PDA

View Full Version : Easa form 1 after faa 8130 without dual release

Ssierra
2nd Jun 2015, 17:55
Hi everyone,

I i troduce myself because it is the first time i write in this forum. I work for a little CAMO, taking care of 3 aircrafts.

Reviweing some possible cases about faa 8130-3 forms, I imagined the following case:

Part EASA 145 receives a component overhauled from FAA certificated Repair Station from USA with form 8130-3 but without dual release. The EASA part 145 inspect and test the component according with his capability and issues a FORM-1 attached to the FAA 8130-3.

This procedure is correct?

Thank you in advance!

plhought
3rd Jun 2015, 22:24
I don't think you even need the 8130. If you have a Form 1 from the EASA shop with inspected/tested then that's all you need.

The shop should hang onto the 8130. Granted, it never hurts to have a copy of the 8130/origin of something for your own records.

This is at least how it would work in Canada. Were allowed to take 8130s at 'face value' per sae though so we rarely send stuff out for a Form 1 if it came from the States.

ukv1145
4th Jun 2015, 00:40
If the component is NEW the 8130 is acceptable and can be used as evidence of release. (Bilateral agreement between EASA/ FAA)
If the component has been, repaired, inspected or overhualed the 8130 is not acceptable and you cannot simply issue an EASA Form 1 to cover the component unless you have the particular component on your capability list (which if you did it wouldnt have been sent awayfor repair).