PDA

View Full Version : Flying Monarch - various questions

SeLFish_Flyer
29th May 2015, 17:43
Hello all.

Reaching out to this wonderful forum......

Am flying Monarch in August to Sharm from LGW. Looks like an A321 (Flight ZB/MON54)

So

Is there IFE?
If so, is it in seat back or central screens?
How can I find out what is on?
Is there power to the seats, if there is no decent IFE I can take my car DVD players but they require a power source.

Thank you all in advance.

Dash8driver1312
29th May 2015, 18:28
Have you tried contacting Monarch themselves for these answers? Most airlines have some kind of customer service contact on their website...

G-ARZG
29th May 2015, 19:07
That's right. Website details their 'M player'.

Also says no inseat power...

Have you tried contacting Monarch themselves for these answers? Most airlines have some kind of customer service contact on their website...

spiney
30th May 2015, 12:46
I've not seen seatback chargers on any Monarch flight I've been on and the IFE has always been on dropdown screens. Doesn't mean it's working of course - or anything on it actually worth watching... This of course is the reason why the Kindle was invented.

India Four Two
31st May 2015, 02:47
This site is often useful:

Airline Seat Maps, Flights shopping and Flight information- Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru (http://seatguru.com)

PilotsOfTheCaribbean
31st May 2015, 09:08
There is a service called MPlayer the details of which can be found here! (http://www.monarch.co.uk/offers/flights/m-player)

Currently (from August) it will be fitted to 6 aircraft. It also requires that you download a free app' before you board the flight.

Otherwise you would need to take your tablet or smartphone with you loaded up for whatever entertainment you require. There is no power facility available on board, so you would also need to ensure the device was fully charged to your requirements.

Some of the aircraft are now fitted with the new lightweight seats which have a tablet/iPad holder incorporated into the preceding seat back.

The flight time from LGW-SSH is usually in the order of 4:45 out and around 5:30 back.

SeLFish_Flyer
1st Jun 2015, 10:03
Thank you all for the replies.
I had found out various things for myself, but even the in-flght magazine didnt seem to show any film listings. Wondered if I was missing anything.
Oh well, the children will just have to amuse themselves....maybe even spend some time talking to their parents :-)

In fairness they both love to read, but just worried that 4.5 hours is a lot of reading! The return flight is overnihgt so actually glad there is limited IFE so they can actually sleep!

Thanks again all.