PDA

View Full Version : QR long Connection DOH (STPC)

ExXB
19th May 2015, 09:32
QR has agreed to provide us with meals/hotel for our 20 hour connection at DOH. Confirmation was received today but didn't mention a name of a hotel.

Does anyone know which hotel(s) they will use. The Mrs is quite picky and might want to stay elsewhere (at our own cost of course).

Also - I'm guessing that when they say 'meals' they don't include alcafrolic beverages with the meal. The Mrs does like a glass of red, from time to time.

Oh, and I used to be able to remember what STPC stands for; not anymore. Can anyone remind me ... :{

Metro man
20th May 2015, 00:35
Business or economy ? Hotels may vary with class of travel and availability of rooms.

pppdrive
20th May 2015, 05:28
IF my memory is correct, it means Stopover at Carriers expense.

ExXB
20th May 2015, 06:32
It's in Economy ...

vctenderness
20th May 2015, 08:27
The hotels in Doha are pretty good by any standard so would think there would be no need to pay for one.

Definitely won't include alcohol but it is freely available in Doha but at a cost.

ExXB
20th May 2015, 09:25
Thanks for all the comments. :ok: If worse comes to worse I suppose I can always ask for an upgrade (paid by us, of course). And pay for the wine as well.

SMT Member
6th Jun 2015, 10:21
Say what you will about QR, but they do tend to look after their passengers during transit stop-overs in Doha. If the snob with a bra you're traveling with is that picky, one does wonder what she's doing flying steerage.

Besides being a fairly strict Muslim country, I don't think you'll find there's much of a difference in policy between QR and, say, most other airlines when it comes to alcohol: It's on your own dime if you're not onboard one of their aircraft, and even then - depending on airline and class of travel - it may not be free or even available.

GrahamO
6th Jun 2015, 12:29
If I was to guess. it'll be the Doha Marriott as its the closest one to the new airport and is on the main road out to the airport. I could be the Sharq Village at a pinch but thats a bit more pricy.

All the hotels in Doha are good, and surprisingly cheap.

deptrai
6th Jun 2015, 12:56
regarding alcoholic beverages in Doha, I once had to point out to a US gentleman who was complaining to his wife, that alcoholic beverages are available free of charge at the Oryx lounge, they're just out of sight and you need to ask. When I end up in economy, the <40 US$ for the Oryx lounge are well worth it, quiet, clean, ok food, nice shower, well staffed, but of course it can't replace a hotel room for a longer transfer. I commuted between Europe and Asia at times, and when flying economy, I prefer a stop in the middle east, the shorter legs, preferably combined with a bulkhead seat to stretch my legs, a somewhat efficient airport and a quality lounge are not such a bad alternative to a long leg in business. The sandpit airlines arguably offer a good product to pax, although I feel a bit ambiguous about how they treat their crew...

Dubaian
7th Jun 2015, 06:53
Only 4* and upwards hotels in Doha may serve alcoholic drinks - and not all do. All the likely stopover places near the airport should be OK.

ExXB
7th Jun 2015, 08:34
Thanks for the information and comments, booze isn't that big a deal for us, but it helps to manage expectations. If it's available, fine, if not, also fine. :ok: