PDA

View Full Version : Red Arrows flypast for Three Queens

david parry
22nd May 2015, 19:52
Three Queens Liverpool 2015: Red Arrows to mark celebrations with spectacular fly-past - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/red-arrows-three-queens-liverpool-9309600)

Danny42C
22nd May 2015, 21:16
I read:

"Between noon and 2pm the Three Queens are set to sail from the mouth of the Mersey towards the ECHO Arena and, depending on the weather conditions, perform a series of incredible manoeuvres".

Should be worth seeing ! (do Cunard's insurers know ?)

As an old Scouse, I would've thought that they'd at least mark the Liver Building on their map ! :confused:

D.

Wander00
22nd May 2015, 21:43
ISTR some suggestion that Liverpool was making use of public money to compete less than fairly with the commercially funded Southampton cruise terminal.

Hangarshuffle
22nd May 2015, 22:02
WTF the whole red arrows jamboree with its RAF officer paylist is an entire public sector beano, make a British Leyland shop steward blush....they do nothing except red arrow circus...least BL made er metros...(good seller).

Wander00
22nd May 2015, 22:48
Not the Reds I was complaining about - hope to see them at Tours in a couple of weeks - but the apparent skewing of the financing of the two cruise terminals

david parry
23rd May 2015, 11:27
Arrows overhead now 1225....Crewe railway station heading West;)

david parry
23rd May 2015, 11:44
Also that the Pool is a better run ashore than Southhampton;)

Roadster280
23rd May 2015, 13:57
I read:

"Between noon and 2pm the Three Queens are set to sail from the mouth of the Mersey towards the ECHO Arena and, depending on the weather conditions, perform a series of incredible manoeuvres".

Should be worth seeing ! (do Cunard's insurers know ?)

As an old Scouse, I would've thought that they'd at least mark the Liver Building on their map ! :confused:

D.

I'd have thought the Cunard building :)

Glad to see Liverpool has supported industry and is growing the cruise business. Lots and lots of tourist spend has to be a good thing.

Maybe they could offer a cruise excursion to Anfield for a game. Maybe 100 quid for a box seat and champagne. Same thing at Goodison for a tenner :)

Wander00
23rd May 2015, 14:23
The three cruise ships looked good in Southampton Water. I follow Queen Victoria closely, having been a guest at the naming celebrations. I had never been on a cruise ship before and I was staggered by the size of the ship and the internal layout and facilities. Narrowly avoided Prescott and Livingstone!

Ormeside28
23rd May 2015, 15:29
Brilliant display here in Llandudno this afternoon by the Red Arrows. Much appreciated by many thousands of visitors and locals. Thank you chaps, made me feel very proud!

teeteringhead
24th May 2015, 10:25
Three Queens??

....thought it meant Auntie Betty, Camilla and Kate ..... :ugh:

or on second thoughts :E:E:E no, let's not go there!

Wander00
24th May 2015, 11:00
ad the same thought at the same time - maybe the "Gay Pride" Festival.............

Courtney Mil
24th May 2015, 11:13
WTF the whole red arrows jamboree with its RAF officer paylist is an entire public sector beano, make a British Leyland shop steward blush....they do nothing except red arrow circus...least BL made er metros...

I tried putting that through Google Translate, but it couldn't make any sense of it. It looks like English words, but arranged randomly to no apparent purpose. The closest I could get to any meaning suggested to me that it looked a bit like a Sharkey Ward anti-RAF rant, but even he would have had to stop taking his medication to post something like that.

Can you enlighten us?

Wander00
24th May 2015, 12:24
Courtney - how subtly put - I was thinking of something more succinct, that I use for the "Microsoft" spammers who ring 2 or 3 times a week!

david parry
24th May 2015, 19:38
Heads up for tomorrow....Also Pie and pint £2 .50 at the Adelphi;) Three Queens Liverpool 2015 live: Cunard birthday spectacular set to wow River Mersey - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/three-queens-liverpool-2015-live-9307040)

Fortissimo
25th May 2015, 08:59
Courtney, an elementary mistake, most unlike you!

Try running Google Translate again, only this time go to 'settings' and select the 'Republican', 'Large Chip','Cynical Tw@t' and 'Self-anointed Iconoclast' filters. That should just leave you with an indefinite article which can be identified in any language. It even works in Sharkspeak.

ff

Wander00
25th May 2015, 09:34
I just keep imagining Captain of the "lead" ship calling "Smoke on, smoke on, GO!"

Courtney Mil
25th May 2015, 15:57
Well, spotted, ff. with the filters on it now reads,

Hangarshuffle is an entire beano

langleybaston
25th May 2015, 16:16
it's stream of consciousness stuff, as exemplified by James Joyce in Ulysses.

That was bollocks too.

charliegolf
25th May 2015, 17:06
Maybe 100 quid for a box seat and champagne. Same thing at Goodison for a tenner

You'd have to pay more for anfield- lots more goals at Liverpool games. Oh...

CG

bosnich71
26th May 2015, 07:21
Built in France, owned by Yanks and registered in Bermuda what are the Scousers getting excited about?

david parry
26th May 2015, 12:21
I was excited along with a million others;)..Three Queens in Liverpool 2015: Over a million people watch river spectacular celebrating Cunard's formation

Roadster280
26th May 2015, 12:43
Built in France, owned by Yanks and registered in Bermuda what are the Scousers getting excited about?

Cunard is owned by Carnival Corporation & plc.

It's a joint Anglo-American company, resulting from some large mergers. Principally the P&O and Cunard bits of it.

storms1962
26th May 2015, 13:18
3 Queens + 9 Queens = Bloody waste of money:E

BossEyed
26th May 2015, 14:37
To distract from the Reds bashing, a quick story:

Two Liverpudlian lasses, languishing around the Liver building. Get talking about their lives.

LL No.1 "My old man works for Cunard".
LL No.2 (offended): "Well, mine's no effin' slouch, either, la".

Calm down, Calm down.

langleybaston
26th May 2015, 15:18
that took me a tad too long, but I tried for Cunard and got there.

Wander00
26th May 2015, 17:08
May it is better in a scouse accent, but it took me quite a while