PDA

View Full Version : new TT base @ AKL ?

BNEA320
27th May 2015, 08:24
just heard above. More jobs for kiwi pilots.

morno
27th May 2015, 08:58
Just heard above? Or you just made it up?

I doubt it.

PoppaJo
27th May 2015, 09:06
I would be careful posting false statements.

Going Boeing
27th May 2015, 09:54
If you look at the timing of trans Tasman flying, it really stands out that having crews based in NZ works out far cheaper than in Oz (and that's not taking into account the pay scales). Each aircraft would depart an NZ port around 0630 and return approx 7 hours later. Then a second crew would repeat the cycle getting back to NZ by about 2200. The aircraft would remain overnight before doing another four sectors the next day with a utilisation exceeding 12 hours per day. For NZ crews it is simply 2 sector day trips but OZ based crews would be required to be accomodated and fed in NZ - thus much higher costs.

As TT is Virgins Low Cost arm, there's no way they will saddle themselves with the cost of using Oz based crews on trans Tasman routes, they simply won't even fly the route if they can't base crews in NZ.

morno
27th May 2015, 10:56
I'm a bit confused as to why you think they wouldn't use Oz based crews GB. If it's under 8hrs, then it would probably just be a return duty for the crew.

morno

Capt Fathom
27th May 2015, 11:28
Give us a rest BNEA320. Your last thread on this topic was closed. What is your point?

Ollie Onion
27th May 2015, 22:19
Who cares, tell me when there is a direct entry Emirates base in Auckland, that would excite me. Another crappy low cost carrier paying crap money and undercutting its own staff with pilots in NZ is nothing to get excited about unless the bogan offering by Jetstar is not bargain basement enough.

waren9
28th May 2015, 05:50
train spotter or amateur troll. not sure which

VH-FTS
28th May 2015, 06:03
No, worse still a travel agent.

Tidbinbilla
28th May 2015, 06:57
You should start seeing less travel agent threads.

If it's not directly related to us as airline pilots, it will be culled :)

This thread is nebulous at best.

TID.