View Full Version : Airtours cadet programme

digga
13th Jun 2001, 16:23
Hi,

I'm new to the site (and a fairly new wannabe - started flying only a couple of months ago but hooked!) - just wondered if anyone had applied for the Airtours sponsorship?
I contacted them for information but all I got was a letter saying look for the ad in Flight International.
Does anyone know when this ad will appear, or has it been and gone?

Cheers
digga

bow5
13th Jun 2001, 16:30
That's the response of most of the airlines. I think(!) they are going to advertise sponsorships in the next couple of months so keep an I out. I've been keeping a regular check on airline websites as well, as they also normally advertise them on there.

Token Bird
13th Jun 2001, 17:14
Last year the Airtours sponsorship ad appeared at the beginning of September. A lot of others popped up round about the same time eg. BMI, Air 2000 and British European,

TB

digga
13th Jun 2001, 17:25
Is Flight International the only mag worth looking at sponsorship wise?
What about Today's Pilot/Flyer etc?

digga

bow5
13th Jun 2001, 17:58
I just go into WHSmith and flick through the magazines to check if anything is advertised. If there was then I would buy it but i'll be damned if i'm buying Flight International on the off chance there may be a sponsorship advert in there!! ;) I'm already subscribed to Today's Pilot - if you bought all these magazines each week/month it could end up costing you the price of an ATPL. :rolleyes:

NewBloke
13th Jun 2001, 20:17
I'm almost positive that the Oxford/Cabair/Flight-International websites all detail latest sponsorship schemes. That way work pays for it....

(Actually, I think Airtours go through BAe Systems... not too sure here !?!)
------------------
"Everything in moderation, including moderation..."

[This message has been edited by NewBloke (edited 13 June 2001).]

Autofly
13th Jun 2001, 21:05
Airtours do use BAe in Jerez as their training base. Last year thay advertised in August/September in the back of Flight International with the first round of apptitudes around October/November time. They use the GAPAN tests as part of the selection so those applying should read the latests thread.

Good luck all

Autofly