PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms!!!

Average Fool
28th May 2015, 16:10
Looks like new uniforms are in the works.

No doubt this is a cost saving initiative.

The company will save in material costs by removing the empty area of the trousers normally occupied by testicals.

Savings may be lost however as that material may be needed to make space FOR testicals on the cabin crew uniforms as they obviously need it!!

CPA777
28th May 2015, 16:46
On a side note, well done to the FAU in getting shiiit sorted.

If only the aoa can bitch a bit more, then maybe we get what we want as well!! :ugh:

Australia2
28th May 2015, 18:16
That's funny

controlledrest
28th May 2015, 19:35
New pants will be in the 'German' style with a flap at the back to allow for the company to insert pineapples faster.

LRpilot
28th May 2015, 20:02
Time for double brest for everybody?

tuck
29th May 2015, 00:58
It will be a "onesy" with hoody so the new hires can sleep rough around the airport and be ready to spring into action on G days. Everybody wins.

Yonosoy Marinero
29th May 2015, 03:18
Will we finally get a fully combustible material in the uniform? That 5% cotton somewhat hinders quick and complete incineration in case of fire.

Also; stairs down to dispatch will be replaced with fireman's pole to shave 30 sec off your sign on time.

Cpt. Underpants
29th May 2015, 04:09
Personally, I'd prefer a gold lamé jacket with blue satin stripes.

If they're going to treat me like a fool, I might as well look the part.

8driver
29th May 2015, 04:34
The "onesy" will also be useful for seven hour sits in a terminal between an operating flight and a PT flight. It will have extra deep pockets for storing food for the long PT in economy because business class does not exist in that area of the world (US domestic for one.)

Pucka
29th May 2015, 05:29
Why even bother with a uniform..?

CISTRS
29th May 2015, 05:53
If they're going to treat me like a fool, I might as well look the part.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee422/pimlican/CX%20foolshat_zpsrz50dyki.gif

betpump5
29th May 2015, 07:10
I'm sure (well I hope) I am not offending any of my colleagues when I say that the majority of us will never look as good as our Alitalia brothers smoking outside FCO.

Therefore Eddy Lau or Armani, Double Brested or not, really will not improve our appearance. Just like those waste of money Widescreen TVs in the cabin Crew briefing rooms do not hide what a :mad: CX has become.

And at a risk of sounding misogynistic, please do not tailor the female trousers. It really won't be a good sight in dispatch.

From a distance
29th May 2015, 10:15
How about some pilot's wings on the shirts. Sick of the worn out, usually unintelligible name badges that nobody reads.

DropKnee
29th May 2015, 16:20
How about some pilot's wings on the shirts. Sick of the worn out, usually unintelligible name badges that nobody reads.

As long as they're HUGE.
As a side note, I am expecting a clown nose and clown shoes.

Trafalgar
29th May 2015, 16:55
Personally approved by AT. Time to take some pride in our profession and appearance. I can hardly wait.
http://www.partycheap.com/v/vspfiles/photos/60225-2.jpg

Will IB Fayed
30th May 2015, 09:16
+1
In a previous life I worked bloody hard to earn a set of wings. Current ****house CX name badge has the black writing peeling away, and "gold" badge is now silver.
Wings on the uniform.

Lowkoon
30th May 2015, 11:04
And a big kremlin style soviet military hat... No wait, already have that...

oriental flyer
30th May 2015, 13:37
cISTRS

Can I place an order for your fools hat

missingblade
31st May 2015, 02:13
http://cdn.partykungen.se/img/products/440/zombie-pilot-maskeraddrakt2-1.jpg

HEALY
31st May 2015, 02:50
He looks like he has just done a 3 man LRO

Bob Hawke
31st May 2015, 14:18
Looks very much like a freighter pilot.

crwkunt roll
1st Jun 2015, 02:02
In a previous life I worked bloody hard to earn a set of wings.
Exactly.
So please don't put wings on everybody's uniform now. It's an insult.

Shoebox
1st Jun 2015, 07:03
We were all moaning that nobody gave a toss to update our uniforms. Now that we have an update in the works, some of you are still moaning that there's no point. :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

cpdude
1st Jun 2015, 15:38
Actually, I would like to see a descent uniform which is modern looking, good quality and has a nice set of wings we can be proud of wearing. After all, we all worked so hard to earn them years ago!

The current flammable Mong Kok version with plastic wings, pleated pants and double-breasted jackets is so old and cheap looking it's an embarrassment. Oh and the soviet style hat needs to go too. No wonder nobody wants to wear it!

Sure, uniforms are low on our concern list but if we got a great uniform and looked sharp wearing it maybe the company would see something positive in it's employees?

Average Fool
2nd Jun 2015, 14:39
The only "positive" thing CX sees in its employees is their cost.

Jn14:6
2nd Jun 2015, 15:03
Cpdude
Does that mean we will have to have separate uniforms for climb and cruise too?

ACMS
3rd Jun 2015, 06:14
Yes I agree.

Just give me a damn White shirt that doesn't look 10 years old after 1 month and I'd be happy. One where the collar sits down nicely would be good too.

Bigger things to worry about now though.......

AT is trying to distract us from the real issues with fluff...