PDA

View Full Version : Nothing on this? New Virgin chairman..

PatTheDog
8th May 2015, 11:47
Virgin Australia snares Elizabeth Bryan as new chairman, a transformer at Caltex | afr.com (http://www.afr.com/opinion/columnists/chanticleer/virgin-australia-snares-elizabeth-bryan-as-new-chairman-a-transformer-at-caltex-20150428-1muv80)

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/latest/elizabeth-bryan-new-virgin-chairman/story-e6frg90f-1227324279523)

Tankengine
8th May 2015, 12:47
Old news.:rolleyes:

PatTheDog
8th May 2015, 13:30
Where is the discussion? Why is only 2 pages showing up? Sorry dont use this much.

porch monkey
10th May 2015, 00:22
Maybe because no one gives a **** anymore?

PatTheDog
10th May 2015, 15:20
My god this place is full of negative people....

mates rates
11th May 2015, 05:05
Plenty written in the AFR and the major newspapers at the time about her past and why she was selected for this role involving a number of other CEO's on the board.

Farrell
11th May 2015, 08:13
My god this place is full of negative people....

Just "industry-wise", I'd say.

Tankengine
11th May 2015, 10:00
Patthedog,
You have provided links, about ten days old, with a question of why there was no discussion earlier.
:hmm:
You then berate people for not discussing your topic, even though you have not added anything to discuss.:confused:

What is it you want?:confused::hmm:

Snakecharma
11th May 2015, 21:23
I'll bite.

This is applicable to most medium to large companies.

The board is so far disconnected from the business that they are almost a waste of time.

The board only gets to see the cool-aid fed by the senior executives and they tend to take that as gospel, and make decisions based on that information that is for the most part tainted by the spin placed on it by the executive.

Rarely does a board member have any real experience in the business they are managing and as a result they have little or no first hand relevant knowledge or experience upon which to base their decisions and as a result do not have the ability to see through the spin to either call bull**** or ask probing questions.

But what do you expect from a group of people who meet for a few hours once a month or two? They cannot possibly be expected to absorb the volume of information required to make a properly informed decision and as a result they watch a bunch of PowerPoint presentations and skim board papers that consist of executive summaries and then pages of detail with the gems carefully hidden inside.

It is, however, a bit of the chicken and egg in that until a better system of executive oversight is devised the status quo will remain and whilst the status quo remains the better system will never be developed.

TBM-Legend
20th Oct 2015, 05:16
It's OK people, JB is now on the board of Coca Cola Amatil! Let the sugar revolution begin...

I guess not enough work to do at Virgin...

The Bullwinkle
20th Oct 2015, 06:52
Maybe because no one gives a **** anymore?
Precisely!