news indeed , had great times and momeries flying with him..
My condolences to his family ...
RIP J.J

MrMachfivepointfive
3rd Jun 2015, 12:17
RIP - a true gentleman and great colleague.

junglie-driver
3rd Jun 2015, 12:21
Sat with him only the other day in ground school. Enjoyed listening to retirement plans. A true gentleman.

GoreTex
3rd Jun 2015, 12:40
Same here, we talked about retirement not long ago

givemewings
3rd Jun 2015, 12:53
Very sad news. I only had the pleasure of flying with him a few times, but also saw him around HQ and he always had a smile and hello for me. One of the good guys for sure, we knew he had our backs on board.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

ruserious
3rd Jun 2015, 13:01
Jeez, not good, really decent bloke, RIP Jim

yardman
3rd Jun 2015, 13:02
He was definitely one of the good guys.

Hogg
3rd Jun 2015, 13:05
Tragic.
RIP Jim

Rim-job
3rd Jun 2015, 13:29
A definite lesson in this for us all...

These nonstop 90 hour schedules and continuous back and forth adjustment to our body clock most likely contributed. Maybe not, but I'd be willing to guess it did. This lifestyle takes it toll... especially here at EK.

RIP Jim, you were a great guy who will be missed.

SOPS
3rd Jun 2015, 13:59
Very sad news, a lovely guy. I did a RTGS with him just before I left. A true gentleman.

Just remember guys, 90 hours a month, at all times of the day and night, might not be good for us all as we get older.

jack schidt
3rd Jun 2015, 14:50
JJ RIP and deepest condolences to his family and friends.

A true legend. A master of CRM, Courtesy, Respect and Manners. There goes an aviator who anyone would have enjoyed to fly with. Not enough gentlemen around like him and he takes with him a small part of the generation who are pilots that knew how to actually "fly" the plane.

J

duststorm
3rd Jun 2015, 16:41
I had the pleasure and privilege of working with Jim.

Very very Sad !! I'm very sorry.

RIP and deepest condolences to his family and friends.

White Knight
3rd Jun 2015, 18:27
I'm very sorry to hear this sad news!!!

I flew with Jim a few times when I first joined. Indeed a true gent as others have said.

My condolences to his family.

WK

helen-damnation
3rd Jun 2015, 21:28
Never had the pleasure of flying with Jim.

My loss. RIP Sir.

wizard1
3rd Jun 2015, 22:24
I was devastated to hear this news. I flew with Jim many times. He trained me from the beginning. As others have said, a gent and a truly decent man. His passing is a body blow to us all and will surely raise questions in all our minds. He took great stress in his time at Emirates and the company has a debt to pay to a man who gave devoted service. Always moderate, restrained and considerate, and a careful and conciencious pilot. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
God Speed. A truly sad passing.

EK Pilot
3rd Jun 2015, 23:44
Having heard the news via friends still with EK, this news has really shaken me.

My logbook is filled with great memories of trips with Jim. FRA, JNB, SYD, LHR.... They were all looked forward to and subsequently remembered.

My thoughts and condolences to Bodil and Jim's family and friends.

Jim, it was a pleasure to have flown with you also, as both FO and the 'other' Captain.

Geebz
4th Jun 2015, 00:30
I am sorry for your loss.

This reminds us all how short life indeed truly is. My father died in my arms when I was 19. He was 54. I walked away from that moment a broken young man but it taught me that life is too short to spend working 5=6 days a week.

I live a very stress free life now and have experienced more than my fare share of dreams. That only happened because I watched my father pass w/o having accomplished most of his. He was waiting for retirement.

Live for the now. You can't take it with you.

Dirigible
4th Jun 2015, 04:11
Seriously assessing my early retirement plans after this shocking news. Younger than I am.

Never had the privilege to fly with Jim but had a few shared ground school duties over the years. Condolences to Bodil, family & friends.

RIP, Capt Jim.

Three Wire
4th Jun 2015, 05:04
I will miss my friend of long standing.

And sad that he cannot fullfill the plans he discussed such a short time go.

Captain, may you have fair winds always, smooth landings forever, and eternal light.

Three Wire

Hook
4th Jun 2015, 05:48
Very, very sad. Really great guy, on the flight deck and off it. RIP Jim!

Jefferson Airplane
4th Jun 2015, 06:21
This news is beyond tragic. I am shocked.

The words of condolence expressed here show the respect we all had for Jim - as a man and as an aviator.

I too, had the pleasure of flying with him in my early A330 days and every trip was a privilege.

You will be missed Jim, but never forgotten.

My deepest sympathies to his wife and family.

uba737
4th Jun 2015, 07:10
Never had the pleasure of flying with Jim but by all accounts he was a true GENT. RIP! The deepest condolences from my family to his.

VLS with ice
4th Jun 2015, 09:37
Blue skies and god's speed, Jim!

captainsmiffy
4th Jun 2015, 11:14
Happy flying, Jim.

We flew together on a couple of occasions, once on the 330, when I was new to the company and then, latterly on the 380. Lovely bloke, we had a great indian nightstop where he was so enthralled by my magic over a few beers that he made a point the next day, of telling the rest of the crew who hadnt made it down to the bar what a wonderful night it had been and how they had missed something special.....

Very laid back, though thoroughly professional, in the air. Good guy to fly with. He will be missed.

Straight & Level
4th Jun 2015, 13:18
What to say that hasn't been said. A Gentleman Pilot, mentor, friend. A loss to all. RIP Jim, I'll miss you.

If you have the time, please write your memories of Jim in the condolences book at the FDMs office. It'll be nice for those of his family who don't read pprune to know that he was one of the good guys. Thanks.

givemewings
5th Jun 2015, 15:34
Does anyone know if we can get in to sign the book without being on duty? I'm afraid I wouldn't do justice to it in the usual pre-flight rush that it is these days... although I'm tempted to just take as long as it needs and explain why when I'm late....

I also know a few no longer in the company who would like to send messages, not sure if it is appropriate/ok to print them and put them in the book as well? Or better to forward them directly?

I hate those books, it means someone else we know gone too soon :(

White Sausage
5th Jun 2015, 17:25
I too had the privilege of flying with Jim a few times, every time it was a pleasure. A true gentleman, a great pilot, a very nice and genuine guy. I will miss him like many people here. He will be missed but never forgotten.
My deepest condolences to his family. Jim, I salute you :D

The Real Pink Baron
6th Jun 2015, 02:19
My wife and I had lunch with Jim in Perth a couple of weeks ago. He told us he was exhausted and definitely leaving before the end of the year. He said he would get a quiet job in Denmark cutting grass or something. He was looking forward to living in his new home, with his lovely wife Bodil. I spoke to her last night. We joined at the same time on the Falcon. Sorry can't write any more.
R.I.P. JIM Alex.

Inspector Clueless
6th Jun 2015, 09:46
Stunned at this news, I flew with Jim at EK when I was there as FO on310/300 and later as co capt on 340. A willing smile and relaxed approach. Such a shock, this news has been the decider for me we were the same age ,I'm getting out for sure. 900 h a year simply isn't good.
Shocking news, only 53 and now all that he planned for is gone. My thoughts with his family . A true gentleman, it's shaken me that this has happened to such a cracking guy.

Heritage 1
9th Jun 2015, 13:27
RIP Jim, you are missed!

skysx33
9th Jun 2015, 18:11
EMIRATES has the best package ...no doubt !
This is the visible part of iceberg !
R.I.P.

harry the cod
9th Jun 2015, 18:29
Never flew together but spent 15 minutes chatting over a coffee several years ago. Left a lasting impression as a genuine, kind and polite man. I'm sure he had many other great qualities too. Very sad news, my thoughts and condolences to his family and to those that knew him well.

Harry

777boyo
9th Jun 2015, 20:19
Flew with Jim many times on the 310/300 as a brand new F/O in EK many years ago. A better guy to work with one couldn't have wished for. Very sad news. RIP Jim, sincere condolences to Bodil.

7B

Tourag
9th Jun 2015, 22:58
Just wanted to add my thoughts what an absolute shock my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
I am just so great full I made the choice to leave the madness late last year to as someone said live for today and extend my life.
RIP Jim a fantastic guy and true gentleman, I am very sad
Tourag

Talparc
24th Mar 2016, 14:13
Does anyone here on the forum know how to get in touch with Bodil?

PM please!

Thanks