PDA

View Full Version : Air Switzerland take off more doubtful by the day

Alpha Leader
11th Jun 2002, 09:32
Air Switzerland has still not filed an application for an AOC, according to BAZL (Swiss equivalent of FAA).

Apparently, the major hurdle is an unequivocal declaration that the majority of shareholders/investors are of Swiss origin, as Mario Ritter's potential investors do not wish to take any equity stake in the company. Instead, credit facilities amounting to CHF 300 million are said to be available to Air Switzerland, but the identity of lenders is not forthcoming.

As a result, the Company is facing possibly insurmountable difficulties in complying with Swiss aviation regulations which require that an airline registered there is actually controlled and owned by a majority of Swiss citizens.

Given that Mario Ritter's own deadline to get off the ground is in 35 days from today and - in the best of cases - a 30 day period for processing AOC applications, it is highly unlikely that Air Switzerland will take off as planned.

(Above compiled from various media reports).

N380UA
11th Jun 2002, 10:34
Didn’t World Aviation Services, a Californian outfit, have something to do with Air Switzerland? Recruitment and maybe even financial support? Would be a shame if all the newly hired folks were out of a job jet again!

Alpha Leader
11th Jun 2002, 13:22
N380UA:

They're availing of an American consultant called Bryan Johnston - he might be the link to World Aviation Services.

11th Jun 2002, 21:52
Up to now, only a few pilots are hired (management pilots) by air Switzerland, but they just do the interviews for employement now.

wallabie
13th Jun 2002, 09:02
773829, I went aboard a SWISS 321 the other day to have a bit of chat with the guys. They gave me the staggering figure of 450 Swissair pilots out of job !!
How many of them would make it to this new outfit if it ever takes off ??
By the way, thanks for the chocolate, they always give me chocolate when I visit.

13th Jun 2002, 12:56
There are still about 140 dismissed young pilots from Swissair looking for a job on a flight deck.

So if air Switzerland is taking-off, I think they will employ mostlty F/O's from former Swissair and some early retired Captains.