PDA

View Full Version : NetJets

SE210
13th May 2015, 13:18
Dear Colleagues

Does any of you know, if Netjets still uses "gateways" for pilots?

Does a London base mean, that you have to relocate or commute?

Brgds

SE210

Globally Challenged
13th May 2015, 14:24
If you are referring to the Falcon vacancy - then its with EJME rather than NetJets so I suspect the gateway system does not apply and you need to get yourself to whichever London airport the aircraft is based at.

Above The Clouds
13th May 2015, 15:57
If you are referring to the Falcon vacancy - then its with EJME rather than NetJets so I suspect the gateway system does not apply and you need to get yourself to whichever London airport the aircraft is based at.

I was advised that relocation for that position was a requirement.

SE210
13th May 2015, 16:26
So no more Netjets jobs any longer.

On standby
14th May 2015, 18:40
There may well be jobs at Netjets in the future and the gateway system still exists in Netjets Europe. For London you can choose from LHR,LGW,STN & LTN as a gateway and should not have to travel more than 1 hour on day 1 to reach your gateway.

Any current jobs advertised would be for managed aircraft (EJME). They have totally separate contracts so may not use the gateway system, it will totally depend on the contract.

maxed-out
22nd Jun 2015, 13:20
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the recruitment situation is regarding the XLS fleet, bearing in mind the large order of CL350's? Are they still hiring on this fleet or are they biding their time till more 350's arrive? Any inside info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Delta12
22nd Jun 2015, 13:49
NetJets does not hire by fleet. Even if you would join and hold e.g. a valid XLS type rating, that would not necessarily mean you join the XLS fleet.
For the time being NetJets Europe does NOT hire, it may be different with EJME which is a different company.

papazulu
23rd Jun 2015, 20:20
Can u tell us when they will start hiring again, then? It's an honest question, I think this was the best corporate outfit to work for before 2007-8. Things will never be the same but I wish them all the best.

PZ

EatMyShorts!
23rd Jun 2015, 22:14
At the moment there is nothing set in stone. Every now and then we can hear rumours that the company is considering hiring F/Os again in the near future, but so far nothing has happened. Just a couple of days ago the big boss in the US (the CEO of Netjets Inc.) left the company in a hurry (or was asked to leave?) and new leadership has been put into place. Let's see where we go to from here, it will take a few weeks or even months before we know.

CEQforever
30th Jun 2015, 15:55
Are there still any pilots with NJE that came through the "sponsored" OAT cadet program?

A blessing in disguise that I wasn't selected at the time.

Down in front
1st Jul 2015, 09:10
About half of the cadets that made it in to the company are still there AFAIK

NJE were very financially generous to those that didn't make it in - effectively paying off the bulk of their OAA training

papazulu
1st Jul 2015, 11:50
NJE were very financially generous to those that didn't make it in - effectively paying off the bulk of their OAA training

That (if true) speaks volumes about the company's ethos and the MAN that owns it, IMHO. I sincerely hope they do not repeat the same mistake and tie up with the likes of CTC or OAA again.

PZ :(

redsnail
1st Jul 2015, 12:03
There are about 4 cadets left in NJE. There were 5, but one is on his way to BA.

CL300
2nd Jul 2015, 19:43
company ethos...yeah right...