PDA

View Full Version : Vacancy for Assistant Tech Pilot A380

33R
2nd Jun 2015, 11:03
I do not understand why they still continue to email the FCN's for the vacancies to non UAE pilots since the company continues this "great" policy.shortly becoming Gulf Air.maybe they like to p*ss all of us off every day more and more.

fatbus
2nd Jun 2015, 11:50
Rapidly becoming Gulf Air 2

33R
2nd Jun 2015, 12:16
hairpin,

even if you and many others are not interested to apply for this position for your own personal reasons, many others would be interested to apply, and also it is not about becoming tech pilot, but being able to apply for any position opening in a non discriminatory basis.

jack schidt
2nd Jun 2015, 12:48
It is to be seen to be fair and competitive to advertise for the position before they state who the post holder is, that person was already the preselected/chosen person I am sure. No matter how well you might want to progress in a career in the ME, going higher than just driving the aircraft is almost a waste of time these days as those positions are slowly being fully filled by the "better" pilots/managers.

I personally am glad to see that more locals are getting into positions of responsibility so that should things go wrong in the future, it is they who will be responsible for the failures and not others, did someone mention GAir?

Go to work, go home and take the cash. Don't fret over things that will get you wound up. There really is nothing you can do about it so the best policy does seem to be to do the minimum required for reward as that is the way it is done out here.

J

The Outlaw
2nd Jun 2015, 13:56
Finally...someone who understands!

However, I'm sure there will always be some "token" who will take the blame if the unspeakable happens...perhaps it will be EGT.

Now that would be something to see!

SOPS
2nd Jun 2015, 14:03
EGT, due to his self belief of his total supiourotity, may not realise what he is being set up for.

The Outlaw
2nd Jun 2015, 14:18
Ya!

Vell zo vas se meintality of a zertain kountrie in za 1940's

und ve zee ho zat vorked owt!

The Outlaw
3rd Jun 2015, 06:54
It's blatant discrimination and something I'm sure someone will use against the company when the time is right.

Its been said before and its just a question of time...GF all over again. One only needs to see the political unrest in the region to wonder when something unspeakable happens but thats another concern. Perhaps they'll run out of airspace to fly in before that happens.

Let them have the positions, I wouldn't want to be a gym matt for the fcuk ups of others...have some respect for yourself! Let them fight it out.

In the meantime do your job with minimal effort/interest, read only FCI/FCN, sleep as much as you can at work. Then set yourself up so that you can be gone in 30 days or less.

Outatowner
3rd Jun 2015, 09:23
One of the former FM(B)s has put himself in a prime position to be a fallguy for the inevitable calamity. Knuckleheadedness and the glass ceiling keep him just where they want him. I think he's still just short of a veep title and all the accompanying perks too, oh the unfairness of it all.