PDA

View Full Version : Air Lituanica

22nd May 2015, 12:42
Air Lituanica, a vanity project founded to support the dreams of the egos of local politicians in Vilnius, has ceased.

Air Baltic to take over the routes for a few days.

https://www.airlituanica.com/en/home-page.html
Air Lituanica stops flight operations

Airline Air Lituanica ceases its operations from mid-day of May 22, Friday. Airline management, acting responsibly and seeing risk not to fulfill commitments for the passengers, are stopping all regular flights and will put all the efforts so that the travelers would be affected as less as possible. The solution for some passengers is already found. Air Lituanica has agreed with Air Baltic - Latvian airline and passengers’ carriage is guaranteed within the next 8 days. For the rest of the flights will still be discussed.

purplehelmet
22nd May 2015, 18:57
I was booking flights the other day from billund (Denmark) to Amsterdam and this outfit popped up as an option via Vilnius, as did air Baltic via riga. id never heard of them so did a quick google out of curiosity.and didn't really like what I saw, although neither were going to be a firm option for me.
ive now booked Norwegian via oslo...

G-ARZG
24th May 2015, 15:41
It's the 'Curse of Airliner World magazine'. Any time an emerging carrier is featured, start counting the days before they close for business !

I was booking flights the other day from billund (Denmark) to Amsterdam and this outfit popped up as an option via Vilnius, as did air Baltic via riga. id never heard of them so did a quick google out of curiosity.and didn't really like what I saw, although neither were going to be a firm option for me.
ive now booked Norwegian via oslo...

GROUNDHOG
25th May 2015, 19:03
Any coincidence it is an anagram of lucitania... and we all know what happened to that...;)

Shed-on-a-Pole
25th May 2015, 19:15
I hate to break this to you but LUSITANIA is spelt with an "S"! :-)