PDA

View Full Version : Business Jet Engineer

Scarto
28th May 2015, 17:23
Hello there!

Im new to this forum,but with one question and doubt,that i hope someone can help me out.

I'm a B1.1 working with Airbus,but recently received,a proposal for working for the Business Jet maintenance.
My question is,should i accept it,as in is worth the change,and go for a different line of work?
And does it compensate financially in the long term? I will have a type training for the business jet.

Best Regards

Geosync
6th Jun 2015, 03:02
Disclaimer-
I'm an American, but I work a lot in the business jet world. I think business jets would be a great idea. It might not pay off immediately but down the road. Once you get training on those jets, you will become a hot commodity for the operators of the jets looking for an in-house director of maintenance. Over here I deal with guys that manage fleets of 4-5 Gulfstreams, Boeing BBJs, even 1 or 2 Falcons and they demand 6 figures. Most of them worked for the service center to cut their teeth and then get poached by the owner/operators that bring their birds in for maintenance. So my advice, if Europe is anything like the U.S., is to get that training, get a couple of years experience and keep your open for opportunities, because if you're good at what you do, they will come.