View Full Version : wannabes fly in ?

washouttt
13th Jun 2001, 01:51
As I am quite new to this sight I may have misssed postings on this subject, but has anyone put forward the idea of a wannabes summer fly in. It could be a good chance to meet each other and laugh at each others landing.

kabz
13th Jun 2001, 06:57
Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I'm not even allowed in the air at the same time as some of the other student glider pilots...

washouttt
13th Jun 2001, 13:38
Kabz

Why can't you go up at the same time as other student pilots?

martinf
13th Jun 2001, 13:53
Sounds like a good idea except that most of the wannabees met up at the gatbash the other day.

Might also be difficult as I am sure that many wannabees are learning and can only go withan instructor. Not to mention cost etc..

Not being negative but probably easier to tie it up with a Pprune bash. If you want a wannabee only meeting then liase with the likes of WWW and Scroggs who are co-ordinating the wannabee section.

Good Luck with it though.

washouttt
13th Jun 2001, 16:16
I think I am a bit out the loop as it were with what goes on with pprune and its events as I am quite new to the site.

I was thinking more of the guys who have the hours required to start the CPL/IR and or guys that have gone that far to this date, as well as anyone else. Just to share ideas on trying to get jobs and talk about the training yet to come. I am based in the south of the UK and I am sure that there are many of you guys that would be able to fly to say bembridge, shoreham, blackbushe, or kemble for a sandwich.

Any takers............

Vicious Squirrel
13th Jun 2001, 16:24
How 'bout a lift for a guy without the cash for any kind of licence? ;)

Autofly
13th Jun 2001, 23:11
Washouttt,

I think its a good idea. Go for the midlands area as its pretty central and go for a large field too .... if you get enough takers you'll need it!

Come on chaps and chapesses

Autofly

saggy
14th Jun 2001, 01:25
Visious Squirrel,

Sure..if you get a hair cut cause I think we'll be over MTOW
:) :)

------------------
G-XX finals and ...hopefully land! :)

scroggs
14th Jun 2001, 02:08
Sounds like a worthwhile idea to me, although I think you'll find that both WWW and I are a little too busy to get involved with the organisation. And I think that basing it round a Gatbash is just a little unwise.....! However, I'd be glad to show up, roster allowing, and reminisce about light aircraft flying. Anyone got a Bulldog?

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Pilch
14th Jun 2001, 02:18
Sound idea - just waiting for the CAA to send me a shiny new PPL, so looking for reasons to go flying. Based in the north so the Midlands get my vote (Duxford might be a good setting - never flown there so don't know if thats feasible)

washouttt
14th Jun 2001, 18:18
Well It looks like there might be a few takers. I will keep watching this space for a few days and if we get a few more then I will start to try and come up with something to accomadate everyone.

I am sure that for guys who can't take their own aircraft that there could be a few spare seats.

So any more takers then...

Flypuppy
14th Jun 2001, 18:44
Duxford sounds like a nice idea. I could be interested in this...

Whirlybird
14th Jun 2001, 23:14
If/when you do organise something, post it to the Private Flying Forum too. We've been trying to organise fly-ins there for ages - mosts of last summer's attempts got rained out though.

Unless of course you don't want "non-professionals" meeting up with you :) :)

------------------
Whirly

To fly is human, to hover, divine.

schuler_tuned
14th Jun 2001, 23:51
duxford gets my vote, great museum, quite central, nice long r/w, needs to be during summer operating hours though, as otherwise the operating times get too restrictive. i,d be going from cov, probably 172, and would be more than willing to share/offer seats.

scroggs
15th Jun 2001, 00:26
Looks like Aerbabe's beaten you to it - see her thread 'Summer Fly In!'

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]

washouttt
15th Jun 2001, 15:23
I know I will change my name to sexybabe.

Vicious Squirrel
15th Jun 2001, 19:38
Hi Saggy!

Nah, MTOW's a doddle compared to the drag you get off this thing! Just make sure the plane's of the closed cockpit variety 'cause there's no getting this into a crash hat!

anyone got a hair net? ;)