PDA

View Full Version : Picking the right Flight School | Australia

Pepa_la_Pow
20th May 2015, 06:45
Hey all,

I'm very new to this forum so please let me know if this is not an appropriate place to ask this sort of question.

What I would like to know is, how do you choose a good flight school? I am currently doing my RPL on weekends & will do my PPL the same way though when I get to doing the CPL I want to do the training full time.

This means going from my full time job & therefore pay, to Austudy & part time work. I am happy to move interstate if there is a real reason to do so. I am in Sydney & there seems to be many choices locally though there are schools interstate that interest me also. Is there a clearly number 1 school in Australia? Are there schools I should avoid totally? Should I just take the plunge with a local school because the training has to be at least to a certain standard because of CASA regulations & the differences are mostly cosmetic?

Any advice is much appreciated. I figure if I'm going to drop near $100k on training I should probably ask as many questions from different sources as possible before making that commitment.

Thanks =)

tail wheel
20th May 2015, 20:52
Read this thread: http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/521632-newbie-flying-training-advice-merged.html