PDA

View Full Version : EASA Licence Numbers

amb_211085
25th May 2015, 13:14
I'm working on a computer project for my self development and it involves storing details of the licence numbers of the users of the system. If someone has an EASA licence, say a Part-FCL PPL(A) and then later on down the line they obtained a Part-FCL PPL(H) or CPL(A), would these have the same licence number or would they be different?

Also, what format do the numbers take (i.e., are they all numbers or a mixture of numbers and letters, and how long are they)?

VMT

kenparry
3rd Jun 2015, 11:17
I can't give you a definitive answer to the first question, but my guess is the new licence would keep the same number.

Number format is quite complex. It starts with a code for the country of issue, then "FCL" followed by a code for the type of licence. For example, GBR.FCL.PP is a UK-issued PPL. Then there is some stuff identifying the licence holder, which I suspect is formatted nationally (mine is the same as my old CAA ident number). The UK one is 6 digits followed by a couple of letters separated by another full stop: example, 123456A.B.

So the whole thing becomes GBR.FCL.PP.123456A.B, for example.