PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Melbourne Qantas pax load

rahalroxz
13th May 2015, 15:52
hello everybody,

May be not the right place to ask this but I really need some help.

I work for a oneworld airline so I my travel partner get 'standby' concessional tickets from qantas to fly from Brisbane to Melbourne.

Could anyone who often travel in this route give me an idea about the passenger load ? is it almost always fully packed or there are some empty seats ? ( I intend to travel in June, which is considered as a non-peak month).

Hobo
13th May 2015, 17:02
You could look here (http://iddeals.com/index.html), but frankly, I wouldn't bother, the loads are so variable, you will behind all QF staff, and subload staff fares are expensive. I've been doing this ( as UK Oneworld staff )for many years in OZ, and about 8 years ago gave up, because of not getting on and all the hassle involved. I now buy full fare on QF/DJ/JQ. On the right flights, it's barely more costly.

Fonz121
13th May 2015, 20:53
If you have a date in mind I can let you know how it looks at the moment. I always get on. But then again I aim for flights that look good.

Manchester Exile
13th May 2015, 22:54
I can't help directly as I have never flown Melbourne to Brisbane on Qantas, but I have flown Sydney to Melbourne many times on QF. Sydney and Melbourne are similar-sized cities, and the frequencies and aircraft types used on both routes are very similar, so my guess is that both routes would have very similar load factors.

Normally, SYD-BNE flights are quite full, around 90% or higher load factor. But it's rare for a flight to be 100% occupied. So with a little luck, your standby ticket should be OK. Flights are hourly, so you wouldn't have to wait too long for another chance if your initial flight is full.