PDA

View Full Version : Government Flying Service (HKGFS) Cadet Pilot

hkfemalepilot
2nd Jun 2015, 13:45
Hello all.
Anyone here applied for the GFS Cadet Pilot earlier this year?
It's deadline was 6 Mar 2015. I am wondering anyone here is waiting like me. 3 months down, still got no news from them (or if anyone got some insider news about their recruitment schedule this year ?)
Many thanks!!:rolleyes:

QNH1000
15th Jun 2015, 07:37
neither here.. i think they postponed the interview process..:zzz:

ryany
22nd Jul 2015, 22:57
Did anyone get anything in the mail? I applied months ago, but I'm not sure if they mail anything overseas.

hkfemalepilot
23rd Jul 2015, 01:32
The invitation to first stage was sent by mail. And its over already. I am not sure if they are sending mail to overseas as well. Good luck !

B_HRS
7th Aug 2015, 03:12
May I know what will the Stage 2 technical questions cover? Any Maths or physics questions or sth similar to CX JKI?

RS

greatal
20th Aug 2015, 15:58
Hi there,

Do everyone possibly know if the GFS cadet pilot program accepts candidate that does not pass HK medical class 1? I have a lazy eye (uncorrected) so I am curious if they let candidates that require additional medical flight test to get HK Class 1 medical for training or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Elven
21st Aug 2015, 00:45
I would like to know what included in the written test also! B_HRS are you going to take the test tomorrow in Tuen Mun? I heard that it is about some physcis and IQ question..but not quite sure what actually it is.

Elven
21st Aug 2015, 00:47
greatal I think GFS needs class 1 medical for the license. Did you try the medical check before?

yanagita44
21st Aug 2015, 07:41
Hello guys!
I'm taking the written test tmr as well!

Shushuyin
21st Aug 2015, 09:48
Hellooo
Same here. Gonna see you guys in Tuen Mun tmr.
Good lucky guys!!!

greatal
21st Aug 2015, 14:04
Hi Elven,

I checked recently that my AME said if i were to hand in the results, it is likely to be rejected for HKCAD class 1 medical. That's why i wonder if the cadet program is okay with taking substandard candidate in medical standards.

Do you possibly meet any GFS pilots that are substandard candidate or monocular candidates?

greatal
22nd Aug 2015, 06:39
Hi Elven,

I checked my condition with an AME and was told by him that my right eye is likely not going to pass Class 1.

So the important question is that if GFS will be fine accepting a substandard candidate (those who can pass class 1 only after the medical flight test). I am really curious if this works on GFS or not.

Cheers.

Cabe LeCutter
3rd Sep 2015, 01:31
greatal,
The GFS requirement is more stringent than a Class 1 medical. To be fair, when there are so candidates many with the required standard, they have no need to accept those who don't.
I hope that you are able to find a fulfilling alternative.

Elven
5th Sep 2015, 17:25
If you can't get a class 1, I guess so you shouldn't been accept for the GFS or even CX or dragon. If you really curious why don't you ask GFS directly? Maybe it is another way out, rather than just guessing here. Or maybe you can seek more advice from different AME to get the medical done?

Shushuyin
8th Sep 2015, 06:58
Hello mates
Have you guys recevied any invitation for entering stage 3? Im feeling nervous as Im still waiting...

Elven
16th Sep 2015, 08:25
I am also waiting for the result…btw, i remember in the first mail we received it stated the next round should be on oct, so maybe we have to wait til late sep or early oct?

hkfemalepilot
22nd Sep 2015, 02:39
Just got an email.....

Elven
26th Sep 2015, 16:38
When will be your aptitude test date?

Elven
22nd Oct 2015, 05:11
Anyone here got an email for leadership assessment?

yanagita44
22nd Oct 2015, 07:08
I'm going to have my leadership assessment on 6 Nov.
Elven, are you in?

Pilot_wannabe09
23rd Oct 2015, 06:12
I got the invitation as well

Elven
23rd Oct 2015, 12:31
I have mine one on 4/11. Anyone on the same day?? I am trying to find anyone on the same date as me

JHinS
23rd Oct 2015, 15:46
:D Congrats guys, is there anyone hving the test on 5/11?

Andy Brandt
15th Jul 2017, 16:56
Hi All,

Anyone got any advice to prepare for the first round of written assessment (Matrix, Technical Assessment and Basic Law Test )
Would be most grateful for any suggestions,

Anjila
28th Oct 2020, 05:55
Hello all.
Anyone here applied for the GFS Cadet Pilot earlier this year?
It's deadline was 6 Mar 2015. I am wondering anyone here is waiting like me. 3 months down, still got no news from them (or if anyone got some insider news about their recruitment schedule this year ?)
Many thanks!!:rolleyes:

Hi who gave the GFS written exam? Please tell me about the content because i have exam this November .

joblessPilot
29th Oct 2020, 02:58
Hey, I also got the invite for next month. Is your's on a Saturday as well? I'm waiting for the 30th for more intel from GFS.