PDA

View Full Version : Tools Down. Time to strike.

FreemaninHK
1st Jun 2015, 06:33
Full Stop.

Pay, RP's, 3man

The abuse will not end.

Why would it? Why would they stop hurting us if we don't act.

Tools down AOA.

No whinging, no fear.

FAU proved it possible.

Time for media action, physical action and threats to THEM.

Yes some of us will get the sack.. but thats the price to pay.

I said will, not may. Some WILL be fired.

Move on.. there are a lot of jobs out there and if we're to prevent ours from becoming the worst, the time to act is now.

From a distance
1st Jun 2015, 09:44
Pretty strong call to arms there FreemaninHK,
The reality is none of us are as free as we think. I have taken strike action before at the request of my union and yes I got the sack. That set my career back decades.
Some of us will be sacked you say. Are you prepared to be amongst them. In my experience the quiet resolved guys will get the sack or not return whilst the table thumpers will be the first to return to the company's bosom.
This time around if the call to strike is issued by my union I will respectfully consider all the circumstances but I will make up my own mind. You see I am a free man in HKG as well.

Brown Nose
1st Jun 2015, 09:52
Freemaninhk

I await your motion to be put forward to the union for us to vote on

ACMS
1st Jun 2015, 11:00
Now worries mate, you first I promise to follow.:ok:

MTBUR
1st Jun 2015, 11:32
Totally agree with the table thumpers comment. The union reps/whatever who finish ever sentence with "and that's why we need industrial action" are the same ones who all of a sudden have management business cards at their airline.

DropKnee
1st Jun 2015, 12:36
Well what the hell should we do than? Take it? Do nothing and continue to watch our lives detoriate? I have seen very successful strikes. Anyone fired?W e stay on the line. No person left behind. The AOA is negotiating for things that 1st world airlines settled decades ago. If they can't make money competing on a level field. Than it's just a slow death. I ask what do you pacifist want to do? Please submit your suggestions.

Shep69
1st Jun 2015, 13:04
We don't have to lay our tools down for weeks on end. Contract Compliance is the long term burn which folks will stay in and is cumulative. We can pick times and places of our choosing to lay tools down for a while (in an unpredictable but well thought out way) and then pick them up again.

Along with a decent PR campaign highlighting exactly what has been going on and the very real dangers incoherent rostering and increased fatigue have on safety so the flying public knows we are acting in their (as well as our) best interests in terms of safety and even product quality. Oh, and having rosters which change hourly and bear no resemblance to what is published ALSO increases stress in pilots who cannot plan any facet of their lives. Stressed pilots are ALSO something that should be worrysome to anyone on any aircraft.

This will also prevent any meaningful strategy for bringing in other toolworkers to cover. And will be a combat multiplier for CC.

Trafalgar
1st Jun 2015, 13:44
Reading the majority of these comments only confirms in my mind how weak most of our group is. A simple and effective tactic is a stated resolve that NO member shall go back to work until EVERY member fired has been reinstated. The company cannot operate with all of us out, and all of us will stay out until every member is back at work. Would take less than a week to accomplish. I find it sad and depressing that many of you are so quick to demonstrate weakness and defeat on a public forum like this, without recognising that we have reached a juncture where there really is no choice BUT to act against the company. Grow a pair guys, as the time to act is upon us, whether you are comfortable with that fact or not. Remember: No Member Left Behind. That removes the power of the company in a stroke. We should have done it with the 49er's, and we MUST do it now.

Lowkoon
1st Jun 2015, 14:17
The 89ers estimated about a week as well. Plenty of them up here, bounce it off them, we could learn plenty from them. Where would the scabs come from you ask? Malaysian just went bankrupt, plenty of Boeing and airbus experience to draw from there. Spineless CAD would be stamping licences as they got of the plane to come and take your job. Middle East, HK Express/airlines, why not? Better than whet they are getting now. The sims would run hot and previous failures would be overlooked for the 'greater good of the travelling public.'

Ramping up CC is smarter and safer.

Cabin crew can go and live with mum, how long could you live in hk without an income? CX know that. Do it smarter.

DropKnee
1st Jun 2015, 14:19
Reading the majority of these comments only confirms in my mind how weak most of our group is. A simple and effective tactic is a stated resolve that NO member shall go back to work until EVERY member fired has been reinstated. The company cannot operate with all of us out, and all of us will stay out until every member is back at work. Would take less than a week to accomplish. I find it sad and depressing that many of you are so quick to demonstrate weakness and defeat on a public forum like this, without recognising that we have reached a juncture where there really is no choice BUT to act against the company. Grow a pair guys, as the time to act is upon us, whether you are comfortable with that fact or not. Remember: No Member Left Behind. That removes the power of the company in a stroke. We should have done it with the 49er's, and we MUST do it now.
What do you expect from Brits, Canadians and Aussies?
If the yanks don't leed them, they stop for tea and get mad when the enemy attacks. 😎

Anotherday
1st Jun 2015, 16:26
Freemaninhk

You remember we work at an airline where people call up while on leave to ask the company if they can help out and then come to work on their L days........

DropKnee
2nd Jun 2015, 02:44
It's a nice thought and all, but with 50% or so of the pilots based and unwilling to risk the closure of their base, and 25% or so of the pilots tied to their gigantic mortgages with the golden handcuffs, that makes 75% with too much to lose - unlike the 25% or so of HKPA pilots and most of the cabin crew.

AF and LH can certainly employ strike tactics effectively, to speed things along, but I think it's pretty clear to everyone that the long, slow path of contract compliance is as good as it gets.

Luckily, it does work, eventually.

It would work a lot better and faster if everyone would just stick to the script and stop undermining themselves....:ugh:

You clearly underestimate the based guys. With friends like you. No wonder the CX pilots loose. What a shameful lot.

giggerty
2nd Jun 2015, 11:36
"Lose". :ugh:

iceman50
2nd Jun 2015, 11:42
"lead":rolleyes: