PDA

View Full Version : Start your own airline?

Cos
23rd Jul 2001, 12:42
Does anyone out there in PPRUNEland know how much air freight/charter/taxi work there is available in Europe?

I wonder how realistic a proposition it would be to gather a group of commercial pilots to form a small company flying leased aircraft around Europe? I imagine that transporting light freight would be the most likely and easily certified activity.

If anyone knows anything about this subject, I would be very glad to hear from them.

Token Bird
23rd Jul 2001, 16:18
Could we operate floats? (please)

SouthXross
23rd Jul 2001, 18:02
Myself and a pilot buddy are also looking into it and it seems most light work is based in picking up the crumbs left by larger companies running out of capacity, between 4%-8% of a total load then get subcontracted…. Spoke to the owner of a company that supplies stand-in aircraft, although he is very successful (I flew his personal Bell 206 on a positioning flight) he made the fact that luck had a big part to play very clear. It’s not easy but it is possible to do…good luck. :)

EM PE
23rd Jul 2001, 18:08
I set up an Air Taxi company a number of years ago I believe the paperwork was a lot easier then. With talk of companies selling their Exec jets there may be an opportunity to pick up a few contracts.
EM PE