PDA

View Full Version : What would a modern supplementary airline reg set look like?

Horatio Leafblower
26th May 2015, 11:24
I remember back to the 70'ies, I think it was reg 207, just an extension to your AOC.

Bill Clinton changed GA Manufacturing in 1994 (?) by signing a piece of legislation into law in the US, spurring Beech, Cessna Piper and Mooney back into life and creating a garden bed in which Eclipse, Cirrus, Adams, Vans and others flourished.

There are some "interesting" and "colourful" operators out there and I am curious about what "feeder" or "supplementary" airline regulation might look like.

Time for a seperate thread.

How would we build a set of regs that foster small regional airlines?

What would the Dick Smith Party, when holding the balance of power, take to the government of the day as a "log of claims"?

Its all probably pointless but we can dream...

tipsy2
26th May 2015, 11:41
Considering the quantity of paper required for the Part 61 regulations I expect the Attorney Generals Department would mandate and ensure a modern supplementary airline reg set would be at least 100 times larger.

Tipsy
CASA: Ready with solutions to problems that don't even exist as yet.:D

Mach E Avelli
26th May 2015, 23:01
Why yet again reinvent the wheel by 'building' a new set of regulations? Regulations that the authorities, aided and abetted by various committees, attempt in Australia end up being a fustercluck of monumental proportions. Everyone has their own agenda. It's like watching 8 year olds playing footy. No notion of teamwork, just grab the ball and kick it in any direction. Our Part 61 is proof positive of that.
The solution? NZ Part 135. Manufacturer's maintenance schedule. MMEL.
CASA obliged to rubber stamp any document that has been issued by the manufacturer and is current eg AFM, POH, load sheet, performance etc.
CASA required to assess AOC applications and variations in a fixed time, for a fixed fee. HARRUMPH - that would be too much to ask.