PDA

View Full Version : Need experienced UK tax accountant

thrustidle74
17th May 2015, 18:03
Hi all,

Moved family back home to the UK and until I find a new gig I'm commuting. Looks like with the number of days I'm spending in UK I'll be tax resident soon.
I need a tax accountant who is experienced with expats/commuting pilots, preferably in Scotland but location is not a must.
I just need to be tax efficient if I become tax resident.
Feel free to PM or reply publicly with contact details please.

Cheers

TI74

harry the cod
18th May 2015, 08:11
The Fry Group deal with a lot of UK pilots, BA, Virgin, EK etc and their fees are very reasonable. Have always done my tax details with them and have no complaints. Only downside for you is their location, South coast. Can't really get much further away from Scotland than that. Still, there's always email....and the phone!

They do normally come to Dubai 2-3 times a year. Might be worth giving them a call. Good luck with the commuting and tax! :{:(:uhoh:........:eek:.......:ouch:

Harry

Straight & Level
18th May 2015, 08:52
Ive been using this lot for the last 12 years:

Tax Safe | Tax advice for Britons working abroad (http://www.taxsafe.uk.com)

They are in based in Newcastle, but all documentation is scanned and sent electronically. I recommend them. They are generally quick to respond to emails and are well versed in Expat Tax affairs.

They used to be called ExPatTax (gives you a clue to their area of expertise) but have recently rebranded.

Good luck!

harry the cod
18th May 2015, 15:51
S&L

I had a quick look on their website. Not sure what their overall costs would be compared to the Fry Group but what was interesting was the VAT charge. Maybe this is just for the initial assessment but do they charge you VAT each year? Fry don't. Do you mind me asking what you pay each year for a return?

Harry

thrustidle74
18th May 2015, 21:02
Thanks guys,

I'll give those 2 a shot.

Cheers

TI74

Straight & Level
19th May 2015, 07:41
Maybe this is just for the initial assessment but do they charge you VAT each year?

No. I'm guessing that its because I'm outside the UK, but I've never been charged VAT as far as I can remember.

2014/15 bill was £360.

Transformers
19th May 2015, 14:53
Hi Guys

I have been outside the UK for over 10 years ( EK Pilot) now using the same UK accountant, he is tailored to UK Pilot Specific requirements, he is an Ex Fry Group Employee that went solo, but best of all he is Half the price and gives a more personnel interest than Service Driven (Fry Group)rather than product Orientated.

PM me your email address and I will pass on his details.......! Top Banana at the right Price, he works from home (UK), which keeps the cost down and he is fully up to date on the latest market trends.......!

harry the cod
19th May 2015, 19:05
S&L

Thanks for that, seems a reasonable cost and not charging a non resident VAT is correct. I was around £780 for the same tax year but that was for two returns, mine and the missus and involved multiple properties in both names plus a small UK income tax liability. I guess that's similar then comparing like for like.

Transformer, will pm you for the details if you don't mind. Thanks.

Harry