PDA

View Full Version : Let your fingers do the walking

NutLoose
17th May 2015, 14:53
I bet you are glad you are not getting married in the Indonesian military..

Virginity tests are obligatory for female military and national police recruits who are typically high school graduates aged between 18 and 20. HRW's research indicates that the air force, army and navy have for decades also used the test on the fiancees of military officers before marriage.

Why does Indonesia demand that female military recruits are virgins? - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32748248)

Andreas Harsono was one of the HRW researchers who interviewed 11 Indonesian women, who were all military wives and female officers. He said they described two fingers being used to open the vagina while one finger was placed in the anus.
He said that on one occasion, when a woman told others waiting outside an examination room what had been done to her, all 23 applicants left.
He said that most were embarrassed by the procedure, and many were traumatised.
A female military physician told researchers that when she performed the tests in Jakarta, she found it difficult to persuade the women to take part. "It was not [just] a humiliating act... It was a torture. I decided not to do it again," she said.

Wander00
17th May 2015, 15:43
Makes PV look positively benign. There are some pretty odd practices around the world but this beggars belief.

serf
17th May 2015, 16:35
The article also covers some other countries, happened in the UK too until 1979 for some immigrant brides to be apparently.

Union Jack
17th May 2015, 16:54
There are some pretty odd practices around the wold but this beggars belief.

Yorkshire or Lincolnshire?:uhoh:

Jack

Wander00
17th May 2015, 17:23
Ho, hum. But U-J, I had corrected the error before your post, but amusing nevertheless.

chopper2004
17th May 2015, 20:45
@Union Jack

Talk about covering ones behind against litigation but no more, ask the Egyptians

Egypt court stops virginity tests in military prisons - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16339398)

For some bizarre reason, now I have The Bangles hit song in my head...

Cheers

Danny42C
17th May 2015, 21:02
For some reason, this quotation from "Hamlet" comes to mind:

"Use every man after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?"

D.