PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Aviators - Bankstown Airport.

The Original Jetpipe
29th May 2015, 03:48
Hi All,

Can anyone offer any feed back on Sydney Aviators at Bankstown airport. Just after private hire at the moment, but might progress later. They seem to have a large number of aircraft available, but what is the service/instructors/company like.

Thanks.

doesthisfly
12th Jun 2015, 14:11
TOJ

Great place! Used to have a lot to do with them a year or so ago and recommend them highly, some nice planes, staff are nice and have a quite a few instructors. If you pop in there are usually 1 or 2 sitting around in the office that are happy to show you around and give youu some info

Ultralights
13th Jun 2015, 09:17
if you think Basiar, then you have Sydney Aviators. was in there last week looking over some hangar space, lots of gold bars, lots of 4 and 3 gold bars on kids no older than mid 20's lots of models of airliners everywhere.

gerry111
13th Jun 2015, 10:22
I have a feeling that this thread won't last long... :E

Humbly Reserved
13th Jun 2015, 14:12
I too don't expect this thread to last longer than another post but I'll be concise.

They are the same company as Basair and Huntervalley aviation.

The service will vary based on who you are dealing with (Some good some bad).

The company tends to use Sydney Aviators as a testing ground for brand new instructors which probably explains all the young faces.

The aircraft they have are mixed at both ends with some aeroplane's brand new (but at high cost) with all the bells and whistles whilst others are so old that you're thankful the propeller still turns.

They will make you do a check flight first. (ask for what will happen in said ride) really it should be no more than two circuits if you have some experience in the type. [ I know some junior instructors making it a 3 hour affair that was quite unnecessary] If in doubt ask the CFI.

Other than that all I can say is walk in and check it out for yourself and trust your gut.

HR