PDA

View Full Version : Nanny next door on USD$100k

triplesevencommuter
21st May 2015, 05:35
Next door neighbour's Nanny just landed a job in Los Angeles on USD$100k.
She has no formal qualifications and is 23 years old.
Her job entails wiping the noses of 2 kids and changing their sh!tted diapers.
Thats more than a year 2 JFO earns in Hong Kong, which could take up to 7 years to get there. A year in Adelaide, 4 years as a SO and then 2 years as JFO.
And her accommodation is included before anyone mentions HKPA.
She's British but her employers are providing a green card, something CX CANNOT do.

AerocatS2A
21st May 2015, 05:50
Excellent! That's great news for her, I'm sure you are very happy.

Freehills
21st May 2015, 06:28
So go retrain as a nanny 777commuter, if you are jealous of her salary

Exascot
21st May 2015, 06:55
Go with her :E

ANCPER
21st May 2015, 10:44
No union, must be her soon to be employers are happy to pay her 100k. Good luck to her, maybe they are as nice as they are generous and possibly they see this as a chance to give her a once in a life time opportunity.

McNugget
21st May 2015, 11:30
Not sure what your point is. I know plenty of people without formal qualifications, who make far more than any pilot ever will. I'm sure you do too.

Ps. It's significantly less than any JFO makes.

Oh, and she won't get a green card as a nanny. I can assure her of that. It's theoretically possible, but isn't going to happen.

Long Dong Silver
21st May 2015, 11:42
Not sure what your point is. I know plenty of people without formal qualifications, who make far more than any pilot ever will. I'm sure you do too.

Ps. It's significantly less than any JFO makes.

Oh, and she won't get a green card as a nanny. I can assure her of that. It's theoretically possible, but isn't going to happen.

Yep, no way she'll be getting a green card. I know of a nanny that did the same thing - her employers took her back to the states.
Maybe she can coax some guy to marry her ;).
100k is about what a year 3 SO makes

wongsuzie
22nd May 2015, 08:26
In Sentosa Cove,Singapore the Swiss nannies are on 150k/pa.And no noses to wipe just dust Madam's bag collection.

crwkunt roll
23rd May 2015, 04:11
I bet she's not sitting in the back seat of a big shiny jet!