PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunities in SE Asia

cessnalover
24th May 2015, 07:42
Hello,
Are there any companies hiring expat low hour pilots for biz jets or GA Aviation in SE Asia?Which companies have hired in the past?I understand that the hours on type rule applies for only airlines in some countries?Anyone here know whats the situation like for Biz jets and GA Aviation in thailand,Indonesia,HK and Macau?Is there a chance?If there is how hard is the conversion/validation of license?
Thanks in advance for the replies.

Flying Mechanic
24th May 2015, 12:18
If your Dad owns the jet, sure you will get a right seat with 250 TT easy.

In reality , in HK/Macau you need at least 2000 TT with 500 jet, and there's plenty of guys applying with type rating.

In Thailand you will need 500 on type for a biz jet right seat.

Indonesia, the locals tend to get the right seat jobs, plenty of guys in Garuda / Lionair, want the well paid corporate jobs.

For the above mentioned the conversion depends on your experience , with a ATPL , you are looking at Air law, Human factors, type technical and a perf exam.

Now plenty of guys /gals want to leave airlines and go corporate, so I hate to say it but your chances are pretty slim.....but I have been wrong before.

cessnalover
24th May 2015, 13:29
Firstly Flying Mechanic thanks a lot for the reply!So from what I gather there is a slim chance in indo(Biz jet and GA).slim chance is better than none!Is the situation any different in singapore,philippines,Malaysia and south asia?

Flying Mechanic
24th May 2015, 14:02
Singapore has many locally qualified pilots with CPL/IR.

Philipines has plenty of local GA pilots, plus plenty of locals with CPL/ IR, foreigners have NO chance.....unless your marry a local.

Malaysia for biz jets, you need to have experience to get a work visa.

In general in South east Asia, locals get preference . You could try Cathay in Hk, if you are really desperate, give Vietjet 60 K USD, and you get 500 hours in 320, but pay for rating is a bad idea .

papazulu
25th May 2015, 00:02
In reality , in HK/Macau you need at least 2000 TT with 500 jet, and there's plenty of guys applying with type rating.

What about > 2200 TT with >1500 (500 PIC) on a jet...driving 2 x airscrew (aka turboprop)? Is it worth the trip? :E

Are they also fixated with the same insanity that Chinese CAA displays when it comes to MED?

PZ :ok:

Flying Mechanic
25th May 2015, 10:41
With the down turn in China, there's plenty of typed pilots trying to get jobs in HK, plus 14000 hour Cathay pilots wanting to join the darkside , chances are pretty slim.