PDA

View Full Version : RBA and Sharia Law

mach.865
17th May 2015, 05:24
Good Morning All

I'm trying to obtain some info on RBA. I am a current A320 Capt. based in the UK and was considering a move to Asia. I am particularly interested in Royal Brunei and was wondering what the situation was. I have a few questions.

1. Are there many expats working there such as Kiwis, Ozzies, Brits etc.
2. Is there any chance of commuting to BNE on days off, or is there a system where a bank of days can be accumulated to make the trip. I am originally from BNE.
3. Is Sharia Law making life difficult for the expats.
4. I am not married but can my partner live with me.

Thanks

Mach.

tuck
17th May 2015, 07:34
This on Rumours and News, and then the above?

China, UK, Brisbane?

Just need a certain wizard to place an oar in the water.

Royal Brunei
Hi Folks

I am interested in joining RBA. I am a current B737Capt. not A320 rated based in the China and was considering a move to warmer climates. I am considering Royal Brunei and was wondering what the situation was.

1. Are there any expats working there.
2. Is there any chance of commuting on days off, or is there a system where a bank of days can be accumulated to make the trip. I am from LA.
3. Is Sharia Law making life difficult for the expats.
4. I am not married but can my girl friend live with me.

Thanks

MBA

compass360
22nd May 2015, 11:33
"Are there many expats working there such as Kiwis, Ozzies, Brits etc."

Why a Korean working there is not an expat?? is expat now a new definition of being of Anglo-Saxon origin? :rolleyes:

Gypsy
22nd May 2015, 13:04
Oh grow up.

He is just asking if there are any expats who happen to be Kiwis, Ozzies or Brits etc. He is not asserting that other nationalities are not expats.

bringbackthe80s
22nd May 2015, 13:19
Not that it matters, but the VAST majority of expats in any alirline (and non airline for that matter) in the world is of Anglo-Saxon origin.

MBA747
23rd May 2015, 00:31
Why is it that when recruiting pilots, RBA require pilots that are rated on A320 to have EASA GBR, NZ & Australian ATPL's (and possibly Malaysian ATPL's subject to regulatory approval).

However non rated pilots to have EASA GBR ATPL (Malaysian Licence subject to regulatory approval) but Aust. and NZ ATPL's are excluded.

Does that mean Malaysian ATPL's are more highly regarded than NZ and Aust. ATPL's for pilots not rated on the A320??

Roti Canai
23rd May 2015, 03:47
On Which part does it say Aust and NZ License excluded?, it just doesn't show that on the Non rated part like it does on the rated part.
Looks like a typo mistake to me or maybe phone them up and confirm ey,

Captain – Rated on A320

5,000 hours total on all aircraft types (Fixed Wing Types Only Considered)
500 hours PIC on Airbus A320 Family
Current as PIC on Airbus A320 family
License Proficiency Check as PIC on Airbus A320 family to be valid on start of employment with RB
EASA GBR, NZ & Australian ATPL (Malaysian Licence – subject to regulatory approval)
English Proficiency Level 6
Current Class 1 Medical
Maximum Age 61 Years on start of employment with RB

Captain – NON Rated on A320

5,000 hours total on all aircraft types (Fixed Wing Types Only Considered)
500 hours PIC on Multi Crew Glass Cockpit Commercial Jet
Current as PIC on Glass Cockpit Commercial Jet
License Proficiency Check as PIC on a Glass Cockpit Commercial Jet to be valid on start of employment with RB
EASA GBR ATPL (Malaysian Licence – subject to regulatory approval)
English Proficiency Level 6
Current Class 1 Medical
Maximum Age 59 Years on start of employment with RB

bringbackthe80s
23rd May 2015, 08:52
Has anyone applied for this job?
I was just reading some news yesterday and the new Sharia law in Brunei looks quite strict indeed...Maybe someone already there can share their feelings if it's something to be worried about? Because in all honesty the job seems pretty good to me..