PDA

View Full Version : Are you still helping out?

NoAndThen
24th May 2015, 01:42
Are you showing up at your original sign on time? If not, you should be kicked out of the AOA. We have just over a week until our RPs are terminated and we still have flights making it out in situations like this. Our spineless pilot group deserves the sh*t contract we're on.

From the GMO:
Hong Kong Weather 23/5/15

Another evening of battling the weather and the lightning. Red warnings are causing massive delays on the ground bringing everything to a halt.
A huge thank you to all the staff on the ground and in the air who are just doing their best with what we have available.

CX289/CX233/CX255 have been deliberately delayed to protect duty hours and allow more time for ramp activities to hopefully save the remaining flights.

Please call in and check for any delays as it will help everyone concerned. We have been strategically using slots as best we can with the obvious priority to get aircraft safely on the ground and so far all aircraft have arrived.

Pucka
24th May 2015, 07:55
And as for free,sorry three man crew..not with this officer ma'am..and I suggest..as a matter of safety and for once, being driven from the coal face and not the employers..we say NO to 3 man crew..unequivocally!!!

iflylow
24th May 2015, 12:39
Looks like round #2 tonight.

Let's see how many people acknowledge their delayed reporting calls and go into discretion LEAVING HK.

monster330
24th May 2015, 15:31
Look....sometimes when things like weather comes we have to help out.

Isn't that what were paid for?

BusyB
24th May 2015, 16:27
Monster,

Yes, we "were" paid for that prior to 1994:ugh:

CYRILJGROOVE
24th May 2015, 17:51
imagine how many flights would have been cancelled if 3 man ops for long haul were in place now, probably the vast majority and their pathetic penny pinching would be blown away in one night of chaos.

BillytheKid
24th May 2015, 22:36
Monster330-

Since you asked a reasonble question, I will answer in kind.

A professional aviator deals with those weather issues, yes. A professional aviator also deserves to be paid a professional aviator wage relative to the market. A professional aviator deserves to be treated with respect by having their contract complied with and not have their RP's cancelled.

Since the management wants to pick and choose when they treat us with the respect owed to a professional aviator, I will continue to pick and choose too.

Complying with your contract, regardless of the weather, does not compromise your talents as a professional aviator.

monster330
25th May 2015, 04:17
I was only joking. Cost this cretinous company as much s possible. They don't deserve your good will.

Not now. Not ever. Good luck chaps.

routetuner
25th May 2015, 12:51
TPE + 10 t!
Makes life so much easier.
Cheers.

controlledrest
25th May 2015, 23:11
During disrupts one must be a professional.

Sign on at the rostered time.

DON'T check for roster changes.

Don't extend a duty period.

If an aeroplane is stuck on the ground and a flight canceled so be it. Why should we help out when for so many years we are treated like ****.

CXtreme
26th May 2015, 05:24
god is doing his bit to help with C.C. , now do yours..

Hugo Peroni the IV
26th May 2015, 05:54
That acknowledged notification can mean all the difference beteeen being out of hours with a jet on the ground at an outport and possibly making it back to Hong Kong within a FDP!

Quite clearly, the choice you make has a major affect on our cause!

CISTRS
26th May 2015, 09:34
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee422/pimlican/CLK_zpsswu3ohyq.gif

It's happening again guys.
Sign in as rostered.

ACMS
26th May 2015, 12:13
At 2013 HKT its still a parking lot, around 17 A/C waiting on B north and H south. Taking about 30 to 45 mins to park.

Doesn't appear to be much weather around either.......last 6 hours of METARS are ok.

Most departures running 1 to 2 hours late.

Glad I'm home.

ByAirMail
27th May 2015, 03:02
That 3rd runway is drastically needed...... to provide parking space.

KABOY
27th May 2015, 08:53
That 3rd runway is drastically needed...... to provide parking space.

Yep, and running everything at 99% utilisation with no contingency plan leads to this. But wait........we need to do this so we can pay for the next parking lot!!

And so the circle continues.............

Another fine example of financial greed.

Pucka
27th May 2015, 16:01
Yep, and running everything at 99% utilisation with no contingency plan leads to this. But wait........we need to do this so we can pay for the next parking lot!!

And so the circle continues.............

Another fine example of financial greed.
Welcome to Hong Kong China..the world of vertical thinking..hey..let's build a bridge into a nucleus of no infrastructure and a runway with no airspace..oh and cap it off with a moratorium free zone so we can freely buy Ivory, rhino and shark fin..glory be to the new empire..

Pucka
28th May 2015, 04:33
"Whatever is was Baldrick it was probably better than my plan, pretending to be mad.
I mean, who'd notice another madman around here"
Captain Blackadder.

At least on the Somme, they had leadership..most respected the whistle..and went over the top..with this circus I well and truly remain trench bound..thank you Darling..

cannot
28th May 2015, 05:49
If the company wants to be vindictive and not recognize our contributions. Fine!

Much better alternative don't go near the phone , assume flight is going on time arrive at dispatch sign on, sit around drinking coffee waiting to depart . Run out of duty hours , go home . It works for me

CISTRS
31st May 2015, 02:43
That's Contract Compliance. That's what you are paid for.