PDA

View Full Version : HAINAN B787

fltpath10
10th May 2015, 08:21
I am looking for any proper and real objective opinion from any b787 expat captains with hainan:

-how's the interview and medical?
-how's the general treatment?
-how's the crm onboard?
-how's your schedule?
-are you able to operate the flight home often?
-was that a good move?

I am an experience b777 captain looking fwd to go home!

Thanks!

dignified
16th May 2015, 03:18
There is one Chinese/American recently upgraded on the Dreamliner, he flew four years on the B737 before being considered. He is perhaps your best source, not many pilots here from the Americas, but can tell you that non are desired. Unless you are prepared to do SIM's with interpreter (as Chinese TRE's are level 1 at most with ICAO Level 4 on their certificates), and put up with smoking in the cockpit, sitting in the jumpseat, start as a new Senior F/O, then you are "welcome to your future".

Also, ascertain all the benefits beyond salary exist, HNA OVERSEAS CO is reputable for lying to their teeth just to attract pilots, but when you get here you find the big and deceptive lie this place is. I have not met yet the first generous Chinese citizen, use your best judgment, the interviews is a facade of trained lying hienas.:=

SkullFlyer
12th Oct 2015, 22:25
Excuse me, Dignified but do you fly for Hainan ? Have tou ever attended a screening ? Or you are just saying what you've heard ?
Sorry asking that but I think about Hainan is that we have a lack of opinions of who really fly over there and I am really tired of hearing from whom do not work that and just heard this or that.
We need some concrete data here !

Viking101
14th Oct 2015, 09:53
Well it does seem to be very common issue in China.

CSA is exactly the same, sources from guys in the airline and guys going through assessments.

CRM is really poor, if any, and the contract/ position you apply for does not match reality.

Hope their culture change soon. But until then I stay away from that part of the world.

CaptainProp
14th Oct 2015, 10:47
When their culture to expat pilots and aviation changes, if it ever will, then salaries will drop as many more Europeans and Americans will start applying. When salaries drop there's no reason, in my opinion, to take a contract in China anymore. I'm guessing that the majority of pilots who go to China now do it for the money and nothing else.

CP

fatbus
14th Oct 2015, 16:33
Agree with captain prop , the moment things improve there will be a flood of pilots applying.

There is a reason they pay what they pay!

de facto
14th Oct 2015, 17:52
I'm guessing that the majority of pilots who go to China now do it for the money and nothing else.

Duhhhh:p good guess.

nicktar
21st Oct 2015, 07:21
Guys and Gals...be advised. I have heard from a reliable source that Hainan is blitzing pilots. What that means is that they are offering contracts that they have no intention of delivering or at some point manipulating some time later on. I was told that when an Airline in China sponsors your process, no other Airline can have access to you for some 5 years or so without that airline releasing your file. So, Hainan is screening anyone they can so they close options to any other airline. If you are considering going to CSA, it then means you will not be able to because Hainan holds your deed even if they have no intention of hiring you. So far, my understanding is that CSA is the most honest of all but they will hold your deed as well.

WJAPilot
22nd Oct 2015, 20:04
Not Sure if that is true during the interview stages

Recently sat with guys who were screening at CS who the following week had Screenings set at Hainan -

Now once u start yup - your their Biatch.

SkullFlyer
24th Oct 2015, 01:41
Nicktar, that's not true. I know a couple of pilots that passed through Hainan and then CSA assessments.

swallowenforcer
24th Oct 2015, 02:11
What was their thoughts on both airlines? They join either?

Capt. Flamingo
24th Oct 2015, 15:29
Does anyone know if they are doing the reverse rostering from the USA already?

Thanks

WJAPilot
25th Oct 2015, 03:10
A freind has been hired recently on 787 being told Seattle RSP but he's still in training so time will tell

SkullFlyer
26th Oct 2015, 12:40
Hey WJA, has he joined as a NTR ?
Please keep us updated of his steps over there !

WJAPilot
26th Oct 2015, 19:58
Wilco

cheers

Capt. Flamingo
17th Nov 2015, 20:48
Thanks a lot WJApilot, will be following this one closely

WJAPilot
22nd Nov 2015, 01:28
Spoke to my friend he is in sim and things going smoothly

Point of interest tho... he had heard that some in his initial hire class were told no transition and no future hiring DEC 787

Better double check with the agencies...

Ill get more info next convo

STOCKMAN
22nd Nov 2015, 17:07
Spoke to a buddy of mine who joined HNA last month
They were told 787. One week later back to 737. No transition to 787 this year
Company release says HNA managed to hire 80 expat captains this year